The Lawn-Boy 17732 is a sturdy and efficient self-propelled mower perfect for small to medium-sized yards. It performs well on hilly and rough terrain.
It has side discharge, mulching, and bagging capabilities. The gas mower gets your yard work done without any hassle.
We spent 8.5 hours reading through experts and real users’ Lawn-Boy 17732 reviews. Here is a summary of what they think:
10 Reasons to Buy
- The Lawn-Boy 17732 comes with a rear-wheel-drive system that provides great traction and better control on hilly surfaces.
- Its front and rear wheels ensure easy and smooth maneuverability on lawns.
- It runs on a powerful Kohler 149cc engine for superior lawn mowing performance.
- The 17732 model delivers 6.5pound-feet of gross torque to mow over slight inclines and slopes with ease.
- The mower blades enhance smooth and nice cuts on lawns.
- Its operator-centric design offers user-friendly maintenance.
- The self-propelled mower operates efficiently on thick grass and in wet conditions.
- The bailout lever provides improved safety while mowing through obstacles.
- It is easy to handle and assemble.
- The self-propelled mower is budget-friendly and easy to start.
2 Reasons Not to Buy
- It is a bit pricey.
- The mower has a shoddy front height adjustment mechanism.
Lawn-Boy 17732 Product Specifications
|Cutting width||21 inches|
|Features||Side Discharge, Mulching, and Bagging|
|Maximum cutting height||3-3/4 inches|
|Minimum cutting height||1-1/4 inches|
|Additional Information||Tri-Cut System, CARB Compliant, Larger Bag Capacity|
Lawn-Boy 17732 Review: Deep Dive
The gas lawn mower is equipped with a rear-wheel-drive system for great traction and better control on hilly surfaces.
It has a lightweight design, making it easy to maneuver on lawns. Its 7-inch front and 8-inch rear wheels for smooth maneuverability on lawns.
The Lawn-Boy 17732 runs on a Kohler 149cc engine for a superb mowing performance.It delivers 6.5pound-feet of gross torque for easy mowing operation on slight inclines and slopes. Some users commented that the mower is easy to start (starts on the first pull).
Ease of Use
The 17732 model is easy to handle and assemble. You do not need to hire an expert to assist you with its assembly. Its operator-centric design offers user-friendly maintenance.
The mowing machine does not require an oil change. All you need to do is to check the oil level before every use.
The self-propelled lawn mower comes with a 21-inch cutting deck for superior grass-cutting performance on small and medium-sized lawns.
It has six cutting heights which can be adjusted from 1.25-3.75 inches to suit users’ mowing needs. It can easily cut any turfgrass in your yard and can also work well in wet conditions. For the best cutting performance, grasses that are 6-inch tall should be mowed twice.
The Lawn-Boy 17732 has a 2-Point Height-of-Cut system that enables users to adjust the mowing height from one side of the lawn mower. The blades provide a smooth and nice cut for a well-manicured lawn appearance.
The gas-powered mower supports a host of accessories such as a mulch plug, rear bag kit for increased mower performance.
The self-propelled mower can side discharge, mulch or bag via the 3-in-1 option. The side discharge feature expels grass clippings away from the mower while the mulching feature re-cuts clippings into small pieces to restore nitrogen to the soil.
The larger bag capacity bags your grass clippings for easy disposal. This bag allows you to empty the bag less often.
Price and Warranty
The Lawn-Boy 17732 is a bit pricey. It is backed by a three-year Tru-Start commitment plus a two-year full warranty.
The bailout lever enables the mower to stop instantly once you release it. This serves as an important feature when you come across an obstacle while mowing.
Apart from a few drawbacks, the Lawn-Boy 17732 is a sturdy mower with an innovative design, and solid cutting power and capabilities to deliver superior mowing performance on lawns.
If you are looking for a high-performing self-propelled mower that can cover small and medium-sized lawns, the Lawn-Boy 17732 is a good addition to your machine set.
- Power source: Gas.
- Cutting width: 21 Inches.
- Cutting height: 6 positions, ranging from 1.25 inches to 3.75 inches.
- Capabilities: Mulching, Bagging, Side Discharging.
- Warranty: 2 years.
- Weight: 72.0 pounds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Lawn-Boy 17732 mower shipped with oil?
Yes, it comes with a bottle of oil.
What type of fuel is recommended for the mower?
It is recommended to use unleaded gas with an octane rating of 87 or higher and no more than ten percent for the best results. Check.
What is the mower’s maximum cutting height?
The Lawn-Boy 17732 has a maximum cutting height of 3 ¾ inches and a minimum cutting height of 1- ¼ inches.
Is the engine 4 stroke or 2 stroke?
It has a 4-stroke engine.
Can I leave the mower outside in the rain?
You should cover it with a tarp if left outside. To prevent corrosion, make sure that the water does not touch the blades to prevent corrosion.
Does the mower have a bail drive system or a lever-operated drive?
It is equipped with a bail drive system.
- Clean the grass clippings and dirt under the mower after use.
- Check the engine oil level before each use.
- For optimal cutting results, replace or sharpen the blades yearly.
- Replace the mower’s spark plug every 100 hours.
- Clean the cooling system every 100 hours.
- Check the air cleaner for loose, dirty and damaged parts, and clean or replace them if necessary.