Getting a durable and long-lasting lawn mower cover for your mower will prevent weather damage and rust, protect it from harmful UV rays, and ensure that it is always in good working condition.
There is a wide range of brands out there but how do you pick a lawn mower cover that is durable, water-resistant and weatherproof?
To make the decision easier for you, we reviewed and ranked the best lawn mower covers available on the market today.
In a hurry? Check our top 3 recommendations:
Top 3 Lawn Mower Covers
- Durable and water-resistant.
- Protects against rain, dirt and tree sap.
- Fits zero-turn mowers with a deck of 60 inches.
- Drawcord ensures a tight fit around the mower for maximum protection.
- Durable and water-resistant.
- Fits most push-type electric or gas mowers.
- Tightening cord allows the cover to be secured around the mower.
- Durable and waterproof.
- Offers an outstanding value for your money.
Lawn Mower Covers: 8 Best Picks
1. Classics Accessories Zero-Turn Mower Cover, Large
The mower cover fits zero-turn mowers with a deck of 60 inches. It offers protection to the mower against dirt, rain, birds, tree sap and sun damage.
- The zero-turn mower cover is durable and water-resistant.
- Its air vent prevents ballooning in winds.
- The Classics Accessories mower cover is durable and made of top-quality material.
- A user noted that the fabric is flimsy.
Its reinforced air vent allows the air to circulate and also prevents ballooning in winds. The zero-turn mower cover is well rated for its durability, quality material and water resistance.
It is equipped with a weather-X fabric with a water-resistant bracket to protect against abrasion and weather. The best lawn mower cover comes with a handle to make installation easy and quick.
2. Himal Outdoors Waterproof Lawn Mower Cover
The lawn mower cover is made of a 600D Oxford cloth with double stitching to prevent wear and tear.
It is sturdy, durable and water-resistant. Furthermore, it offers an outstanding value for your money.
- The waterproof lawn mower cover is sturdy and durable.
- It is made of a 600D Oxford cloth with double stitching to help prevent wear and tear.
- The Himal mower cover offers an outstanding value for your money.
- A user complained that the mower cover is not durable enough to withstand UV rays.
- Some users noted that the mower cover is too small for their mowers.
The waterproof lawn mower cover is best suited for walk-behind weeding machines that have a size range of 25-74 inches including Lawn Boy, Troy Bilt, John Deere, Honda, Toro and Craftsman.
It protects your lawn equipment from rain, wind, dust, leaves, birds and resin. The tightening cord that is located at the bottom allows the cover to be secured.
3. Family Accessories Zero-Turn Mower Cover, Waterproof
The heavy-duty lawn mower cover comes with an elastic hem that ensures a tight fit around your yard tool to prevent it from flying off during windy days.
- It is water-resistant and durable.
- The lawn mower cover zero turn comes with two air vents to prevent water condensation.
- Its 600D marine-grade fabric is for use in harsh and rugged outdoor conditions.
- A user complained of loose seam tape.
Its solution-dyed polyester keeps your mower out of extreme elements while storing during the winter or summer.
Some users rated the mower cover for its weatherproof design, top-quality material, durability and water resistance.
4. WeatherPro Lawn Mower Cover
The WeatherPro lawn mower cover is water-resistant and protects your mowing machine from harmful UV rays. It is easy to use.
Its drawcord assures a tight fit around the mower for complete protection.
- The lawn mower cover is easy to use.
- It protects your mower from harmful UV rays.
- The WeatherPro mower cover is durable and made of top-quality material.
- Some users complained that the drawstring couldn’t secure the cover well.
It is a perfect fit for most push-type gas or electric lawn mowers.
The lawn mower cover offers you an outstanding value for your money. The durable mower cover saves your equipment from leaves, sun, snow, pollen, dust and dirt.
5. Hybrid Covers Lawn Mower Cover
The lawn mower cover is ideal for push mowers that are up to 21-24 inches. These mower brands include Cub Cadet lawn mowers, Ego, Toro, Craftsman, Honda and Husqvarna.
- The waterproof mower cover protects your push, gas and electric mower from rain, dust or dirt.
- Its drawstring cord with cord locks helps to tighten the cover around the mowing machine.
- The mower cover is a great fit for several mowers such as Toro, Honda. John Deere and Ego.
- Some users commented that the mower cover did not last long.
- It is a bit flimsy.
The drawcord helps to tie down the cover to the mowing machine so that it won’t fly off during windy days.
6. PrimeShield Heavy-Duty Lawn Riding Mower Cover
The PrimeShield mower cover is made of 200D oxford fabric with waterproof PU coating to protect your lawn equipment from dirt, dust, wet leaves, rain and wind.
