If you are in the market for an ideal and universal grass catcher for zero-turn mowers, then you are going to love our recommendations in this article.
In this article, we look at top-ranked universal grass catchers for zero-turn mowers and guide you on how to choose the most suitable one that will ensure a quick and easy collection of leaves and grass clippings.
Top 3 Universal Grass Catcher For Zero-Turn Lawn Mowers
- It is a great fit for homeowners who need to pick up leaves on rough ground.
- Features a front debris flap to promote airflow while trapping dust and debris.
- It can be folded for easy storage.
- Offers an outstanding value for your money.
- Front debris cover ensures that the leaves and dust remain inside.
- Cord locks are easy to loosen and tighten without using tools.
- 8-inch-wide flex tubing prevents clogging.
- Top hinged hood enables easy removal of bags.
- Easy to assemble.
Universal Grass Catchers for Zero-Turn Mowers: Best 7 Picks
1. Terraking 54 cu.ft Pro Leaf Bag (ST95084)
The Terraking Pro leaf bag is ideal with most two-bag material collections on ride-on tractors and zero-turn mowers.
- The Terraking Pro Leaf bag features a front debris flap to promote airflow while trapping dust and debris.
- It is suitable for homeowners who need to pick up leaves on rough ground.
- A user commented that the bag makes leaf clean-up a whole lot easier.
- Some users complained that the bag is not durable and ripped after usage.
It comes with a front debris flap that can keep leaves and also enhance airflow while trapping debris and dust.
It is capable of creating less dust while collecting more leaves for cleanup. It is a heavy-duty bag for homeowners who want to pick up leaves on rough ground.
2. Arnold (OEM-190-180A) Twin Bagger Kit
The Arnold OEM-190-180A twin bagger is a great fit for most MTD Gold, Bolens,Troy-Bilt, MTD, Huskee, Yard Machines lawn tractors, and Yard Machines Riding lawn mowers with a 38-inch or 42-inch mower deck.
- The grass catcher has optimized venting and airflow to ensure reduced clogging.
- It comes with a 6.5-bushel capacity to save raking time and promote a healthier lawn.
- It fits several mower brands such as Bolens, Troy Bilt and Yard Machines
- It is not easy to assemble.
- A user complained that the pipes kept on falling apart.
Its 6.5-bushel capacity ensures a quick and efficient cleanup and a healthy-looking lawn. The optimized venting and airflow reduce clogging.
Furthermore, it includes a chute, hood, bracket and two bags.
3. JL-BRAND ST95000 Leaf Bag
The JL-BRAND leaf bag features a front debris cover to ensure that the leaves and dust remain inside.
The leaf bag’s cord locks are easy to loosen and tighten without making use of tools.
- The leaf bag offers you an outstanding value for your money.
- It comes with a front debris cover to ensure that the leaves and dust remain inside.
- The grass catcher can dump leaves with only three trips.
- Not easy to use.
- Some users complained about defective clamps which open up the bag in the middle of the operation.
The ST95000 model offers you an outstanding value for your money. It is capable of dumping collected leaves with only three trips.
The size of the bag is 97 inches long and 55 inches wide.
4. Terraking Original Lawn Tractor Leaf Bag, Blue
The leaf bag is a great fit for most two-bag material collection systems on ride-on mowing machines. It is perfect for most ride-on-mowers and zero-turn mowers.
- The design of the grass catcher enhances airflow while trapping debris and dust.
- It allows for fewer trips for dumping leaves and emptying the bag.
- The grass catcher’s fabric is breathable.
- It can get heavy when full.
- The clips are a bit flimsy.
The universal grass catcher is woven to trap dust but can still allow air to escape.
Its capacity is measured at 54 cu. ft. to increase the leaf collection of capabilities of your ride-on lawn mower.
5. MTD (19A30031OEM) Double Bagger
It features 8-inch-wide flex tubing which prevents clogging while the sight window enables you to know when your bag is full.
- The bagger fosters lawn growth by preventing thatch buildup.
- The grass catcher is easy to assemble.
- Its 6.5-bushel capacity saves plenty of time and ensures that it does not leave grass clumps behind.
- It is a bit pricey
- A user complained that the plastic latches break easily.
