Husqvarna YTA24V48 Review
The Husqvarna YTA24V48 is a powerful and versatile riding lawn mower suitable for medium and large-sized yards. It can mow up to two acres of land. It can side discharge, mulch or bag through the tri- option cutting mechanism.
We spent 9 hours going through experts and real users’ Husqvarna YTA24V48 reviews. Here is what the majority of users and experts think:
10 Reasons to Buy
- The Husqvarna YTA24V48 riding lawn mower comes with a sizable cutting deck of 48 inches that ensures a nice and smooth cut on tall grass.
- The gas-powered riding mower comes with a hose attachment for easy cleaning of the deck.
- It has a tight 16-inch turning radius which enhances easy maneuvering in small spaces such as flowerbeds.
- The Husqvarna YTA24V48 comes with a reverse operating system (ROS) and safety switch to enhance improved safety.
- The YTA24V48 has a cruise control feature that helps to maintain a constant speed while mowing on rough terrains.
- It has headlights that enhance safe operation in dark conditions.
- The Husqvarna YTA24V48 riding lawn mower is easy to start thanks to its choke-less start.
- It can side discharge, mulch or bag via the 3-in-1 option.
- The gas-powered riding lawnmower comes with a 15-inch high back seat with armrests to provide greater comfort while mowing.
- The Husqvarna YTA24V48 is easy to maintain.
5 Reasons Not to Buy
- Subpar performance on hilly and sloppy terrains
- A couple of users complained that the snowblower does not have adequate traction to handle the frozen ground.
Husqvarna YTA24V48 Product Specifications
|Feature:||Mulching, Bagging, Side Discharge|
|Cutting width:||48 inches|
|Maximum cutting height:||4.0 inches|
|Minimum cutting height:||1.5 inches|
|Additional information:||Air Induction Mowing Technology, 13 Gauge Steel Deck. Fender Mounted Deck Lever, Choke less start, Mulch and Bag Kit Sold Separately.|
Husqvarna YTA24V48 Review
The Husqvarna YTA24V48 riding mower comes with a stamped cutting deck made of heavy flat-stock steel to enhance overall strength and durability.
It has a 15-inch-high back seat supplemented with armrests for greater comfort. The YTA24V48 comes with an air induction mowing system that enhances airflow which gives a greater grass lift. In addition, it enhances a superior cut while mowing.
The riding lawn mower is equipped with an hour meter coupled with a service minder which indicates when it’s time to service the mowing machine. It has anti-scalp wheels to decrease the risk of scalping lawns.
The Husqvarna YTA244V48 runs on a 24 HP Briggs & Stratton Intek V-twin engine which enhances an efficient and smooth operation.
The engine comes with extra features such as full-pressure lubrication, an advanced debris management system and mechanical compression to enhance a steady and reliable starting. It holds a gas tank of 3 gallons. It has a continuously variable transmission (CVT) which enhances a smoother ride.
The gas-powered riding lawn mower comes with a 48-inch cutting deck which enables efficient mowing on medium and large-sized yards. It functions well on flat and moderately-sloped terrains. In addition, it performs well on tall grass.
The YTA24V48’s cutting deck drives the three cutting blades to enhance a clean and even cut. It comes with a tight 16-inch turning radius for easy maneuvering around small spaces such as flowerbeds.
Some users complained about the mower’s loss of control and stability while climbing on excessive steep ground. This is one of the drawbacks of the riding mower.
Its cutting options which range from 1.5-4.0 inches can be adjusted through the attachment lift lever. This will enable you to cut your grass to the desired height.
If the grass is extremely tall, it should be mowed twice. Make the first cut relatively high while the second cut should be to your desired height
Ease of use
The Husqvarna YTA24V48 comes with a choke-less start which makes the mower easier to start. It has an easy-access fuel cap. You do not need to open the engine hood before you refuel.
The mower can be easily stored in your garage /shed. The riding lawn mower is easy to maintain. It has a spring-assisted deck lever for easy operation.
Husqvarna YTA24V48 Accessories
The gas-powered riding mower is supported by a host of accessories to provide efficiency and versatility. It comes with a mulch and bag kit to enhance the mower’s cutting performance.
The tire chains provide greater traction and a smoother ride. The seat cover offers heavy-duty and water-resistant protection with cushion quilting for extra comfort.
Other accessories include a mower cover, twin bag collector, sunshade and so on. The drawback about the riding lawn mower is that some accessories such as mulch kit and bag kit are sold separately.
The riding lawn mower is equipped with a safety switch which is situated under the seat. This feature is equipped to prevent injuries. The engine and deck automatically switch off when the driver leaves the seat.
It comes with a Reverse Operating System which enhances improved safety. This feature stops the cutting blades when the operator moves backward. The Husqvarna YTA24V48 riding lawn mower is equipped with headlights to ensure safe operation in dark conditions.
Husqvarna YTA24V48 Price and Warranty
The riding mower is reasonably priced. It is backed by a three-year limited warranty, a five-year warranty for the frame and front axle and a ten-year cutting deck consumer warranty. It is important to note that engines, transmission and other certain components (expendable parts and emissions control components) are excluded from this warranty.
The gas-powered riding mower comes with a heavy cast front axle which enhances the mower’s stability and balance. Its pivoting action enables a smooth operation on rough terrains.
The cruise control feature allows the riding mower to maintain a constant speed in even and uneven terrain. It has a cup holder for refreshments while mowing. Other features include freewheel control, light switch, parking brake etc.
The Husqvarna YTA24V48 performs well on medium and large-sized yards. It combines its safety features, high-power output and cutting power to deliver a smooth and nice cut.
If you are looking for a durable and efficient riding mower for your medium and large-sized yard, the Husqvarna YTA24V48 might be a good fit for you.
- Engine: 24 HP Kohler Twin Cylinder Engine
- Maximum Cutting Height: 3.75 inches
- Cutting Width: 50 inches
- Cutting Blades: 2
- Rear Wheel Size: 20 inches
- Front Wheel Size: 11 inches
- Warranty: 2 years
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can the Husqvarna YTA24V48 mower attach an earth tiller and other accessories?
A: Yes, the gas-powered riding mower can attach several front and rear-mounted accessories.
Q: Does this mower have a cup holder?
A: Yes, it comes with a cup holder. It is located on the right-hand side of the driver’s seat which is used for refreshment while mowing.
Q: Can the Husqvarna YTA24V48 mower pick up grass clippings?
A: Yes, you will need to get a bagger to be able to do so.
Q: Can the YTA24V48 mow a 2-acre lawn?
A: Yes, the Husqvarna YTA24V48 riding lawn mower can mow a 2-acre lawn.
Q: Is this an electric mower?
A: No, it is gas-powered.
Q: How many cutting blades does the Husqvarna YTA24V48 have?
A: The Husqvarna YTA24V48 comes with three cutting blades.
- Check the mower’s brake operation before each operation.
- Check tire pressure before each use.
- Check V-belts after every 100 hours of operation.
- Replace spark plug after every 100 hours of operation.
- Replace the fuel filter every season.
- You should always check for loose fasteners before operation.
- Always sharpen mower blades to achieve the best cutting results.
- Inspect muffler after every 50 hours of operation.
- Clean the mower after use.