If you need a compatible and universal grass catcher for side discharge, then you will love our recommendations in this article.
In this article, we reveal top-rated universal grass catchers for side discharge and guide you on how to pick the most suitable one that can thwart thatch buildup, foster a healthier lawn and save you from the hassles of long and tedious raking.
In a hurry? Check out our top 3 product list below:
Top 3 Universal Grass Catchers For Side Discharge
- Makes clearing yard waste easy.
- Easy to install and assemble.
- Easy-glide design with built-in handles ensures easy clipping disposal.
- Zippered wide-end opening for emptying.
- It is sturdy.
- Made of tough and heavy-duty polyester fabric.
- Top hinged hood enables easy removal of bags.
- 8-inch-wide flex tubing prevents clogging.
- Easy to assemble.
Best Universal Grass Catchers for Side Discharge: 8 Best Picks
1. Poulan Soft-Sided 3 Bin Grass Bagger
The 3-bin grass bag is ideal for Husqvarna and Poulan Pro garden tractors with 54-inch decks. It makes clearing yard waste easy.
- The 3-bin grass bag comes with an easy-glide design with handles for easy clipping disposal.
- It is easy to assemble.
- The Poulan soft-sided bagger can clean up large yards faster.
- It has a limited capacity.
- The grass bin bagger is not compatible with zero-turn mowers.
The grass bagger is easy to assemble. In addition, it offers you an outstanding value for your money.
It features an improved airflow that results in fuller bags. Its easy-glide design with handles enhances hassle-free clipping disposal.
2. Exmark GC3602 Side Mount Catcher
The grass catcher comes with a frame, bag, plate and bolts that are attached to lawn mowers.
Homeowners liked the fact that the catcher is easy to use and install.
- The Exmark GC3602 model has a compact and durable build.
- It is easy to use and install.
- A user liked the grass catcher for its mechanical strength.
- It may not be an ideal fit for other walk-behind models.
- A user commented that the bars of the grass catcher were not welded well.
The grass catcher is measured at 36 inches. A user liked the side mount catcher for its mechanical strength when installed.
To prevent the lawn tool from wearing fast, you can place a protective covering to extend the bag’s lifespan.
3. Terraking Original Lawn Tractor Leaf Bag, Blue
The universal grass catcher for side discharge is ideal with most two-bag material collection systems on ride-on mowing machines.
It is perfect for most ride-on-mowers and zero-turn mowers.
- The grass catcher has a big bag with a larger load capacity.
- It allows for fewer trips for dumping leaves and emptying the bag.
- The grass catcher’s fabric is durable and breathable.
- It can get heavy when full.
- The clips are a bit flimsy.
The universal grass catcher for side discharge riding mower is made of a durable and abrasion-resistant fabric that provides long-term use.
It is also woven to trap dust but can still allow air to escape.
Its capacity is measured at 54 cu. ft. to increase the leaf collection of capabilities of your ride-on lawn mower.
4. JL-BRAND ST95000 Big Leaf Bag
The JL-BRAND ST95000 model comes with a front debris cover to ensure that the leaves and dust remain inside.
This leaf bag slips over the hood of your 2-bag collection system and secures with two cord locks.
- The cord locks are easy to loosen and tighten without using tools.
- It comes with a front debris cover to ensure that the leaves and dust remain inside.
- It is affordable and can save more time.
- It is not durable.
- Not an ideal option for a 3-bag hooded tractor.
These cord locks are easy to loosen and tighten without using tools.
The bag can collect more fallen leaves to help you save time. It offers you an outstanding value for your money. The size of the bag is 55 inches wide and 97 inches long.
It is capable of cleaning up a 0.5-acre lawn and can also dump the collected leaves with only three trips.
5. MTD (19A30031OEM) Double Bagger
The grass catcher is a great fit for most Cub Cadet and Troy-Bilt, Craftsman, Bolens and Husqvarna riding mowers with 42 or 46-inch mower decks (2010 and after).
It features flex tubing for visuals of grass to increase shipping efficiencies and prevent clogging. The sight window also allows you to know when your bag is full.
- It is equipped with an 8-inch-wide flex tubing to prevent clogging.
- The grass catcher is easy to assemble.