The bagger encourages lawn growth and increases curb appeal. Its 6.5-bushel capacity saves time and ensures that it does not leave grass clumps behind.
The double bagger comes with a top-hinged hood that ensures easy bag removal. Some users liked the grass catcher for its sheerness and easy assembly.
6. Braveboy 110-6674 GT4000 Grass Bag, Compatible with Toro Zero-Turn Lawn Mowers
The grass catcher is compatible with Toro zero-turn mower models such as 99324, 99155, 79297 and 79398.
- The grass bag is an ideal fit for several Toro zero-turn mowers.
- It is easy to install.
- A user noted that the bottom part of the bag is brittle.
- The grass bag does not have a frame.
A user liked the fact that the grass bag is easy to install. It is important to note that the bag does not come with a frame.
7. A+ Lawn Tractor Leaf Bag
The leaf bag is an ideal fit for several top-rated zero-turn mowers. It has a great value for your money and it is easy to install.
- The grass catcher is lightweight and easy to install.
- It is affordable and saves time and effort in cleaning up the yard.
- The leaf bag has a huge load capacity.
- The bag can be heavy when full.
- The clips are flimsy.
The A+ grass catcher is easy to attach to your mowing machine. It does not require tools for its attachment. The leaf bag is affordable and can ensure easy dumping of leaves.
8. BROSYDA Garden Leaf Bag
The grass catcher is convenient to fix and easy to operate. It is a great fit for zero-turn mowers and ride-on lawn tractors. Its woven fabric enhances airflow while trapping dust.
- The BROSYDA garden leaf bag can clean up yards faster.
- It fits most zero-turn lawn mowers.
- The garden leaf bag is easy to remove and assemble.
- A user complained that the bag ripped when emptied.
The garden leaf bag is easy to remove and assemble.
It fits dual-bag systems and may be too small for three-bag-hooded mowers. The BROSYDA grass catcher is easy to install.
If you are looking for a universal grass catcher for zero-turn mowers, the Terraking 54 cu.ft Pro Leaf Bag is our top pick.
The leaf bag is ideal with most two-bag material collections on ride-on tractors and zero-turn mowers.
It features a front debris flap to promote airflow while trapping debris and dust. The grass catcher can create less dust while collecting more leaves for cleanup.
This bag has a 54-Cu.ft capacity and a maximum bag opening circumference of 120 inches. It is also easy to use.
How Does a Grass Catcher Work?
A grass catcher is attached to the back of a lawn mower to collect grass clippings.
Grass bags are attached to the back of walk-behind mowing machines while collection systems can be used on some riding and zero-turn mowing machines.
The grass bag allows the grass to go through the mulching door into the collection bag.
Grass collection systems enable the airflow of the blade to propel the grass clippings into the chute during mowing operation.
The grass is then deposited into the bag after passing through the collection chute.
Factors to Consider Before Choosing a Universal Grass Catcher For Zero-Turn Mowers
Here are some factors to consider before buying a universal grass catcher for a zero-turn mower:
Getting a compatible grass bag for your mower can enhance efficiency. Ensure that you check the assembly or mounting needed for the one you intend to purchase.
Ease of Disposal and Installation
It is advisable to choose a grass catcher that is easy to install. You can also check for a grass catcher that comes with built-in handles for easy disposal.
The capacity of your grass catcher will determine how many trips you need to dump the collected grass clippings and debris.
Homeowners that have a large yard can choose the one with a large bag capacity for fast and easy cleanup.
A smaller capacity will slow down the process of emptying the collected lawn debris.
It is important to get a grass catcher that is made with a sturdy and durable material that will last for a long time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a grass catcher on tall grass?
A: It is not recommended to make use of a grass catcher in areas where there is tall grass. Collecting tall grass with your grass catcher can clog the system with ease.
Can I collect wet clippings into a grass catcher?
A: No, it is not ideal to collect wet clippings into your grass catcher. The wet grass will stick in the bag and chute which can result in clogging.
What grass catcher capacity should I choose?
A: The capacity to choose depends on what suits your needs. You can get one that is around 4 cubic feet.
A grass catcher that is around 4 cubic feet is big enough to collect a huge chunk of bushels and will also require less frequent emptying.
If you have a smaller yard, you can go for a smaller one. It is also important to note that the cost of a grass catcher depends on the brand and the overall capacity.