- The PrimeShield mower cover is durable and water-resistant.
- It can be folded in the storage bag with ease.
- The 200D oxford fabric with waterproof PU coating protects your mower from dirt, dust, snow, wind and rain.
- It is a bit short.
Its air vents reduce wind lofting and inside condensation water. Its compact size makes it easy to be folded into a storage bag.
Its double-stitched interlock seam provides additional durability. The riding lawn mower cover offers excellent value for your money.
7. Szblnsm Riding Lawn Mower Cover
The lawn mower cover is suitable for most riding mower brands such as John Deere, Greenworks, Lawn Boy, Toro, Troy-Bilt and Craftsman.
- The riding mower cover ensures excellent waterproof performance.
- The seamless stitching ensures the tightness of your mower cover.
- It comes with an elastic hem that can easily fit your mower and also holds it together.
- A user complained that the lawn mower cover leaks.
- It does not have tie loops.
Its polyurethane coating and seamless stitching ensure remarkable waterproof for your mowing machine.
The elastic hem provides a close fit for your lawn equipment to avoid the cover from blowing away.
8. Indeedbuy Riding Lawn Mower Cover
The Indeedbuy riding mower cover comes with an elastic hem that prevents it from being blown away by the wind.
- The Indeedbuy mower cover is thick and weatherproof.
- It is equipped with an elastic hem that prevents it from being blown away by the wind.
- Some users liked the mower cover for its durability and water resistance.
- A user noted that the mower cover faded fast.
- Some users complained that it was too big for their mower.
It is made of a hydrophobic material to provide high-quality protection.
The mower cover is easy to store. Its polyurethane coating and seamless stitching offer remarkable waterproof protection. It offers an outstanding value for your money.
When it comes to durability, quality material and water resistance, the Classics Accessories zero-turn mower cover is our top pick.
It fits zero-turn mowers with a deck of 60 inches. The zero-turn lawn cover offers protection to the mower against dirt, rain, birds, tree sap and sun damage.
Its reinforced air vent prevents ballooning in winds while the handle makes installation easy and quick.
The best lawn mower cover is equipped with a weather-X fabric with a water-resistant bracket to protect against abrasion and weather.
4 Benefits of Lawn Mower Covers
Here are some of the benefits of lawn mower covers:
1. Keeps the Mowing Machine Clean
Lawn mower covers help to prevent dirt or dust buildup that can clog or damage bearings, joints and other moving components.
2. Protects the Mower From Elements
They protect your mower from premature damage from exposure to elements.
Most lawn mower covers are UV protected and water-resistant to prevent damage from intense sun rays and keep out water respectively.
3. Prevents Rust
Most lawn mower components are made of metal and can get rust when exposed to elements or moisture. Getting a lawn mower cover for your mower will help prevent it from rust.
If you intend to store your mower outside, this cover will offer protection from rain as well as any contact with moisture.
4. Keeps Away Pest
Using a lawn mower cover with a tightening cord or elastic cord will keep pests and other small animals that may chew the wires or create nests on your lawn mower.
How Do You Put A Lawn Mower Cover On?
Simply place the cover all over the lawn mower. You also need to locate the drawstring and tighten it around the mower.
4 Factors to Consider Before Buying A Lawn Mower Cover
If you are in the market for a top-quality and waterproof lawn mower cover, there are some factors to consider. Here are some of them:
Getting the right size of the cover for your mower is essential. The size of a cover for a push mower will be entirely different from that of a riding mower.
Ensure that you measure your mower and know the right fit for it before getting one.
Make sure that you select a mower cover that has venting.
This will help regulate the temperature underneath the cover by enabling the wind to escape. In addition, it regulates the temperature from going too high.
The material is also an important factor to consider if you want to store your mower indoors or outdoors. For indoor storage, you may need a simple cover to keep out pests and dirt.
If you want to store it outdoors, you may need a tougher material that can withstand elements. The material should be wind-proof, UV protected and waterproof.
4. Securing Mechanism
Purchasing a mower cover with a securing mechanism is also essential if you want to prevent your cover from being blown off by the wind.
You can choose a mower cover that has an elastic hem at the bottom or a drawstring to tighten the cover on the body of the mower.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do lawn mower covers work?
A: Yes, you need them because they can protect your mower from rust, dirt and the elements. This will also keep your mowing machine in good working condition.
Should I cover my lawn mower in the rain?
A: Yes, it is important to cover your lawn mower in the rain to prevent it from damage.
How do I cover my lawn mower outside?
A: You need to get a waterproof mower cover to protect your yard tool from the elements.
You can also use a tarp for indoor storage but it is best to use a mower cover for outdoor storage since it won’t be blown off.