If you are looking for a noiseless, affordable, and efficient lawn mower for your yard work, the GreenWorks M080L510 cordless self propelled mower might be a good fit. The GreenWorks M080L510 offers an impressive cutting power, a 5AH battery with a 70 minute runtime, a push start button, and a mulching feature.
We spent over 9 hours digging through experts’ and users’ GreenWorks M080L510 reviews. Here’s a summary of what they think about the GreenWorks M080L510:
12 Reasons to Buy
- Many users are satisfied with the M080L510’s efficient and quiet operation. They considered it the ideal solution to noisy and underperforming mowers in the market.
- Most of the users commend the mower’s 5AH battery and 70 minute runtime.
- An impressive number of users speak glowingly about the mower’s ease of storage. They had no reason to worry about storing their lawn mower after each mowing session.
- A lot of users appreciate the push start button feature as it makes operating the mower easier.
- The battery charges pretty quickly. Users are pleased by the fact that they won’t wait for hours to recharge their depleted battery.
- A larger percentage of users appreciated the machine’s mowing power and efficiency.
- It mulches quite well.
- The GreenWorks M080L510 self propelled lawn mower has adjustable settings that give users the freedom to work at a convenient height.
- The lawn mower comes with a Smart Cut loading sensor that senses thicker grass and adjusts accordingly for easy mowing.
- Its batteries and charger are interchangeable with other GreenWorks tools,
- It is cordless and thus, users don’t run the risk of getting entangled on a mower’s cord and thereby subjecting themselves to physical harm.
- Its four wheels can easily be adjusted with a handle. That supports ease of use and operation.
3 Reasons NOT to Buy
- Some users find the height adjuster’s plastic handles out of place. They would have preferred a more durable handle.
- At 75 pounds, most users consider this model a bit bulky.
- If the batteries get hot, it takes longer to cool them down and charge.
GreenWorks M080L510 Product Specifications
|Maximum Cutting Height||3-3/4”.|
|Minimum Cutting Height||1-2/5”.|
|Features||Mulching, Electric Start, Side Discharge, Bagging.|
|Mower Type||Self Propelled.|
|Cutting Width||18 to 21 Inch.|
GreenWorks M080L510 Review: Deep Dive
The GreenWorks M080L510 cordless electric mower offers impressive cutting power, thanks to its 5.0AH battery that offers an amazing runtime of 70 minutes to keep the mower working for long without running out of power easily.
The mower’s brushless motors contribute significantly to its amazing cutting power because it boosts the mowing machine power and delivers the equivalent of a 160cc gas engine.
The lawn mower can also handle thick and tall grass pretty well without slowing down. That’s aside from its great bagging and mulching ability.
The mower’s long-lasting battery, Smart Cut load sensing technology, and brushless motors ensure that users can cover a large area with the machine with a fully charged battery that offers 70 minutes of runtime.
Combine the long runtime with a 21-inch blade and you have a powerful mowing machine that can help users mow a large portion of their lawn at a go.
Range and Height Adjustment
The self-propelled lawn mower allows users to set their desired height by leveraging the height adjustment option to enable them to work at a convenient height.
The cordless electric M080L510 model also offers a great mowing range through its maximum cutting height and minimum cutting height of 3 ¾” and 1 2/5” range.
The cordless electric lawn mower combines efficient operation with a low noise level. Unlike most noisy gas-powered mowing machines, the GreenWorks electric mower is eco-friendly with minimal sound generation.
The GreenWorks M080L501 is a 3-in-one lawn mower. With a side discharge and mulching system, the mowing machine offers some discharge options to help users keep their lawn clean after each mowing session.
Weighing approximately 80 pounds, the GreenWorks M080L501 model is heavier than most of the mowers in its category. Hence, it may not be as manoeuvrable as them, especially around obstacles. However, its great cutting power may compensate for its poor manoeuvrability.
The lawn mower is super easy to maintain since it isn’t powered by gas. Keep the mower clean by removing entangled grass and cleaning the blades immediately after each time you mow your lawn. The after-use cleaning prevents the machine from corrosion, thereby reducing its maintenance requirements and difficulty.
Many users are delighted at the GreenWorks M080L510 super mulching and cutting performance that complements its great runtime which helps them mow a large lawn with ease.
Although not without its drawbacks, overall, the M080L510 model is a great choice for homeowners who are looking for the best alternative to noisy mowers.
GreenWorks M080L510 Lawn Mower
- Minimum Cutting Height: 1-2/5”.
- Power Source: Battery.
- Weight: 79.5 pounds.
- Mower Type: Self Propelled.
- Warranty: 4 years.
- Cutting Width: 18 to 21 Inch.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the GreenWorks M080L510 come with a 2AH or 5AH battery?
The model is powered by a 5AH battery.
Is the mower a rear-wheel or front-wheel drive?
The mowing machine is rear-wheel drive and has variable speed.
What is the mowing machine’s cutting height?
The mower’s minimum cutting height and maximum cutting height are 1 3/8 inch and 3 ¾ inches respectively.
Do I need a separate mulching kit for the M080L510 model?
No, the model is equipped with blades that are great at mulching.
What is the battery’s lifespan?
The battery can last for as much as 10 years because the charger can read the battery’s temperature and cool it down if it’s too hot thereby prolonging its lifespan.
- Getting an extra battery is advisable if your lawn is over an acre. The extra battery guarantees uninterrupted runtime and convenience of use.
- Check the blades regularly and sharpen them when necessary to prevent the mower from working harder than necessary with dull blades.
- For the best performance, clean the blades after each use.