Greenworks 48V Mower Review
The Greenworks 48V cordless lawn mower can side discharge, mulch, rear bag or perform leaf pick-up functions via the 4-in-1 option.
We spent 8.5 hours reading through experts’ and real users’ Greenworks 48V mower reviews. Here is a summary of what they think:
10 Reasons to Buy
- The Greenworks 48V cordless mower comes with built-in LED lights for better visibility in low-light or dark areas.
- The battery-powered mower has a brushless motor that provides more power, longer runtime, extended motor life, and quiet operation.
- It can easily climb steep inclines that are up to 20 degrees.
- The Greenworks 48V is easy to use and assemble.
- The collapsible handles can be folded for easy and compact storage.
- Its 8-inch front and 10-inch rear wheels ensure easy and smooth maneuverability on lawns.
- It has a turbo button that provides maximum power.
- The mower’s batteries deliver fade-free power with no memory loss after charging.
- The self-propelled mower is easy to start thanks to its push-button start.
- The mowing machine is eco-friendly and easy to maintain.
3 Reasons NOT to Buy
- Some users commented that the plastic parts are fragile.
- The handlebar is a bit flimsy.
- The mowing machine has short battery life.
Greenworks 48V Mower Product Specifications
|Cutting Width||21 inches|
|Features||Side discharge, mulching and bagging|
|Maximum cutting height||4 inches|
|Minimum cutting height||1-3/8 inches|
|Additional Information||Bright LED lights, brushless motor, USB port, 7-position single lever height adjustment, 8-inch-front, and 10-inch rear wheels.|
Greenworks 48V Mower Review: Deep Dive
The Greenworks 48V comes with a highly efficient brushless motor which provides quiet operation, more torque, and longer life.
Its 8-inch front and 10-inch rear wheels enhance easy and smooth mobility on lawns.
The rear-wheel drive ensures maximum traction and maneuverability while its bright LED headlights enhance better visibility while mowing at dawn or dusk.
The self-propelled mower combines two 24V (5Ah) batteries that provide up to 45 minutes of runtime.
It is important to note that its runtime varies based on the operator technique and grass condition.
In addition, the batteries deliver fade-free power with no memory loss after charging.
Ease of Use
The Greenworks 48V model comes with a collapsible handle design for easy and compact storage.
Furthermore, you can easily adjust the cutting positions through the single lever height adjustment.
The machine is easy to start thanks to its push-button start. Some users liked the fact that the mowing machine is easy to use and assemble.
The battery mower is equipped with a 21-inch cutting deck for efficient mowing on lawns.
It has seven cutting positions which range from 1-3/8-4 inches to suit your varying mowing needs.
The 48V model has enough capacity to climb hills with an incline of 20 degrees. It has a no-load speed rating of 2850 RPM/3250 RPM (Turbo).
A user commented that the self-propelled cuts grass well but cited its short battery life as a major flaw.
The self-propelled mowing machine has side discharge, mulching, and bagging capabilities.
The side discharge feature expels grass clippings away from the mower while the mulching option cuts grass clippings into fine pieces.
These tiny pieces fall to the soil surface and break down to release nutrients into the soil
The bagging option enhances easy disposal. Furthermore, it performs pick-up options for a superb mowing performance.
Price and Warranty
The Greenworks 48V is reasonably-priced. In addition, it comes with a 3-year warranty service.
It is important to note that the machine is only valid for units that are for personal use and has been maintained in accordance with the instructions in the owner’s manual.
The dual-port battery charger reduces downtime. Other features include a turbo button, variable speed control, self-propel drive lever, grass catcher, mulch plug, and a dual battery system for top-notch mower performance.
The Greenworks 48V lawnmower is well-liked for its maneuverability, easy storage, minimal maintenance, and easy assembly but it is not without flaws.
The battery-powered mower received criticism for its flimsy handlebar, short battery life, and fragile plastic parts.
Overall, many users still rate the Greenworks 48V mower as a good fit for residential lawn maintenance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cutting height range?
The cutting height can be adjusted from 1-3/8- 4 inches.
Is the Greenworks MO48L250 self-propelled?
Yes, the Greenworks MO48L520 model is a self-propelled lawnmower.
Can the blades be sharpened?
Yes, the blades can be sharpened or replaced.
Can a person ride this mower?
No, the mower is not a riding mower.
Is the turbo speed selection required for proper operation or is it optional mainly for thicker grass?
The turbo mode is optional. It can also ensure remarkable performance for mulching and on thicker grass.
Who manufactures Greenworks lawn mowers?
Greenworks lawn mowers are manufactured by the Globe group.
- Clean the machine with a dry cloth.
- Tighten all the fasteners and caps correctly.
- Check for missing, damaged or loose parts such as nuts, screws, caps and bolts before each use.