Worx WG744 Review
We have spent over 7 hours going through several Worx WG744 reviews from users across different platforms and stores. Here’s a summary of what they think
10 Reasons to Buy
- Several users were impressed by the lawn mower’s mulching and cutting ability, a key feature for an all-around satisfying mowing experience.
- Equipped with two powerful batteries, this cordless mowing machine offers a longer mowing runtime that ensures that users can get a lot done with ease without running the risk of dealing with a dead battery midway during a mowing session.
- The majority of the mowing machine’s users are impressed by its maneuverability and lightweight. The mower makes working around obstacles a lot easier.
- Some users hold the mower’s quiet operation in high esteem, thanks to its ability to generate just half of the noise level a gas-powered mower will generate.
- The Worx WG744 walk behind mower comes fully assembled; you only need to personally attach one or two components. This is another reason why many homeowners prefer it to other brands and models.
- Most users appreciate the mower’s wash out port that makes cleaning the mowing machine a lot easier. The ease of maintenance is a big plus for the mower’s users.
- The 20V battery the Worx WG744 uses is interchangeable with other Worx tools.
- When users need extra torque, the Intellicut system comes in handy to boost the mower’s cutting power and overall performance.
- Although the mower is lightweight, users have no issues with its components’ quality.
- The majority of users have positive words for its 2-in-1 bagger and mulching systems.
3 Reasons NOT to Buy
- Some users complained that the battery performs below standard during mulching. They claimed that mulching drains the battery faster.
- A few users are not satisfied with the mower’s battery power indicator as it tends to give inaccurate readings.
- Some users complained about the difficulty of emptying the bagger.
Worx WG744 Product Specifications
|Cutting Width||14 to 17 Inch.|
|Maximum Cutting Height||3-1/2”.|
|Minimum Cutting Height||1-1/2”.|
|Additional Info||Grass Bag Full Indicator, Intellicut Technology, Battery Runtime Indicator, Dual Port Charger.|
Worx WG744 Review: Deep Dive
The Worx WG744 walk behind lawn mower’s cutting power is one of its selling points. Since it is powered by two 20V batteries, the mowing machine packs enough power to mow a significant fraction of an acre of lawn.
The mower’s Intellicut system boosts its cutting power. When you need extra cutting power to get the job done, perhaps when mowing tall grass, you can leverage the Intellicut system to add more torque and boost the mower’s power.
With a powerful battery, a couple of cutting options, and cutting height adjustment options, the lawn mower is designed to cut a large area of lawn at a go.
With the aid of the battery indicator, you can always switch from one battery to another with ease, another feature that enables users to cover a lot of ground at a mowing session.
The batteries ensure that users can cut a good portion of an acre of lawn at a single charge. That’s aside from the luxury of boosting the mower’s performance with the Intellicut system, another feature that will increase the mowing machine’s coverage as it helps the mower work through thick turf easily.
Most electric cordless machines operate quietly and the Worx WG744 isn’t an exception. Its smooth operation is backed by its silent operation, giving users a great mowing machine that allows them to work on their lawn at their convenience without constituting a nuisance to their neighbor.
Range and Height Adjustment
The Worx WG744 cordless mower has an adjustable mower deck and wheels. With the help of a single lever, users can choose an appropriate cutting height that allows them to mow with ease from the 1.2” to 3.2” available options.
Cut Quality and Options
The Worx WG744 lawn mower boasts impressive cut quality. Thanks to its high maneuverability and lightweight design, the mower has carved a niche for itself as an efficient machine that can help users cover a lot of ground in no time.
The battery indicator allows users to monitor their battery usage and let them know how much power they have left so that they can switch to a charged battery when running out of power.
The Worx WG744 lawn mower has three discharge options: mulching, bagging, and rear discharge. Users can choose any of the available options to keep their lawns clean after mowing.
The majority of this mower’s buyers are satisfied with the mowing machine. Its mowing and mulching ability exceeded users’ expectations. In addition, they are drawn to the model because it is easy to maintain, thanks to its wash out port.
When using some of the mower’s features such as mulching, the batteries dry out faster. That doesn’t detract from the machine’s overall performance and efficiency. With proper usage and maintenance, the Worx WG774 is an efficient machine that can work half an acre of lawn with a single charge.
Worx WG744 Lawn Mower
- Mower Type: Push.
- Cutting Width: 14 to 17 Inch.
- Maximum Cutting Height: 3-1/2”.
- Warranty: 3 years.
- Power Source: Battery.
- Weight: 38.1 Pounds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the lawn mower self-propelled?
The mower isn’t self-propelled. However, it is maneuverable and lightweight so that pushing it around won’t be challenging.
How is the assembly process?
The Worx WG744 mower is easy to assemble because it is almost fully assembled. Users have to attach just the grass catcher and batteries.
How many chargers come with the mower?
Although the charger has two batteries, only one charger is attached to it. Users are advised to purchase an extra charger if they desire.
Does the Worx WG744 mower discharge from the side?
Yes, the mower is equipped with a side discharge attachment. Keeping the lawn clean aside, the side discharger extends the battery’s runtime.
How long do the batteries last?
The two batteries have a combined runtime of between 60 and 90 minutes since the average runtime of each battery is between 30 and 45 minutes.
- Mow your lawn at least once a week to boost the Worx WG744’s battery runtime.
- Don’t mow wet grass or during a hot temperature.
- Purchase extra batteries if your lawn is larger than half of an acre.