The Husqvarna L221A is a versatile and efficient walk-behind self-propelled mower suitable for small to medium-sized lawns. It Performs well on thick grass. It can discharge, mulch or bag via the 3-in-1 option.
We spent 9 hours digging through experts and real users’ Husqvarna L221A reviews. Here is what the majority of users and experts think:
10 Reasons to Buy
- The Husqvarna L221A walk-behind self-propelled mower comes with an all-wheel-drive system to enhance easy maneuverability on even and uneven terrains.
- It is equipped with a hose connector to facilitate the cleaning of the deck.
- The Husqvarna L221A lawn mower comes with three-year warranty service.
- The gas-powered lawn mower is easy to operate.
- It runs on a versatile and powerful engine to enhance optimal mower performance.
- It comes with engineered tire treads that offer superior traction.
- The Husqvarna L221A walk-behind mower performs incredibly well on thick grass.
- It is easy to start, thanks to the mower’s auto choke system.
- The walk-behind self-propelled lawn mower comes with a 3-in 1 option that offers rear discharge, mulching and bagging capabilities.
- The L221A is durable and easy to maintain.
5 Reasons Not to Buy
- Many users complained that the mower is difficult to navigate around regular obstacles such as trees, flowerbeds and lumps.
- Some users complained that grass gets clogged in the front wheel under its plastic cover.
- Stiff handlebar.
- It is not suited for large lawns.
- It is a bit pricey.
Husqvarna L221A Product Specifications
|Feature:||Mulching, bagging, rear discharge|
|Cutting width:||21 inches|
|Maximum cutting height:||4 inches|
|Minimum cutting height:||1 inches.|
|Additional information:||All-Wheel-Drive (AWD), Honda GCV160 Series Engine, Water Hose Connection, Auto choke system.|
Husqvarna L221A Review
The Husqvarna L221A has an orange body and a high-grade quality build-up. It comes with an all-wheel-drive system which automatically ensures better traction while mowing on even and uneven terrains.
The L221A provides a smoother mowing experience than several self-propelled lawn mowers in its category. This prevents turf damage.
The Husqvarna L221A has a soft-grip handle for comfort while mowing. This will reduce fatigue. The water hose connection facilitates the cleaning of the deck. It has an adjustable handle that is vertically adjustable to fit the user.
The 21-inch cutting deck is designed with 15-gauge steel for durability and efficiency. The hand controls do not have padding built around it, this is one of the flaws of the gas-powered lawn mower.
The walk-behind self-propelled mower runs on a powerful Honda GCV160 Series engine which is easy to start. It has a fuel tank volume of 0.25 gallons. It has a low-level noise emission.
Ease of use
The Husqvarna L221A comes with an auto choke system which enhances an easier start than several similar lawn mowers. The vertical handle is designed for easy storage. The lawn mower is easy to assemble. No expert help is needed for setting it up.
The Husqvarna L221A gas mower has a 21-inch cutting deck that drives the blade to ensure a smooth and nice cut. The deck is a perfect size for small to medium-sized lawns.
The cutting heights can be adjusted to nine different positions with a range of 1-4 inches which can be adjusted through the adjustment lever. This will allow you to cut the grass to an ideal size/height.
It is advisable not to mow more than one-third of your grass. On the downsides, the Husqvarna L221A mower is difficult to navigate around regular obstacles such as trees, flowerbeds and lumps.
The Husqvarna L221A has a rear deflector which minimizes the possibility that objects will be thrown out of the mower. The grass catcher clears grass clippings and debris while mowing. The 8-inch front and rear wheels enhance a smooth and easy ride while mowing Other additional features such as muffler, engine brake handle, starter handle enhance the mower performance.
Price and warranty
For a walk-behind self-propelled mower, the Husqvarna L221A is a bit pricey but it justifies its price tag because of its unique design, powerful engine as well as its cutting power. It comes with a three-year warranty service.
This warranty does not cover items that have been subjected to abuse or negligence. In addition, it does not cover items such as normal wear and tear components, new emission control parts and damage(s) caused by the use of non-compatible parts.
The gas-powered lawn mower comes with a 3-in-1 option. You can decide to discharge grass clippings to the rear. The mulching feature will restore nitrogen to the soil while the large bagger will bag clippings for easy cleanup.
This tri-option cutting mechanism will give you a wide range of cutting options to achieve remarkable results. This feature will enhance a healthy and nice-looking lawn.
Based on feedback from several users, the Husqvarna L221A is a suitable match for small and medium-sized lawns. It combines its innovative design, solid cutting performance, powerful engine and ease of use options to ensure a clean and nicely-cut lawn.
If you are looking for a versatile and efficient lawn mower that can cover small to medium-sized lawns, the Husqvarna L221A might be worth giving a shot.
- Power source: Gas.
- Cutting width: 21 Inches.
- Cutting height: 6 positions, ranging from 1.25 inches to 3.75 inches.
- Capabilities: Mulching, Bagging, Side Discharging.
- Warranty: 2 years.
- Weight: 72.0 pounds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does the Husqvarna L221A mower have twin blades?
A: Nope. The mower has a single blade assembly.
Q: Does this model have a Honda engine?
A: Yes, it has a powerful Honda GCV160 Series engine.
Q: Is this mower a pull start or push button?
A: It comes with a pull start button.
Q: Does the Husqvarna L221A mulch?
A: Yes, this mower has a mulching capability.
Q: Does the mower have a side discharge?
A: No, the mower does not have a side discharge.
Q: Does the mower come with a bag?
A: Yes, it comes with a bag.
Q: How much does a Husqvarna L221A take?
A: The Husqvarna L221A has an oil capacity of 16 ounces.
Q: Does the Husqvarna L221A’s self-propel have variable speed?
A: No, it does not have a variable speed.
Q: Can I keep the mower running without my hands on the handle?
A: No, it will shut off without your hands on the lever.
- Check and inspect the grass catcher before and after use.
- Check tires before use.
- Always replace the spark plug after every 100 hours of use.
- You should always change engine oil after every 25 hours of operation.
- Ensure that the nuts and bolts are well-tightened before use.
- Clean the mower after use.
- Check the drive belts/pulleys after every 25 hours of operation.
- Replace corroded muffler to prevent fire hazards or possible injuries.
- Replace the air filter every season.
- Replace cracked or damaged cutters when necessary.