Greenworks RM1400 Review
We spent 9 hours going through experts’ and real users’ Greenworks RM1400 reviews. Here is what the majority of users and experts think:
8 Reasons to Buy
- The Greenworks RM1400 reel mower comes with T-shaped handlebars which enhances comfort while mowing.
- It provides mulching and bagging capabilities.
- The reel lawn mower comes with a 14-inch cutting deck which guarantees a precise and scissor-like cut.
- It has five blades which provide excellent cutting performance.
- The Greenworks RM1400 has a sturdy and solid construction.
- It requires minimal maintenance
- The reel lawn mower is budget-friendly and easy to use
- The wheels enable easy and smooth maneuverability.
3 Reasons NOT to Buy
- It is not ideal for large lawns
- The path of the mower blades does not extend to the side beyond the wheels. Thus, it misses grass at its sides.
- Some users complained that the cutting height of the blades is too low.
Greenworks RM1400 Product Specifications
|Features||Mulching and bagging|
|Cutting Width||14 inches|
|Maximum cutting height||2 inches|
|Minimum cutting height||1.06 inches|
|Additional information||14-inch cutting deck, 5-blade ball bearing steel reel, T-shaped handlebars|
Greenworks RM1400 Review: Deep Dive
The Greenworks RM1400 has a green body and a high-grade quality build-up. It comes with a 14-inch cutting deck which enhances a neat and smooth cut on small yards. The T-shaped handlebars enhance comfort while mowing.
The 5-blade ball bearing system enhances easy navigation while mowing on small and medium-sized lawns. In addition, the mower is equipped with large wheels which make mowing easier.
The reel lawn mower does not have a power source to make the blades spin. You have to push it.
You can mow at any time without disturbing other people. A noticeable drawback of the reel mower is that it takes more effort to push than gas or electric-powered lawn mowers.
Due to the size of the cutting deck, the mower is suitable for small yards. It is equipped with five blades that offer effective mowing. Its height adjustment lever makes you cut between 1.06-2.0 inches for a nice and smooth cut. Another major drawback of the Greenworks RM1400 is its unsuitability on large and wet lawns.
Ease of use
The push reel mower is easy to assemble. You don’t need to hire a professional to help you with its assembly. It has a 5-blade ball bearing system which enables the wheels to move smoothly. Its lightweight design enhances easy and smooth maneuverability. Plus, it is easy to operate and maintain and store.
The Greenworks RM1400 comes with a 2-1 option. The mulching feature restores nutrients to the soil.
It has a bagger which keeps your lawn free from grass clippings for easy cleanup. One of the noticeable downsides of the Greenworks RM1400 is the non-inclusion of a side discharge option.
Price and Warranty
The Greenworks RM1400 is fairly priced and comes with a four-year warranty service.
Apart from a few downsides, the Greenworks RM1400 is a solid reel mower with a unique design, fair price and special features.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly and effective reel lawn mower that can cover your small yard, the Greenworks RM1400 might be a good fit for you.
Greenworks RM1400 Lawn Mower
- Mower Type: Push
- Cutting Width: 14 inches
- Maximum cutting height: 2 inches
- Warranty: 4 years
- Power Source: Manual
- Weight: 24 pounds
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the handle adjustable?
No, it is not adjustable
Is the mower self-propelled?
No, it is a push lawn mower
Does the RM1400 include a grass catcher?
Yes, it comes with a grass bag?
How do you remove the mulch plug?
The mulching plug is located in the rear slot. You can easily take it out from there,
Does the mower have a side opening if you don’t want to use the bag?
The mower does not have a side discharge option.
- Lubricate the ball bearings with a lubricant spray
- For remarkable results, sharpen the blades
- Clean the mower after use.
- Tighten loose nuts and bolts.
- Store the mower in a dry and clean location.