The Husqvarna LC221RH is a versatile self-propelled mower perfect for medium and large-sized yards. It performs well on long grass and can discharge, mulch or bag via the 3-in-1 option.
We spent 8.5 hours reading through experts and real users’ Husqvarna LC221RH reviews. Here is a summary of what they think:
8 Reasons to Buy
- The Husqvarna LC221RH top rated self propelled mower comes with an 8-inch front and 11-inch rear wheels for easy maneuverability on lawns.
- The ergonomic over-molded handle ensures maximum comfort and reduces operator fatigue
- The self-propelled mower is easy to use and assemble.
- Its mower deck washout port can be attached with a garden hose to facilitate the cleaning of the cutting deck.
- It runs on an efficient and reliable Honda GCV160 Series 4-cycle engine for a powerful mowing operation.
- The PremierCut Technology produces extra-fine mulching and tight trimming along edges.
- The gas-powered mower is equipped with a 21-inch cutting deck for superb grass-cutting performance on medium and large-sized yards.
- Its special hand controls offer improved safety while mowing on lawns.
2 Reasons Not to Buy
- It has a flimsy drive control.
- The height adjustment levers could be more rigid.
Husqvarna LC221RH Product Specifications
|Cutting width||21 inches|
|Features||Rear discharge, mulching, bagging|
|Maximum cutting height||4 inches|
|Minimum cutting height||1 inch|
|Additional Information||8-inch front and 11-inch rear wheels, ergonomic over-molded handle, Mulch kit and Rear bagger.|
Husqvarna LC221RH Review: Deep Dive
The Husqvarna LC221RH has 11-inch high, rear ball-bearing wheels for smooth and easy maneuverability on lawns.
Its handle can be folded for easy storage and transportation. In addition, it provides maximum comfort and reduces operator fatigue while mowing. The rear-wheel-drive feature provides optimum traction on wet grass or hills.
The mower deck washout port can be attached with a garden hose to facilitate the cleaning of the cutting deck.
The self-propelled mower runs on a reliable and efficient Honda GCV160 Series 4-Cycle engine for powerful mowing operation.
The engine also delivers an easy starting with 6.9 lb/ft gross torque. This makes it suitable for mid to heavy-duty applications. The self-propelled mower has a maximum forward speed of 3 mph.
The LC221RH model provides an almost noise-free service. It produces only 89Db, making it reasonably quieter than several mowers in its category.
The gas-powered mower is equipped with a 21-inch cutting deck for superb grass-cutting performance on medium and large-sized yards.
Its expansive deck is wide enough to mow long grass. It is also sturdy enough to cut shrubs with ease. The PremierCut Technology produces extra-fine mulching and tight trimming along edges.
The mower has nine cutting positions which can be adjusted from 1-4 inches to enable you to cut the grass to the desired grass height. It operates efficiently on uneven ground and other tough mowing conditions. The yard tool has a blade speed of 188MPH to showcase its powerful cutting ability.
Ease of Use
The self-propelled mower is easy to use and assemble. It features an AutoWalk Drive System that enables users to mow at their own pace with ease. You can adjust the walking speed by squeezing trigger handles.
Price and Warranty
For a self-propelled mower, The LCC21RH model is reasonably priced. It comes with a 3-year warranty service. It is important to note that the warranty does not cover items that have been subjected to negligence or operator abuse.
Husqvarna LCC21RH Accessories
The lawn mower supports a host of accessories. The mulching kit recycles the lawn clippings as you mow, spreading them back onto the yard with each pass while the rear bagger collects grass clippings for easy cleanup.
Other accessories include a lawn mower cover, Honda 8 Ounce Fuel Stabilizer, Spreader, lawn roller for an increased mower performance. One of the flaws of this mower is that some accessories are sold separately.
The gas mower can rear discharge, mulch and bag via the 3-in-1 option. This will ensure a well-manicured lawn.
It comes with special hand controls for improved safety while mowing in your yard.
Based on feedback from several users, the Husqvarna LC221RH works well on medium and large-sized yards.
It is equipped with innovative design, solid cutting capability, high power output to deliver a neat and well-cut lawn. This lawn equipment will also give you an outstanding value for your money.
If you are looking for a durable and sturdy self-propelled lawn mower for your yard, the Husqvarna LC221RH might be a good investment for you.
- Power source: Gas.
- Cutting width: 21 Inches.
- Cutting height: 6 positions, ranging from 1.25 inches to 3.75 inches.
- Capabilities: Mulching, Bagging, Side Discharging.
- Warranty: 2 years.
- Weight: 72.0 pounds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this mower rear-wheel drive or front-wheel drive?
The Husqvarna LC221RH is a rear-wheel-drive mower.
Does model LC221RH have a Honda engine?
Yes, it runs on a powerful and efficient Honda GCV160 Series 4-cycle engine.
Does this machine have a key start or push-button start?
No, it does not have a key start or push button.
Does this mower have a mower blade clutch system?
No, the Husqvarna LC221RH does not have an independent blade clutch system.
Is the handle height adjustable?
Yes, the handle height can be adjusted for a comfortable operating position.
- Tighten bolts and nuts before use.
- Clean the mower after use.
- Replace the spark plug at least once a year.
- Check drive belt/pulleys every 25 hours.
- Check tires before use.
- Check drive wheels before use.
- Ensure that you check the filter every twenty-five hours. Replace if necessary.
- Check the blade for wear.