- Its 6.5-bushel capacity saves plenty of time and ensures that it does not leave grass clumps behind.
- It is a bit expensive.
- A user complained that the plastic latches break easily.
The MTD grass catcher increases curb appeal and encourages lawn growth.
It has a 6.5-bushel capacity which saves plenty of time and ensures that it does not leave grass clumps behind.
Its top-hinged hood enhances the easy removal of bags. This means that you don’t have to flip the seat up when you want to empty it.
The double bagger is well-liked for its sheerness and easy assembly.
6. Grass Bag to Fit Lawn Boy w/Plastic Adapter
The grass catcher can fit all lawn tractors with 38-inch side discharge decks and 42-inch mower decks (2009 and before) from Bolens, Huskee, MTD, Yard-Man, Yard Machines and Troy-Bilt and some Toro mowing machines like Toro LX426 model.
- The grass collector hardly gets clogged.
- It is easy to install.
- The grass bag features two easy-loading nylon bags for easy grass clean-up.
- It fills up a bit fast.
- A user complained about its durability.
The bagger comes with two easy-loading nylon bags that mounts quickly to allow for easy cleaning up of grass clippings, leaving a reduced accumulation of thatch for a healthy-looking lawn.
The side grass catcher includes a hood, chute, mounting brackets and two bags.
7. Stens 365-023 Grass Bag
The Stens 365-023 model is a great fit for Lawn-Boy side bag units (except Utility and Scamp). It has a zippered wide-end opening for emptying.
- The Sten 365-023 model is sturdy and of good quality.
- It is easy to empty.
- A user noted that the bag’s zipper is solid.
- It does not have a zip tie to hook the handle.
Some users commented that the grass bag is of good quality. It can be washed with a garden hose with ease.
8. MTD Genuine Parts 21” Replacement Lawn Mower Grass Bag
The grass bag fits a variety of most MTD models with 21-inch mower decks for easy replacement.
- The grass bag provides the perfect fit to ensure that your mower is running smoothly.
- It offers great value for your money.
- Some users commented that the grass bag is made of good quality.
- Some users complained that the bag did not fit the frame properly.
It offers durability, strength, and performance to ensure the smooth running of the lawn mower.
The 21-inch replacement grass bag offers an outstanding value for your money.
If you are looking for a durable and easy-to-install universal grass catcher for side discharge, the Poulan soft-sided 3-bin grass bagger is our top pick.
It is perfect for Husqvarna, and Poulan Pro garden tractors with 54-inch decks. It makes clearing yard waste easy. Some users liked the fact that the 3-bin bagger is easy to assemble.
It comes with an improved airflow that results in fuller bags. The easy-glide design with handles ensures hassle-free clipping disposal.
Factors to Consider Before Choosing a Universal Grass Catcher For Side Discharge
If you are in the market for an ideal and top-quality universal grass catcher for side discharge, there are factors to consider. Here are some of them:
The capacity of your grass catcher will determine how many trips you need to do to dump grass clippings and debris
Homeowners with a bigger yard can get a large bag capacity for fast and easy cleanup. A smaller capacity will slow down the process of emptying the collected lawn debris.
This is one of the factors to consider before getting a universal grass catcher for side discharge.
Ensure that the grass bag is compatible with the mower to enhance efficiency.
Furthermore, check the assembly or mounting needed for the one you wish to buy.
Ease of Installation And Disposal
Ensure that you get a grass catcher that is easy to install. You should also be on the lookout for grass catchers that have built-in handles to help simplify disposal.
It is important to select a grass catcher made with a durable and sturdy material that will last for several seasons.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a grass catcher on tall grass?
A: It is advisable not to use a grass catcher in areas where there is tall grass. Collection of long grass clippings can easily clog the system.
How does a grass catcher work?
A: A grass catcher is attached to the back of a lawn mower to ensure the collection of grass clippings.
Grass bags are attached to the back of walk-behind mowing machines while collection systems can be used on several riding and zero-turn mowers.
Can I collect wet clippings into a grass catcher?
A: No, it is not advisable to mow and collect wet clippings into the catcher. u003cbru003eu003cbru003eThe wet grass will stick in the chute and bag which can cause clogging and make your mowing task difficult.