The Husqvarna YTH24V48 is a durable and efficient riding mower suitable for medium and large-sized yards. Features such as high back seat, easy-to-reach levers and ergonomic steering wheel makes it easy and comfortable to operate. It can side discharge, mulch or bag via the 3-in-1 option.
We spent 9 hours digging through experts and real users’ Husqvarna YTH24V48 reviews. Here is a summary of what they think:
8 Reasons to Buy
- The Husqvarna YTH24V48 comes with headlights that ensure safe mowing operation in dark conditions.
- It has a high back seat for comfort while mowing.
- The air induction mowing technology improves grass lift and delivers superior cuts on lawns.
- The riding lawn mower has a Reverse Operating System (ROS) and safety seat switch for improved safety.
- The YTH24V48 comes with a 48-inch cutting deck for efficient mowing on medium and large-sized yards.
- Its cruise control enables your mower to maintain a consistent speed while mowing.
- The step-through feature ensures easy and comfortable mounting and dismounting.
- The Husqvarna YTH24V48 has anti-scalp wheels to reduce the risk of lawn scalping.
3 Reasons Not to Buy
- Not the best on slopes.
- It has an awkward height adjustment placement.
- The mower is quite bulky.
Husqvarna YTH24V48 Product Specifications
|Features||Mulching, bagging and side discharge|
|Cutting width||48 inches|
|Maximum cutting height||4 inches|
|Minimum cutting height||1.5 inches|
|Additional Information||Air Induction Mowing Technology, Chokeless Start, Cruise Control, Mulch & Bag Kit Sold Separately.|
Husqvarna YTH22V48 Review: Deep Dive
The Husqvarna YTH24V48 comes with a high back for comfort and support while mowing. The seat can also be supplemented with armrests. The hour meter with service minder simplifies routine maintenance tasks.
Its deck wash port can be connected with a water hose to clean the underside of the deck. The cup holder is used for refreshments while mowing.
The headlights enhance safe mowing operations in dark conditions. Its anti-scalp wheels decrease the risk of lawn scalping when mowing on an uneven surface.
The gas-powered mower runs on a 24 HP Briggs and Stratton V-twin engine for a powerful and smooth-running mowing operation. The engine features a mechanical compression release, advanced debris management system and full-pressure lubrication for reliable starting.
The pedal-operated hydrostatic transmission manages the speed and direction. This feature also ensures optimum driving control. It has a maximum forward speed of 5.5 mph and a maximum reverse speed of 2.5 mph.
The riding lawn mower comes with a 48-inch cutting deck which enables efficient grass-cutting performance on medium and large-sized yards. The air induction mowing technology improves grass lift and superior cuts on lawns.
It has cutting positions that can be adjusted from 1.5- 4.0 inches to suit your needs. For the best cutting performance, tall grass should be mowed twice. It is not advisable to mow on wet grass.
Ease of Use
The riding lawn mower has a compact size which makes it easy to maneuver on lawns. In addition, it requires less storage space. The mowing machine is easy to start thanks to its choke-less start feature.
It has an easy-access fuel cap which means that you do not need to open the engine hood for refueling. The step-through feature enhances easy and comfortable mounting and dismounting.
Husqvarna YTH22V48 Accessories
The YTH24V48 supports a host of accessories. The mulching kits re-cut grass clippings into tiny pieces to restore nutrients into the soil while the bag kits collect grass clippings for easy disposal
Other accessories include a tractor sunshade, seat cover, tractor cover, tire chains for increased mower performance. The drawback about the riding lawn mower is that the accessories are sold separately.
The reverse operating system (ROS) enhances improved safety while mowing. This feature works in such a way that it disengages the cutting blades when driving in reverse. The safety switch prevents personal injuries while mowing.
Price and warranty
For a riding lawn mower, the Husqvarna YTH24V48 is fairly priced. It comes with three-year warranty service. It is important to note that the warranty does not cover items that have been subjected to abuse or negligence.
The gas lawn mower is equipped with a cast-iron front axle that offers superior stability and balance. Its fender-mounted deck lever is spring assisted for comfortable and easy mowing. The cruise control enables your mower to maintain a consistent speed while mowing on rough terrain.
Based on feedback from several users, The Husqvarna YTH24V48 riding lawn mower is perfect for medium and large-sized yards.
If you are looking for a durable, efficient and versatile riding lawn mower that can provide a smooth and clean cut for your lawn, the Husqvarna YTH24V48 might be a good addition to your machine set.
- Mower Type: Riding
- Cutting width: 48 inches
- Maximum cutting height: 4.0 inches
- Warranty: 3 years
- Power source: Gas
- Weight: 840lbs
Frequently Asked Questions
Will this model accommodate a front-end scoop?
Yes, the riding mower accommodates a 36-inch front-end scoop attachment.
Is the battery underneath the seat or in the engine compartment?
It is located under the seat.
What is the tire size, front and rear?
The Husqvarna YTH24V48 is equipped with 15-inch front wheels and 20-inch rear wheels.
- Check brake operation before use.
- Replace spark plugs after every 100 hours of operation.
- Replace the fuel filter every season.
- Clean air filter after every 25 hours of operation.
- Ensure to check the engine oil level before each use.
- Check for loose fasteners before each use.
- Inspect muffler/ spark arrester after every 50 hours of operation.
- Check battery and terminals after every 25 hours of operation.
- Check tire pressure before each use.
- Clean the mower after use.