The Husqvarna YTH22V46 is a durable and efficient riding mower suitable for medium and large-sized yards. It operates efficiently on tall grass. It can side discharge, mulch or bag via the 3-in-1 option. The mower is ideal for professional and commercial uses.
We spent 9 hours digging through experts and real users’ Husqvarna YTH22V46 reviews. Here is a summary of what they think:
11 Reasons to Buy
- The Husqvarna YTH22V46 riding lawn mower runs on a 22 HP Briggs and Stratton engine which offers smooth and efficient mowing.
- The gas-powered mower has a cruise control feature that helps to maintain a constant speed while mowing on rough terrains.
- The Husqvarna YTH22V46 comes with a pedal-operated hydrostatic transmission which enhances optimal driving control while mowing.
- It comes with a three-year warranty service.
- It has a high-grade quality build-up.
- The riding lawn mower requires less space for storage.
- The Husqvarna YTH22V46 riding mower is equipped with an adjustable sliding seat to optimize user position.
- The gas-powered mower comes with anti-scalp wheels which decreases the risk of scalping when mowing on uneven terrain.
- The riding lawn mower can side discharge, mulch, bag via the 3-in-1 option.
- The Husqvarna YTH22V46 riding mower comes with a reverse operating system (ROS) to enhance improved safety.
- It has headlights which allow you to mow at night.
- The Husqvarna YTH22V46 riding lawn mower comes with a sizable cutting deck of 46 inches that ensures a nice and smooth cut on tall grass.
3 Reasons Not to Buy
- Some users noted that the deck is too low.
- The mower’s steering wheels get loose quickly. Hence, it is not super durable.
- Accessories such as bags and mulching kits are sold separately.
Husqvarna YTH22V46 Product Specifications
|Feature:||Mulching, bagging and side discharge|
|Cutting width:||46 inches|
|Maximum cutting height:||4 inches|
|Minimum cutting height:||1-1/2 inches.|
|Additional information:||Reverse operating system, Air induction technology, Adjustable seat, ergonomic steering wheel, cruise control, Mulch and Bag kit sold separately|
Husqvarna YTH22V46 Review
The Husqvarna YTH22V46 riding lawn mower has a high-grade quality build-up. It comes with an adjustable seat which offers comfortability while mowing.
The gas-powered lawn mower has an air induction mowing technology that improves airflow within the deck. This gives your lawn a nice grass lift and a superior cut.
It comes with a large deck of 46-inches which can cover large areas. It is also powder-coated for durability and corrosion resistance. The hour meter indicates when the engine requires service. It can also be called a service minder.
The gas-powered riding lawn mower has anti-scalp wheels which decreases the risk of scalping when mowing on an uneven surface. The Husqvarna YTH22V46 has an ergonomic steering wheel that is angled for a comfortable driving position.
The pedal-operated hydrostatic transmission provides optimal driving control. The steering wheel gets loose quickly, thus it isn’t durable, this is one of the downsides of the riding lawn mower.
The YTH22V46 gas mower runs on a 22 HP Intek V-twin Briggs and Stratton engine which offers smooth and efficient mowing. The engine is so easy to start. It enhances a mechanical compression release for reliable starting and long-term use. The mower’s engine also features an advanced debris management system.
The riding lawn mower comes with a 46-inch cutting deck which enables solid cutting operation on medium and large-sized yards.
Some users have attested to its cutting power. The Husqvarna YTH22V46 has efficient blades that perform incredibly well on any terrain. Its cutting options range from 1-1/2- 4.0 inches.
For the best cutting performance, grass that is 6-inch tall should be mowed twice. It is not advisable to mow on wet grass.
Ease of use
The Husqvarna YTH22V46 riding lawn mower has a compact size which makes it easy to maneuver on lawns. In addition, it requires less storage space. It is equipped with a blade engagement lever which is located on the dash for easy operation.
The deck wash port connects your water hose to the port for easy cleaning of the underside of your deck. It comes with headlights for operations in dark conditions. The inclusion of the socket wrench set enhances an easy assembly.
Husqvarna YTH22V46 Accessories
The riding lawn mower is supported by a host of accessories. These accessories offer versatility. It comes with mulching and bagging kits for improved mower performance.
Other accessories include sunshade, collector accessory and mower cover. The drawback of the YTH22V46 riding lawn mower is that the accessories are sold separately.
The Husqvarna YTH22V46 riding mower comes with a reverse operating system (ROS) for improved safety. This feature works in such a way that it disengages the cutting blades when driving in reverse. It has a safety switch which is under the seat. The engine automatically switches off when the driver leaves the seat.
Price and warranty
For a riding lawn mower, the Husqvarna YTH22V46 is fairly priced. It comes with a three-year warranty service. This warranty does not cover items that have been subjected to abuse or negligence.
The Husqvarna YTH22V46 comes with a cruise control feature that offers a smooth and comfortable mowing operation. In addition, the cast-iron front axle offers superior stability.
It has a cup holder for refreshment while mowing. The throttle/ choke control is used for starting and controlling the engine speed. Other features include a light switch, parking brake, ignition switch etc.
The Husqvarna YTH22V46 riding lawn mower is suited for medium and large-sized yards. It is popular for its high-power output, large cutting deck and innovative design.
If you are looking for a durable, efficient and versatile riding lawn mower for your medium and large yard, the Husqvarna YTH22V46 might be a good choice for you.
- Engine: 24 HP Kohler Twin Cylinder Engine
- Maximum Cutting Height: 3.75 inches
- Cutting Width: 50 inches
- Cutting Blades: 2
- Rear Wheel Size: 20 inches
- Front Wheel Size: 11 inches
- Warranty: 2 years
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does Husqvarna YTH22V46 come with a part list?
A: Yes, it comes with a part list
Q: Are there any pedals on the right side?
A: Yes. There is the forward and a reverse pedal.
Q: How much does it weigh?
A: The Husqvarna YTH22V46 weighs 590lbs.
Q: What is the hood made of?
A: The hood itself is aluminum but it is accented with plastic.
Q: How many horsepower is a Husqvarna YTH22V46?
A: The Husqvarna YTH22V46 has a 22-horsepower engine.
Q: Does this mower come complete with a battery and all the oils and fluids needed for assembly?
A: Yes, it does.
Q: How fast does a Husqvarna YTH22V46 go?
A: It has a ground speed (forward) of 5.2mph and ground speed (reverse) of 2.9mph.
- Check brake operation before use.
- Replace spark plugs after every 100 hours of operation.
- Replace the fuel filter every season.
- Clean air filter after every 25 hours of operation.
- Ensure to check the engine oil level before each use.
- Check for loose fasteners before storage.
- Inspect muffler/ spark arrester after every 50 hours of operation.
- Check battery and terminals after every 25 hours of operation.
- Check tire pressure before each use.
- For remarkable results, sharpen the mower blades.
- Clean the mower after use.