After spending over 8 hours going through experts’ and users’ GreenWorks GLM801600 reviews across different platforms, here’s the summary of what users verdict on the GLM801600 push cordless electric lawn mower.
10 Reasons to Buy
- The GreenWorks GLM801600 lawn mower is super efficient and quiet.
- Most users are impressed with its efficient cutting and mulching ability.
- Its ability to handle weeds, tall grass, and small branches is incredible.
- Ease of assembly out of the box is another reason why the GLM801600 model is a favorite among many homeowners.
- The cordless lawn mower is designed to auto adjust its blade speed and cutting power when necessary. The auto adjustment helps users mow through tall grass easily.
- Some buyers are impressed by the ease of switching from one function to another, such as from mulching to bagging.
- It is quite easy to start. By pushing just a button, you can switch the GreenWorks GLM801600 mower on or off.
- The battery-powered GreenWorks GLM801600 comes equipped with a rubber skirt that protects a user from exposure to debris while mowing. Many owners appreciate this protective feature.
- The mower’s lightweight design makes it very versatile as users can move around objects and obstacles with ease. Thus, you can access some sections of your garden where you can’t reach with larger machines.
- Users also appreciate the ease of maintaining the lawn mower since it requires no oil change and other maintenance routines associated with gas mowers.
3 Reasons NOT to buy
- Some users have reservations about the rubber skirt’s edge that can constitute a nuisance when pulling the walk behind lawn mower backward.
- The GreenWorks GLM801600 isn’t self-propelled.
- It doesn’t work with a GreenWorks 40V battery but with the 80V battery type only.
GreenWorks GLM801600 Product Specifications
|Cutting width||18 to 21 inches.|
|Features||Mulching, Electric Start, Side Discharge, Bagging.|
|Maximum cutting height||3-3/4 inch.|
|Minimum cutting height||1-3/8 inch.|
|Additional info||Brushless motor, Quick charge, Smart-Cut technology, On-board battery life indicator, Vertical storage, charger and battery not included.|
GreenWorks GLM801600 Review: Deep Dive
Equipped with a 4.0Ah or a 2.0Ah battery, the GLM801600 model has enough power to mow a larger area of lawn. Thanks to its Smart Cut technology that automatically adjusts the blade’s speed when necessary, you can give your lawn the best cut in no time.
However, when using the mower on tall grasses above 4 inches, the grass may entangle with the blades occasionally, increasing mowing difficulty. When this occurs, the lawn mower will notify you so that you can stop the engine and untangle the blade.
Some users have timed the 2.0Ah and 4.0Ah batteries with runtime of 45 and 60 minutes respectively. This implies that depending on the battery type, you can mow your lawn for an hour at a go without worrying about running out of battery prematurely.
Aside from their long lifespan, the batteries charge pretty fast. The fast charging ensures that you won’t spend too much time charging the battery while waiting to mow your lawn if the batteries are dead.
Another nice feature of the GLM801600 model is the height adjustment options. It comes with 7 cutting heights so that users can adjust the machine’s cutting blades to their preferred height.
With a single lever, you can choose an appropriate height from the available options from 1.125 inches to 3.75 inches to make mowing your lawn easier and faster.
The GreenWorks 801600 cordless electric lawn mower is quite easy to operate. With just the push of a button, it is ready to go and help you get the job done effortlessly without much vibration.
In addition, the mower is super efficient and works quietly. You can get a lot done without exposing yourself to harmful noise.
Ease of Use
The GLM801600 push mower is one of the few mowers with an ergonomic design that supports ease of use.
In the battery department, you can choose from using two 2.0Ah batteries or a single 4.0Ah battery, depending on your personal preference. You don’t have to worry about assembling the mower because it is a simple product with an easy assembly process.
And yes, because the GreenWorks GLM801600 is battery-powered, you don’t have to deal with maintenance routines associated with gas mowers.
The GreenWorks GLM801600 is easily one of the best cordless electric lawn mowers on the market. This lightweight and versatile mower is quite easy to use and maintain. The GLM801600 adjustable cutting heights feature is one of the reasons many homeowners prefer it.
The 4.0Ah battery offers an hour of runtime, enough power to mow a third of an acre or more, while the 2.0Ah battery type offers a runtime of 30 minutes.
GreenWorks GLM801600 Lawn Mower
- Power source: Battery
- Cutting width: 18 to 21 inches.
- Mower Type: Push
- Maximum cutting height: 3-3/4 inch.
- Warranty: 4 years.
- Weight: 57 pounds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it self-propelled?
No, the GreenWorks GLM801600 model isn’t self-propelled but a battery-powered push lawn mower.
Why does the package not include a battery and charger?
The GreenWorks GLM801600 model was designed for homeowners who already have the GreenWorks charger and battery who no longer have to purchase another one.
Will the GLM801600 work with a GreenWorks 40V battery?
No, it doesn’t work with the GreenWorks 40V batteries, it only works with GreenWorks 80V batteries.
Does the lawn mower come with a bagger?
Yes, it has a rear grass bag. You can collect grass clippings in the bag rather than allow them to lay on the lawn.
Does it come with a warranty?
The battery-powered cordless GreenWorks GLM801600 mower comes with a 4-year warranty for the unit. However, for commercial use, the warranty is just one year. Note that the warranty is only valid if the product develops any fault while being used within approved conditions.
- Store the GreenWorks GLM801600 battery in a cool and dry space to keep it in top shape.
- Clean the mower immediately after each use to prevent dirt accumulation and ensure the best running condition.