Husqvarna Z254 Review
The Husqvarna Z254 is a strong, durable and efficient zero-turn riding mower. It has enough capacity to carry out effective mowing regardless of tough weather conditions or terrain. The Z254 can cut grass of up to 2.8 acres of land per hour and it speeds up to 6.5 mph. The mower operates effectively on thick grass and can mulch, discharge or bag via the 3-in-1 option.
We spent 8.5 hours going through experts’ and real users’ Husqvarna Z254 reviews. Here is what majority of users and experts think:
12 Reasons to Buy
- The Husqvarna Z254 is one of the best commercial zero turn mowers, and is quite easy to operate. It comes with an automatic choke system that makes it easy to start.
- The gas-powered riding lawn mower comes with a three-year warranty.
- It provides the option to bag, mulch or discharge clippings for easy disposal.
- The frame of the Husqvarna Z254 riding lawn mower requires less maintenance.
- It is designed to work smoothly on rough and uneven terrain.
- It comes with an improved filtration system. This helps to increase the airflow and allows the mower to last longer.
- It has a reliable and efficient engine that offers improved mower performance.
- The Husqvarna Z254 zero-turn mower comes with a powerful motor that is designed for heavy use
- It has a large deck to cover large areas.
- It can maneuver well on lawns.
- The gas-powered lawn mower comes with an automatic brake parking system which adds an extra safety feature while using the lawn mower.
- The Husqvarna Z254 riding lawn mower comes with steering levers to prevent accidents. This is a missing piece for several lawn mowers.
3 Reasons NOT to Buy
- Some users consider it a bit pricey
- Some components such as headlights, mulch and bag kits are sold separately
- It consumes a lot of gas.
Husqvarna Z254 Product Specifications
|Features||Mulching, Bagging, Side Discharge Zero Turn Radius.|
|Cutting Width||54 inches|
|Maximum Cutting Height||4’’.|
|Minimum Cutting Height||1-1/2’’.|
|Additional Information||6.5 MPH Max Speed, Patent-Pending Park Brake System, Air Induction Mowing Technology, Mulch and Bag Kit sold separately.|
Husqvarna Z254 Review: Deep Dive
The Husqvarna Z254 has a bright orange body with a comfortable high back seat. It has one of the largest cutting decks. For many users, the mower’s cushioning is sufficient to safeguard their lower body while mowing.
The Husqvarna Z254 riding lawn mower outperforms other lawn mowers in its category because it has induction mowing technology. This feature improves the grass lift by giving your lawn a fine and smooth cut.
The riding lawn mower provides a high capacity of power output, with specs of a 26 HP Kohler engine, a 24 HP Briggs & Stratton engine, or a 21.5HP Kawasaki engine.
Many users prefer the 26HP Kohler engine because it performs well on wet grasses while some users prefer the 21.5HP Kawasaki engine because it is lighter and quieter.
The riding lawn mower has an average speed of 6.5 mph which allows you to mow your medium-sized yard in less than thirty minutes.
Another feature that makes the Z254 zero turn mower stand out from other mowers is its automatic choke system. It enables users to start the engine with less effort.
The mower outperforms other riding mowers because it operates incredibly well on thick varieties of grass and can also mulch, bag, or discharge using the 3-in-1 options.
The zero-turn lawn mower comes with a larger cutting deck which enhances the cut quality and grass lift. As initially stated, several experts reveal that the cutting performance of the riding lawn mower depends on the engine type. The 26 HP Kohler engine is preferable because it can handle more rough terrains than the other engine.
Many zero-turn mowers don’t cut well on uneven terrain but the Husqvarna Z254 riding lawn mower provides an amazing engine and blades that make it perform well on uneven and rough terrains.
Husqvarna Z254 Price and Warranty
The Husqvarna Z254 is a bit pricey but it is worth the amount considering its design, automatic choke system, and cutting power. Plus, it comes with a three-year warranty service.
Z254 zero-turn riding lawn mower supports a host of accessories. You can get an engine guard that will help to safeguard the motor and ensure top performance for years. The mulching kit enables easy clean-up.
The addition of LED lights is quite important because it will make mowing easy for you at night. Other accessories such as a triple bagger, and armrest kit deck belt increase the usability and performance of the riding lawn mower. It is important to note that most of these accessories are sold separately. This is one of the noticeable drawbacks of this commercial mowing machine.
Ease of use
The Husqvarna Z254 riding lawn mower is easy to operate. It does not require much expertise. While many lawn mowers require a string-pull system to start, its automatic choke system enables you to start the mower with ease. The hydrostatic transmission improves maneuverability and simplifies the handling of the zero-turn mower.
The Husqvarna Z254 comes with both the front and back wheels which are spread and positioned in a way that allows for a safer stand while mowing uphill. It comes with standard switches which protect you from coming in contact with the blades if you fall off.
The Husqvarna Z254 has a unique engine ventilation that ensures adequate airflow while in use. The big cooling fans will keep your engine running at a suitable temperature, extending the mower’s lifespan.
Although the Husqvarna Z254 zero-turn riding lawn mower is a bit pricey, it justifies its price tag with its unique design, ease of use, maneuverability, safety features, and efficient cutting power.
If you are looking for a high-performing riding lawn mower that can cover a vast area of land within a short time, the Husqvarna Z254 riding lawn mower might be a good choice.
Husqvarna Z254 Lawn Mower
- Mower Type: Riding
- Cutting Width: 54 inches
- Warranty: 3 years
- Maximum Cutting Height: 4’’.
- Minimum Cutting Height: 1-1/2’’.
- Power Source: GasWeight: 678lbs
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Husqvarna Z254 and Z254f?
The major difference between these two lawn mowers is the type of deck. The cutting deck on the Z254 is stamped while the cutting deck on the Z254F is fabricated. Another difference is the minor design differences in the type of seat. The Z254 has a regular seat while the Z254F has a high back seat.
Does the Husqvarna Z254 mower arrive fully assembled?
Yes. The mower arrives fully assembled in a well-secured carton.
Does it run well on uneven ground like low spots or gopher mounds?
Yes. Many users attest to the fact that the Z254 zero turn mower performs efficiently on uneven grounds as large as five acres.
How many blades does the mowing deck have?
Is it equipped with an automatic or manual choke?
It has an automatic choke.
Can the mower mulch?
Yes, but a separate mulching kit must be purchased for you to be able to mulch.
How much does it weigh?
What is the hourly land coverage limit with this mower?
It can cut grass of up to 2.8 acres of land per hour.
- Clean the lawn mower after use.
- Sharpen the Husqvarna Z254 blades to make mowing easier.
- Change the oil after every twenty-five hours of operation.
- Replace the paper air filter once per season or after three hundred hours of operation.
- Replace the spark plug every year or two.