The Greenworks 40V lithium-ion battery provides a balance between power and cost, making it perfect for gardeners that own smaller areas.
Some users commented that the battery is lightweight and easy to assemble. In addition, it can last up to 2,000 charge cycles.
We spent 9 hours reading through experts’ and real users’ Greenworks 40V battery reviews. Here is a summary of what they think:
7 Reasons to Buy
- The Greenworks 40V battery is eco-friendly and can last up to 2,000 charge cycles.
- The lithium-ion battery delivers fade-free power with no memory loss after charging.
- It is lightweight and easy to assemble.
- The 29462 battery model offers full power during its entire runtime.
- It has a durable and rugged design.
- The Greenworks battery is easy to change.
- It features a simple snap-on and off design for ease of use.
4 Reasons NOT to Buy
- The battery may take time to fully charge.
- It has short battery life.
- The battery’s housing is flimsy.
- It has almost the same size as a 4Ah battery but it is half the power
Greenworks 40V Battery Product Specifications
|Compatibility||Compatible with G-MAX 40V tools and a 29482 Charger Model|
|Item Weight||1.84 pounds.|
|Item Dimensions L X WX H||6.25 x 3.25 x 2.8 inches|
|Additional Information||On-board battery indicator, lithium-ion technology, quick release feature.|
Greenworks 40V Battery Review: Deep Dive
The Greenworks 40V battery comes with a unique design and excellent connection positioning.
It is equipped with lithium-ion technology for optimal performance on small yards. It can be charged at any time which means that you do not need to bother about negative memory effects.
The Greenworks 29462 battery comes with an onboard indicator that shows the battery’s runtime. This allows you to know when to recharge it or not.
The lithium-ion battery can last up to 2,000 charge cycles. It has a quick charge time of 60 minutes and is perfect for small garden areas.
The battery is lightweight, rugged, and durable for optimal performance.
The 40V battery can withstand wear and tear when they are in use. It has a solid casing to help protect it from rough treatments.
The battery requires charging to provide adequate power to your machine.
Ease of Use
Many users commented that the battery is easy to change. Furthermore, you can easily snap the battery in and out of tools with the locking mechanism.
Price and Warranty
The 29462 model is a bit pricey. In addition, the lithium-ion battery is backed by a two-year warranty.
It is important to note that any part that has become inoperative due to misuse, abuse, neglect, or commercial use cannot be covered by the warranty.
The Greenworks 40V is well-liked for its durability and lightweight design.
On the downside, some owners complained about its short battery life and flimsy battery housing.
In all, the Greenworks 40V 2Ah Battery is still a good pick for homeowners with smaller garden areas.
Frequently Asked Questions
How heavy is the 40v battery?
The Greenworks 40V battery weighs 1.84 pounds.
Where are Greenworks products manufactured?
Greenworks products are manufactured in China.
Will this battery work on a 14-inch mower model number M040BOO?
Yes, the battery is compatible with any 40V G-Max/Elite products.
Are Greenworks 40V batteries interchangeable?
Yes, they are interchangeable if they are designed for a specific tool.
- Keep the battery in cool, shady and dry condition.
- If the battery is not charged for a long time, charge the battery for two hours every two months.