The John Deere Z345R is an efficient and versatile riding mower perfect for yards that are up to 1-2 acres. The John Deere Z345R riding mower can also trim around shrubs, trees and flower beds with ease.
It has side discharge, bagging and mulching capabilities for a healthy-looking and well-manicured lawn appearance.
We spent 9 hours digging through experts and real users’ John Deere Z345R reviews. Here is a summary of what they think:
9 Reasons to Buy
- The John Deere Z345R comes with an 18-inch medium back seat with armrests for comfort while mowing.
- It has a heavy-duty dual transmission with one-inch axles for increased durability and power.
- The gas-powered lawn mower runs on a 22 HP V-Twin John Deere Branded engine which offers more power and torque for superior mowing performance on lawns.
- The seat is spring assisted to absorb shocks while working on uneven terrain.
- It is equipped with two anti-scalp wheels to reduce the risk of lawn scalping.
- It comes with an hour meter to indicate when it is time to service the lawn mower.
- The dual transmissions are mounted on the bottom of the vehicle to ensure stability while mowing on slopes.
- The John Deere Z345R is easy to use.
- It has a cup holder for refreshments and to facilitate long mowing jobs.
3 Reasons Not to Buy
- Accessories such as mulch kit, sunshade and dual headlight kit are sold separately.
- The zero-turn mower is quite heavy.
- The mower’s parts are costly.
John Deere Z345R Product Specifications
|Cutting width||42 inches|
|Features||Side Discharge, Mulching and Bagging|
|Maximum cutting height||4 inches|
|Minimum cutting height||1 inch|
|Additional Information||Cup holder, hour meter, 22 HP V-Twin John Deere Branded Engine, cast-iron bushings, mulch kit sold separately.|
John Deere Z345R Review: Deep Dive
The John Deere Z345R comes with an 18-inch medium back seat with armrests for comfort and support while mowing. It has a cup holder for refreshments and to facilitate long work. Also, the storage compartment has side floor mats, premium control levers and a foot lift for top-notch mowing performance.
The heavy-duty dual transmission with 1-inch axles enhance power and increase durability and the cast iron bushings provide longer engine life. The mower wash port facilitates the cleaning of the underside of the cutting deck.
Its superior valves offer excellent mower performance while the hour meter indicates when to service the lawn equipment. The adjustable cutting wheels are positioned above the ground for smooth cuts on lawns.
The gas lawn mower runs on a 22HP V-twin John Deere Branded engine to provide more power and torque for superior mowing performance on lawns. The V-twin design reduces vibration and ensures better sound quality.
The dual transmissions are mounted on the bottom of the vehicle to ensure stability while mowing on slopes. It has a maximum forward speed of 7 mph and a reverse speed of 3.5 mph to enable you to cut the grass in a fast manner.
The Z345R model features a 42-inch cutting deck for excellent cut quality at higher cut speeds. The large outlet opening helps to reduce the risk of clogging especially when you are mowing on thick, wet, and dense grass.
It has 16 cutting positions that can be adjusted from 1-4 inches to enable you to cut the grass to the desired grass height. The mower works efficiently on flat terrains and it is best suited for yards that are up to one-two acres.
Ease of Use
The zero-turn mower is easy to reach and use. It can also mow around trees and landscaping features with ease. The engine features electronic ignition for a quick start. Homeowners can easily set up the operator’s seat.
Price and Warranty
For a zero-turn mower, the price of John Deere Z345R is reasonably priced. Plus, it comes with 2-year warranty service.
It supports a host of accessories such as mulch kit, sunshade, dual headlight kit, home maintenance kit to aid the versatility of the riding lawn mower.
The Z345R model can side discharge, mulch or bag via the 3-in-1 option. The side discharge option expels the grass clippings away from the mowing machine.
The mulching feature re-cuts grass clippings into small pieces to restore nutrients into the soil while the bagging option collects grass clippings for easy disposal.
If you are looking for a sturdy and durable zero-turn mower that can cover yards up to 1-2 acres, the John Deere Z345R might be a good fit considering its reasonable price, efficient mulching feature and reliable engine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you put a snowplow on the front?
No, the zero-turn mower is not compatible with the snowplow.
How much does a John Deere Z345R weigh?
The zero-turn mower weighs 500 lbs.
How much oil does a John Deere Z345R hold?
It holds an oil capacity of 6.5-bu (230-L).
Does John Deere make a good zero-turn mower?
Yes, John Deere is one of the best manufacturers of high quality zero-turn mowers. They have excellent ratings in terms of side discharging, handling, mulching and cutting evenness.
- Ensure that you tighten the nuts and bolts.
- Clean mower after use.
- Replace spark plugs annually or every 100 hours.
- For optimal cutting results, sharpen the mower blades.
- Check tire pressure annually or every 100 hours.
- Change engine oil every 50 hours.
- Lubricate mower deck spindles annually.
- Clean engine cooling fins annually or every 100 hours.
- Replace the fuel filter every 100 hours.