We spent 9 hours going through experts’ and real users’ Greenworks 40v cordless mower reviews. Here is a summary of what they think about the Greenworks 40v cordless electric mower:
9 Reasons to Buy
- The Greenworks 40v cordless lawn mower batteries are compatible with other Greenworks products.
- The mower’s lightweight design comes in handy when working on even and uneven terrains.
- It provides the option to mulch or bag grass clippings.
- The Greenworks 14-inch 40v mower has an electric motor that gives it incredible cutting power.
- For a cordless lawn mower, it is reasonably priced.
- The Greenworks 40v push lawn mower is easy to operate.
- It is quite easy to assemble. You don’t need to hire an expert to assist you in setting it up.
- The battery-powered lawn mower provides outstanding value for your mowing needs.
- Apart from the efficiency of use, the mower is easy to maintain.
4 Reasons NOT to buy
- Few users complained about its small cutting deck.
- The battery-powered lawn mower is not suitable for large yards.
- The battery runs for less than an hour.
- It does not perform well on wet grass.
Greenworks 14-inch 40v Product Specifications
|Feature:||Mulching and Bagging|
|Cutting width:||14 inches|
|Maximum cutting height:||3-1/8|
|Minimum cutting height:||1-1/4|
|Power source:||Lithium-ion battery|
|Additional information:||7-inch front wheels and 10-inch rear wheels, 13-Gallon grass box, G-MAX 40V Li-ion battery, G-MAX 40v charger, mulch plug, height adjustment lever, start button.|
Greenworks 40V Cordless Mower Review: Deep Dive
The Greenworks 40v cordless mower comes with oversized wheels (7” rear wheels and 6” front wheels) which enhance improved mobility while mowing. It has a plastic 14-inch cutting deck which provides versatile and efficient operation. Its cutting width is fantastic for smaller yards.
It is considered one of the lightest electric cordless lawn mowers. It is equipped with an airflow tab which indicates when the bag is full.
The Greenworks 40v cordless push lawn mower runs on a 40V battery system that provides ample mowing performance for your yard projects. The battery system is made up of a maximum capacity of 4Ah Li-ion battery and an optional 40V, 2Ah battery. A particular user observed that the 4AH battery lasts up to 40- 45 minutes while the latter lasts for about twenty minutes.
The power system is battery-powered, thus, it produces a low-level noise emission. The advantage of this is that you can mow at any time of the day without disturbing your neighbors.
The Greenworks 40v cutting deck has a single rotary blade that powers through tall and thick grasses to produce a neat and smooth cut. In fact, it is an efficient lawn mower for st Augustine grass.
You can adjust to five cutting heights via the height adjustment lever located on the front of the mower. This will allow you to cut the grass to your desired height. For a better cutting performance, grasses that are above 4’’ tall should be mowed twice.
The downside of this mower is that it does not perform efficiently on wet grass. The wet grass sticks to the underside of the deck, preventing proper mulching of grass clippings.
Ease of use
The Greenworks 40v lawn mower is easy to operate. You can easily change batteries while mowing your lawn. In addition, the mower has a fold-away handle for easy and convenient storage during the season. It is equipped with the battery level indicator to provide information about the battery level while mowing.
Price and warranty
The Greenworks 40v electric cordless mower is reasonably priced. It comes with a four-year warranty. It is important to note that normal wear parts like spark plugs, air filters are not covered by this warranty.
The Greenworks cordless lawn mower comes with a 2-in-1 option. You can mulch or bag. Its metal blade produces a nice and small mulch that restores nitrogen to the soil.
In addition, it has a bagger which keeps your lawn free from grass clippings. Some users complained about the small bag as one of its flaws.
Also Read: Greenworks 24V Vs Greenworks 40V Mower
The mower uses a Lithium-Ion battery charger which provides a quick battery charge time of 60 minutes for a 2 AH battery and 120 minutes for a 4 AH battery.
Apart from a few flaws, the Greenworks 40v is an efficient cordless push mower that combines its lightweight design and unique features to deliver an exceptional cut on small yards.
Greenworks 14-inch 40v Lawn Mower
- Power source: Lithium-ion battery.
- Cutting width: 14 inches
- Front wheels: 7-inch
- Rear wheels: 10-inch
- Capabilities: Mulching and Bagging
- Warranty: 4 years.
- Weight: 36lbs
Frequently Asked Questions
Will the 40v G-max battery work with this mower?
Yes, the electric mower is compatible with the G-max batteries
Where is the machine made?
It is manufactured in China.
Does the Greenworks 40v come with a grass catcher?
Yes, it comes with a grass catcher that is detachable.
What is the weight of this mower?
It weighs 361lbs.
Is this mower self-propelled?
No, it isn’t. It’s a push mower.
Does this mower come with a charger?
Yes, a charger is supplied.
How long does it take for the battery to charge?
It takes 120 minutes to charge.
- Clean mower after use.
- For optimal results, sharpen the blade
- Store the mower in a clean and dry place.
- Charge battery to maintain running life.
- Check and tighten nuts, bolts and screws before use.
- Store battery packs in a 30-50% charged condition.
- Heavy-duty adhesive tape should be used to cover the battery’s terminals.