The Husqvarna HU800AWDH is a versatile and durable self-propelled lawn mower suitable for small and medium-sized yards. It operates efficiently on tall and tough grass. It can side discharge, mulch or bag via the 3-in-1 option.
We spent 9 hours digging through experts and real users’ Husqvarna HU800AWDH reviews. Here is a summary of what they think:
9 Reasons to Buy
- The Husqvarna HU800AWDH self-propelled lawn mower is equipped with an all-wheel-drive system that enhances improved maneuverability on any terrain.
- The gas-powered lawn mower is backed by a three-year warranty service.
- It has a high-quality build-up and requires minimal maintenance.
- It is easy to assemble. You don’t need to hire an expert to assist you in setting it up.
- The Husqvarna HU800AWDH lawn mower comes with an efficient and versatile engine that enhances efficient mowing.
- It has a hose attachment for easy cleaning of the mower deck.
- The self-propelled lawn mower comes with a 3-in 1 option which offers side discharge, mulching and bagging capabilities.
- It comes with a foldable handle design which enhances easy and compact storage.
- It has an auto choke system which makes it easier to start.
2 Reasons Not to Buy
- Some users complained about its blade adapter that it can loosen the blade bolt while mowing.
- It is a bit pricey.
Husqvarna HU800AWDH Product Specifications
|Feature:||Mulching, Bagging, Side Discharge|
|Cutting width:||22 inches|
|Maximum cutting height:||4.25 inches|
|Minimum cutting height:||1 inch|
|Additional information:||Honda GCV190 190CC 4 Cycle Engine, 4 X 4 All Wheel Drive (AWD), BioClip Mulching, 8-Inch Front Ball Bearing wheels, 3000rpm.|
Husqvarna HU800AWDH Review: Deep Dive
The Husqvarna HU800AWDH has an orange body and a solid build-up. It comes with a 4 X 4 all-wheel-drive which provides improved maneuverability on any type of grass or terrain. The wheels enhance traction on wet and slippery surfaces without tearing the turf.
The HU800AWDH’s 22-inch cutting deck can power through tall and thick grasses.
It has a water hose for easy deck cleaning. The gas-powered lawn mower has a foldable handle design which allows it to fit into your shed or garage space for convenient storage. The dust blocking collector reduces debris caused by bagging.
The handle is padded with a soft grip to enhance comfortability. It has double ball bearings on wheels which offer smooth rolling and handling while mowing.
Some users complained that the blade bolts loosen due to the design of the blade adapter. This is one of the drawbacks of the self-propelled lawn mower.
The gas-powered self-propelled lawn mower runs on a powerful Honda GCV engine that enhances efficient and smooth mower performance. It delivers a powerful drive of 3000 rpm at 3.4 kilowatts per hour. The variable speed will enable you to adjust your own pace based on the conditions of your lawn.
TheHusqvarna HU800AWDH mower has a 22-inch deck that drives the blade to ensure a smooth and top-notch cut. Its cutting options can be adjusted from 1.0- 4.25 inches. This will enable you to cut your grass to an ideal height.
It can cut through tall and tough grass and operates incredibly well on hilly, bumpy and sloppy terrain. Some users observed that the lawn mower can cut up to one acre.
Ease of use
The Husqvarna HU800AWDH self-propelled lawn mower is easy to operate. The all-wheel-drive propelled feature makes it easy for you to mow on even and uneven terrains. It is also easy to assemble. You don’t need much expertise to set it up.
You just need to fix the handles, add oil and gas and you are ready to go. The mower is built with a hose attachment for easy cleaning of the deck.
Husqvarna HU800AWDH Price and Warranty
The gas-powered lawn mower is a bit pricey but it justifies its price tag with its special features. It comes with a three-year warranty service. Specific components such as engines, transmissions, normal wear parts are excluded from this warranty.
The Husqvarna HU800AWDH self-propelled lawn mower comes with a 3-in-1 option. You can decide to discharge grass clippings in neat rows on your lawn. The mulching feature will restore nitrogen to the soil while the bagger will bag clippings for easy cleanup.
This tri-option cutting mechanism will give you a wide range of cutting modes to achieve optimal results. In addition, the gas-powered mower is equipped with a side bumper that functions as a grass rake. This feature will enhance a healthy and neat lawn.
The dual trigger drive control provides a convenient variable speed control. The operator presence control bar is attached to the handle to enhance the process of starting or stopping the engine.
The self-propelled mowing machine comes with a grass catcher. It helps to clear grass clippings and debris while mowing. In addition, the Husqvarna HU800AWDH mower is equipped with an auto choke system which enhances an easier start.
Apart from a few drawbacks, the Husqvarna HU800AWDH is a durable lawn mower with a unique design, powerful engine and special features.
If you are looking for a versatile and efficient lawn mower that can cover your small or medium-sized yard, the Husqvarna HU800AWDH might be a good addition to your machine set.
- Power source: Gas.
- Cutting width: 21 Inches.
- Cutting height: 6 positions, ranging from 1.25 inches to 3.75 inches.
- Capabilities: Mulching, Bagging, Side Discharging.
- Warranty: 2 years.
- Weight: 72.0 pounds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does the mower have a deck hose fitting?
A: Yes, the Husqvarna HU800AWDH lawn mower comes with a hose attachment to enhance easy cleaning of the deck.
Q: Can this mower be used in concrete pick-up leaves?
A: Yes, it can be used but ensure that you make use of a bagger.
Q: Does the mower have a blade brake?
A: The HU800AWDH mower does not come with a blade brake. To ensure safety, release the operator presence control so that the engine will be shut off.
Q: Is a mulching blade included?
A: Yes, it comes with a mulching blade.
Q: Does the HU800AWDH mower arrive fully assembled?
A: You just need to only attach the handles, then add gas and oil and the mower is ready for work.
Q: What does the mower weigh?
A: The HU800AWDH mower weighs 105lbs.
Q: How do you adjust the drive control?
A: You can easily adjust it on your control cable.
Q: Can the mower’s wheel spin freely without the self-propelled mode?
A: The mower can spin freely but it requires that you push it.
Q: Does the mower have a throttle control?
A: No. The Husqvarna HU800AWDH lawn mower uses a handlebar trigger to control its speed.
- Check for loose fasteners before each use and storage.
- Sharpen blades after every 25 hours of operation or every season.
- Check tires before each use.
- Clean and inspect the grass catcher before and after use.
- Replace spark plug after every 100 hours of operation or every season.
- Replace corroded muffler to prevent fire hazards or any further damage.
- Inspect muffler after every 25 hours of operation.
- To keep your mower in its best condition, clean it after each use.