Husqvarna 7021P Review
The Husqvarna 7021P is a strong, durable and efficient push lawn mower suitable for small or medium-sized lawns. It performs well on thick grass and can mulch, discharge or bag via the 3-in-1 option.
We spent 9 hours going through experts and real users’ Husqvarna 7021P reviews. Here is what the majority of users and experts think:
11 Reasons to Buy
- The Husqvarna 7021P lawn mower has a powerful engine that provides high power output for effective and efficient mowing.
- The Husqvarna 7021P push lawn mower comes with a two-year warranty service.
- The push mower has a 3-in-1 option which provides side discharge, mulching and bagging capabilities.
- It is budget-friendly compared to several lawn mowers in its category.
- It is easy to start, it comes with an auto choke system.
- The push lawn mower is easy to assemble. You can get it up and running without any expert help.
- The Husqvarna 7021P comes with a height adjustment feature that enables you to cut your grass to an ideal size.
- It is lightweight which makes mowing a lot easier.
- It has a high-grade quality build-up.
- The gas-powered push lawn mower performs well on tough varieties of grass such as Bermuda and St. Augustine grass.
- The lawn mower’s wheels enhance smooth maneuverability on even and uneven terrains.
4 Reasons NOT to buy
- Some users complained that the push lawn mower does not cut very tall grass.
- The bolts that connect the mower deck and handle are loose. This can cause the handle to pop off the deck easily.
- Not ideal for large yards.
- The gas-powered lawn mower does not have a roller. Thus, it cannot produce lawn stripes.
Husqvarna 7021P Product Specifications
|Feature:||Mulching, Bagging, Side Discharge|
|Cutting width:||21 Inch|
|Maximum cutting height:||3.5 inches|
|Minimum cutting height:||1.5 inches|
|Additional information:||Honda GCV 160 Engine 3-in-1 cutting system, 8-inch front wheels, 12-inch rear wheels, foldable handle, auto-choke system, 4-point cutting height system, 6.9lb per ft Gross Torque, 160cc cylinder displacement.|
Husqvarna 7021P Review: Deep Dive
The Husqvarna 7021P has an orange body and a high-quality build-up. It comes with handle folds which makes it easy to maneuver in tight spaces such as trees and flowerbeds. It has a cutting deck of 21 inches which offers efficient mowing.
The gas-powered lawn mower is equipped with a double ball-bearing on wheels which ensures smooth operation while mowing. It has a soft-grip handle for comfort while mowing.
The 12-inch-high rear wheels increase maneuverability on even and uneven terrains. One of the drawbacks of the lawn mower is its inability to have a roller. This means that your mower might not produce lawn stripes.
Its cutting blade is made with steel, which means that it will be able to cut tough grass like Bermuda or St. Augustine grass.
The push lawn mower runs on a unique 160cc GCV engine that enhances efficient mowing. The engine provides 4 horsepower to the cutting deck. This gives the mower sufficient power to cut through tough and dense patches of grass without losing its speed or performance.
Some users observed that the engine runs smoothly and provides a low-level noise emission. The engine has a compact combustion chamber to reduce fuel consumption.
In addition, the gas-powered push lawn mower has a large tank that can hold up to a quarter of a gallon of gas, enough to mow your small or medium-sized lawn.
Ease of use
The Husqvarna 7021P is easy to start thanks to an auto-choke system. There is no need to prime the engine before you pull the ignition cord. In addition, it is lightweight, making it easy to maneuver on the lawn.
It is easy to assemble. You do not need an expert to assist you in setting it up. You just need to add the oil, fuel it with gas, extend the handle and tighten the bolts, screws, nuts and pins.
The Husqvarna 7021P push lawn mower is equipped with large and sturdy ball-bearing wheels to ensure stability while mowing on even and uneven terrain. This will make mowing easier. It has a foldable handle for easy and compact storage.
