We have spent over 8 hours going through dozens of experts’ and users’ Sun Joe iON16LM reviews from different sources. Here’s a summary of what they think:
9 Reasons to Buy
- Most users are pleased with the Sun Joe iON16LM’s lightweight design which made it easy for them to maneuver the mower around obstacles easily.
- Many users appreciated the mower’s brushless motor which performs well on different types of grasses..
- It is quite affordable compared to other electric mowers.
- Some buyers spoke glowingly of the mower’s aesthetic appearance and build quality.
- Most users didn’t have to worry about mowing at a fast pace because the mowing machine worked well at any working speed.
- Most of Sun Joe iON16LM brushless cordless mower’s users appreciated that they didn’t need external help to set up the machine because it is very easy to assemble.
- A couple of users were awed by the built-in battery and charging station indicators that helped them monitor the mower’s battery while charging it and know when the battery was fully charged.
- Many users who had reservations about mowers that are started by pulling a rope were impressed by the easy way they could start the Sun Joe iON16LM by simply holding the start button and pulling the lever.
- A good number of users were impressed by the mower’s grass bag’s design and how they could easily detach or attach the bag.
3 Reasons NOT to Buy
- While some users noted that the Sun Joe iON16LM is quieter than gas-powered mowers, it is not as quiet as some other cordless mowers.
- Many users consider the mower to be better at cutting than at mowing.
- The Sun Joe iON16LM battery-powered cordless lawn mower doesn’t have a side discharge feature.
Sun Joe iON16LM Product Specifications
|Features||Bagging, Electric Start.|
|Maximum Cutting Height||3-3/20”.|
|Minimum Cutting Height||1-9/50”.|
|Cutting Width||14 to 17 Inch.|
|Push Button Start||Yes.|
|Rear Wheel Size||8 Inch.|
|Deck Material||ABS Plastic.|
|Additional Info||ETL Approved, iONMAXBattery System, Energy Star Certified, EcoSharp Technology.|
Sun Joe iON16LM Review: Deep Dive
The Sun Joe iON16LM mower has an impressive cutting power. For instance, with its brushless motors, it offers higher power output than mowing machines that are equipped with brushed motors.
Aside from boosting the machine’s power output, the brushless motor increases its battery efficiency as well. With better battery power and high output, this machine ranks among the most efficient lawn mowers.
The lawn mower’s battery run time and cutting power ensure that users can mow their lawns for long without running out of battery. In addition, its 17-inch cutting power boosts its overall performance. No wonder that the mower is recommended for homeowners with lawns up to 5, 000 square feet.
This machine doesn’t require an extensive maintenance routine. After each mowing session, remove dirt from the blade and the deck and wipe the mower clean. Although the deck is made of rust-resistant material, regular cleaning will keep it in pristine condition.
Range and Height Adjustment
The mower offers six adjustable cutting settings ranging from 1 9/50” to 3-3/20”.
While some may argue that the mower’s six adjustment positions are fewer than most machine’s adjustable settings options, they are nevertheless enough to give user options that suit them and remove the stress of mowing with a non-comfortable machine.
The battery-powered mower is quieter than most gas-powered mowing machines. The brushless motor doesn’t only increase the machine’s cutting power but it decreases its noise as well.
Therefore, you can use the mower at your convenience without using ear protectors or worrying about creating disturbing noise while mowing with the machine.
The mower is durable. The manufacturer used ABS plastic for its deck. The rust-resistant material guarantees protection from rust and thus extends the mower’s lifespan.
The handles are ergonomically built to make the machine user-friendly. That is in addition to the fact that you can fold the handles and store the mower easily.
Thanks to its steel blade, the machine offers optimal precision and strong cutting power to enable you to have the best mowing experience.
When you purchase the lawn mower, you will enjoy a 2-year warranty that covers material or workmanship defects you detect during normal residential use. If any of the parts is defective within the warranty period, the manufacturer will repair or replace the part as the case may be.
Since the warranty applies to residential use, you void it if you use the machine for commercial or business purposes. For such purposes, the warranty covers the mower for just 90 days.
Mishandling and carelessness also nullifies the warranty. For instance, if you don’t maintain the mower properly and your negligence triggers a defect, you will personally be responsible for fixing the problem.
The Sun Joe iON16LM is one of the inexpensive and efficient battery-powered mowers on the market today. It performs incredibly well on different types of grass and terrains.
One of its drawbacks is that it doesn’t come with mulching accessories. This doesn’t take anything away from the fact that the mower performs a decent job on lawns up to 5,000 square feet.
Sun Joe iON16LM Lawn Mower
- Mower Type: Push.
- Cutting Width: 14 to 17 Inch.
- Push Button Start: Yes.
- Rear Wheel Size: 8 Inch.
- Weight: 37.3 pounds.
- Power Source: Battery.
- Warranty: 2 years.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to charge the iON16LM’s battery fully?
For a new battery, you must charge it for 5 hours and 2 hours for subsequent charging.
Is the Sun Joe iON16LM a self-propelled mower?
No, it isn’t a self-propelled but a pushed mower.
Can it pick up leaves?
The mower is comparable to gas-powered mowing machines in this respect because it picks leaves easily as the other type.
Can I use a Snow Joe Snow Blower’s battery with the Sun Joe iON16LM?
Yes, the 40V battery from the blower is compatible with the iON16LM mower.
Does the Sun Joe iON16LM come with a charger and a battery?
Yes, the mowing machine has a battery and a charger.
- You can’t use the mower with the bag inside the box. You need a Discharge Chute Accessory to use it for mulching.
- The Sun Joe iON16LM’s average run time is 40 minutes, depending on grass thickness. For uninterrupted use, consider purchasing a second battery as a backup for the accompanying one.
- While assembling the mower, ensure that the lower arms are in the right position to enable you to adjust the height properly.