The Ryobi RY40180 is an eco-friendly and versatile push lawn mower perfect for handling residential lawn maintenance.
The RY40180 cordless mower is very easy to operate and maintain. It performs well on tall, thick and dense grass. It can mulch and bag via the 2-in-1 option.
We spent 8.5 hours digging through experts’ and real users’ Ryobi RY40180 reviews. Here is a summary of what they think:
10 Reasons to Buy
- The Ryobi RY40180 comes with a telescoping handle for easy and compact storage.
- The high-intensity LED headlights ensure safe mowing operations in low light or dark conditions.
- The push lawn mower is lightweight, making it easy to maneuver on lawns.
- It is easy to use and maintain.
- The battery lawn mower is quiet and eco-friendly.
- It performs well on tall, thick and dense grass.
- Its brushless motor with load-sensing technology enables the mower to deliver power that is needed to maintain a remarkable cutting speed.
- The cordless mower is quick and easy to start.
- The Ryobi RY40180 has a minimal storage footprint, thanks to its vertical posture.
- The cordless mower comes with an upper blade control lever to keep you safe from personal injuries while mowing.
5 Reasons Not to Buy
- It has a small cutting deck.
- Some users complained about the battery life.
- Not the best for large yards.
- The batteries are expensive to replace.
- Some users noted that the mulching plug can easily get in the way of the cutting blade if inserted incorrectly.
Ryobi RY40180 Product Specifications
|Cutting width||20 inches|
|Features||Mulching and Bagging|
|Maximum cutting height||4 inches|
|Minimum cutting height||1.5 inches|
|Additional Information||Telescoping Handle, LED light, load-sensing technology, Onboard battery storage, 20-inch cutting deck.|
Ryobi RY40180 Review: Deep Dive
The Ryobi RY40180 comes with a telescoping handle for easy and compact storage. It has a minimal storage footprint, thanks to its vertical posture.The high-intensity LED headlights illuminate your path in low light or dark conditions.
It has a lightweight design, making it easy to maneuver on lawns. The battery has onboard storage for a second battery. Its battery cover protects the battery port from debris and moisture.
The cordless lawn mower offers up to 45 minutes of run-time with a 5.0 Ah 40-Volt Lithium-Ion high-capacity battery. The battery and charger are compatible with any Ryobi 40-Volt tools.
Its brushless motor with load-sensing technology allows the mower to deliver enough power that is needed to maintain a remarkable cutting speed. This will prevent bogging down in overgrown patches of grass.
Ease of Use
The battery-powered mower is easy to use and maintain. It does not require gas or oil. It comes with a push-button start for a quick and easy start.
The RY40180 model is eco-friendly and quiet. This means that you can work at any hour of the day without disturbing your neighbors with noisy mowers.
The Ryobi RY40180 lawn mower is equipped with a 20-inch cutting deck for efficient mowing on lawns that are up to 0.5 acres or less. It has seven cutting positions which can be adjusted from 1.5-4 inches to suit your varying needs.
The lawn equipment operates efficiently on weeds, tall, dense, and thick grass. The push lawn mower is perfect for maintaining a healthy and cleanly trimmed lawn.
Price and Warranty
The RY40180 model is fairly priced. Plus, it is backed by a 5-year warranty.
The yard tool has mulching and bagging capabilities. The mulching feature restores nitrogen to the soil by re-cutting grass clippings into tiny pieces while the bagging capability collects grass clippings for easy cleanup. This will ensure a well-manicured lawn appearance.
The upper blade control lever prevents you from personal injuries while mowing.
The Ryobi RY40180 is an eco-friendly and sturdy mower best suited for residential lawn maintenance. It is well-liked for its lengthy warranty, lightweight design and quiet operation.
On the downside, some owners found it difficult to install the mulching plug. Some users also complained about the battery life of the mower. In all, the Ryobi RY40180 is still a good pick for lawns that are up to 0.5 acres.
- Power source: Gas.
- Cutting width: 21 Inches.
- Cutting height: 6 positions, ranging from 1.25 inches to 3.75 inches.
- Capabilities: Mulching, Bagging, Side Discharging.
- Warranty: 2 years.
- Weight: 72.0 pounds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Ryobi RY40180 self-propelled?
The Ryobi RY40180 is not a self-propelled lawn mower.
Can you use the mower without the bag?
Yes, it has a mulching plug that sets the mowing machine to mulching mode.
Does the mower come with a battery and battery charger?
Yes, it comes with a battery and battery charger.
How long does the battery last during mowing?
The battery life depends on the cutting conditions of the lawn. The battery can last up to thirty minutes while mowing tall and wet grass. It can last up to 90 minutes while cutting dry grass.
Can the mower be transported easily?
Yes, it can be transported easily.
Is the Ryobi lawn mower a good brand?
Yes, it is a good brand. It is lightweight, portable and offers an excellent cutting job.
- Do not use solvents when cleaning plastic parts.
- Wipe the mower clean with a dry cloth.
- Check nuts, bolts, screws, fasteners and knobs for tightness.
- Store your mowing machine in a clean and dry place.
- Check moving parts for wear, damage and breakage.
- Before storage, make sure that you wipe any debris or dirt from the battery area.