The Husqvarna 7021P runs on a 160cc GCV engine which can drive the blade under a 21-inch cutting deck. The size of the cutting deck is suitable for small and medium-sized lawns. It has a cutting height of 1.5-3.5 inches to give your lawn a smooth and nice cut. Each wheel is connected to a lever to ensure an even cut.
The gas-powered push lawn mower can only cover up to 1/3 acres of land. For an optimal cutting performance, lower the wheels to have a low cut. If you want to get an even cut, you can lower both rear and front wheels evenly. Don’t cut your grass shorter than one-third of its initial height. This can lead to scalping.
The Husqvarna 7021P has a solid cutting power to cut tough grass. One of the drawbacks of this lawn mower is its unsuitability on large and wet lawns. It is, therefore, advisable to mow on dry grass.
The Husqvarna 7021P mower comes in a 3-in-1 option. You can choose to discharge clippings in neat rows on your lawn. The mulching feature will restore nitrogen and other vital nutrients to the soil.
This will save you the stress of getting fertilizers while the rear bags collect bag clippings for easy disposal. It comes with an auto choke system which enhances an easier start than several lawn mowers in its category.
Husqvarna 7021P Price and Warranty
For a push lawn mower, the Husqvarna 7021P is reasonably priced. It comes with a two-year warranty. It is important to note that certain components such as belts, spark plugs are not covered by warranty. Also important to note that the warranty does not cover items that have been affected due to the operator’s negligence or abuse.
The Husqvarna 7021P mower has a bailout lever as a safety feature that prevents you from facing hazards while mowing. Once you release the bailout lever, the cutting mechanism will be stopped almost immediately.
The Husqvarna 7021P comes with a mulch door which allows for the conversion to discharge or bagging operation. The operator presence control bar is attached to the handle to enhance the process of starting or stopping the engine.
In addition, the grass catcher serves as an attachment to the mower. It helps to clear grass clippings and debris while mowing. Other features such as fuel valve lever and muffler enhance the mower’s performance.
If you are looking for a high-performing push lawn mower that can cover your small or medium-sized lawn, the Husqvarna 7021P might be a good choice considering its innovative design, high-power output, solid cutting power and ease of use.
- Power source: Gas.
- Cutting width: 21 Inches.
- Cutting height: 6 positions, ranging from 1.25 inches to 3.75 inches.
- Capabilities: Mulching, Bagging, Side Discharging.
- Warranty: 2 years.
- Weight: 72.0 pounds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there an underneath oil drain plug for changing the oil?
No, it does not have an underneath oil drain plug.
What oil types should be used for the Husqvarna 7021P lawn mower?
You can use SAE 30 for temperatures that are above 32 degrees Fahrenheit. For below freezing, you can use SAE 10W-30.
Are the rear wheels bigger than the front wheels?
Yes, the rear wheels are bigger than the front wheels. The lawn mower comes with 12-inch rear wheels.
Does lowering the front wheels cause the grass to cut lower?
Yes, the more you lower the wheels, the shorter the grass will be cut.
Is the Husqvarna 7021P self-propelled?
No, it is a push mower.
Does the Husqvarna 7021P require any fuel additives or just plain gas?
Plain gas is the best requirement for Husqvarna 7012P. Though, a non-ethanol fuel can also extend the engine’s life span.
How do you get to the belt to tighten it?
This model has no belt
Does the chute clog when bagging tall grass?
It only clogs when you don’t empty the bag.
How many wheel settings?
It has five settings.
How much does it weigh?
The Husqvarna 7021P push lawn mower weighs 66lbs.
- For optimal results, sharpen the blade.
- Replace spark plug after every hundred hours of operation or at the beginning of each mowing season.
- Ensure that you clean the underside of the mower deck after every mowing operation.
- Replace the air filter every season.
- Check tires before each use.
- Ensure that all nuts, bolts, pins and screws are fastened.
- Always change the oil after every 25 hours of operation.
- Inspect moving parts for damage, wear and breakage. Replace if necessary.
- Check engine oil level before use.