The Lawn-Boy 17730 is a durable and budget-friendly lawn mower perfect for residential lawn maintenance. It combines ease of use options, cutting power and reliability to make it a worthwhile investment. The push gas lawn mower performs well on rough and uneven terrain. It can also side discharge, mulch, or bag via the 3-in-1 option.
We spent 8.5 hours reading through experts and real users’ Lawn-Boy 17730 reviews. Here is a summary of what they think:
10 Reasons to Buy
- The Lawn-Boy 17730 is lightweight and easy to assemble.
- The gas lawn mower comes with rear wheels which enables the mower to perform well on uneven terrain.
- It requires minimal maintenance.
- The 17730 model has a lightweight design, making it easy to maneuver on lawns.
- The rear wheels offer stability and balance to achieve optimal cutting results on lawns.
- It is equipped with a 21-inch steel mower deck for superior and excellent cut quality.
- The push mower can side discharge, mulch and bag via the 3-in-1 option.
- The Lawn-Boy 17730 runs on a powerful and efficient 149cc Kohler XT6 OHV engine to deliver a smooth mowing operation.
- It comes with a two-point height of cut adjustment for quick customization of your mowing height.
- The push lawn mower is inexpensive.
3 Reasons Not to Buy
- The front-wheel height adjustments might loosen up on bumpy areas.
- Not ideal for wet grass.
- Some users complained about the front wheels.
Lawn Boy 17730 Product Specifications
|Cutting width||21 inches|
|Features||Side Discharge, Mulching and Bagging|
|Maximum cutting height||3.75 inches|
|Minimum cutting height||1.25 inches|
|Additional Information||7-inch front and 11-inch rear wheels, Two-Point Height of Cut Feature, 21-inch steel cutting deck with tri-cutting system.|
Lawn-Boy 17730 Review: Deep Dive
The Lawn-Boy 17730 is equipped with 11-inch-high rear wheels for easy handling on rough and uneven terrain. Furthermore, the high wheels offer stability and balance to deliver optimal cutting results.
The 17730 has a lightweight design, making it easy to maneuver on lawns. It comes with an electric starter that works well.
The gas lawn mower runs on a 149cc Kohler XT6 OHV engine for smooth lawn mowing operation.. It delivers 6.5-in pounds of torque to withstand tough mowing tasks.
Ease of Use
The push lawn mower is easy to use and assemble. It has an easy height switching mechanism and quick-start feature for easy mowing operation. The operator-centric design offers user-friendly maintenance.
The blades are designed with tiny holes right behind the sharp edges that help to reduce the clumping of grass. The gas-powered mower is built to make cutting easier with better control.
The 17730 model has a 21-inch cutting deck for efficient mowing on lawns. It has six cutting heights which can be adjusted from 1.25-3.75 inches for excellent cut quality. The mower has enough capacity to mow through tall and dry grass with ease.
It has a 2-Point Height-of-Cut system that enables quick customization of your mowing height. Plus, the blade design enhances a smooth lawn mowing experience. The lawn mower is best suited for residential lawn maintenance.
The gas-powered mower supports a host of accessories such as a mulch plug, rear bagger kit for increased mower performance.
The push gas mower can side discharge, mulch or bag via the 3-in-1 option. The side discharge feature expels grass clippings away from the mower while the mulching feature re-cuts grass clippings into small pieces to restore nutrients such as nitrogen into the soil. The bagging capability collects grass clippings for easy cleanup.
Price and Warranty
The lawn mower is inexpensive. It is backed by a three-year Tru-Start commitment and a two-year full coverage warranty. It is important to note that this warranty does not cover regular maintenance parts such as air filters, spark plugs and fuel lubricants.
Also, it does not cover products that have been altered or neglected due to improper maintenance or accidents.
The Lawn-Boy 17730 has a rear and discharge guard to keep you safe from injuries while mowing .
Based on feedback from several users, the Lawn-Boy 17730 push mower is ideal for residential lawn maintenance. It is well-liked for its design, affordable price, minimal maintenance and solid cutting capabilities.
If you are looking for a sturdy push lawn mower that can offer a well-manicured lawn appearance, the Lawn Boy 17730 might be a good fit for you.
- Power source: Gas.
- Cutting width: 21 Inches.
- Cutting height: 6 positions, ranging from 1.25 inches to 3.75 inches.
- Capabilities: Mulching, Bagging, Side Discharging.
- Warranty: 2 years.
- Weight: 72.0 pounds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Lawn-Boy 17730 a 2-stroke or 4-stroke?
The push lawn mower comes with a 4-stroke engine.
What assembly is needed?
The Lawn-Boy 17730 does not need much assembly. You might need to tighten the top handle and front wheels with a screw.
Does it come with motor oil?
Yes, it comes with a bottle of motor oil.
Can it be used without the bagger?
Yes, you can use your mower without a bagger.
Do the wheels have bearings?
No, this model doesn’t have bearings.
- Check the engine oil after the first five hours.
- Check the engine oil level before use.
- Clean debris and grass clippings from under the mower after each use.
- Replace air cleaner for loose or damaged parts every hundred hours.
- To achieve remarkable cutting results, replace the blade annually.
- Replace spark plug every hundred hours.
- Clean the cooling system every hundred hours.
- Store the lawn mower in a cool, dry and clean place.