We spent over 9 hours combing several platforms for experts’ and real users’ GreenWorks 25142 reviews of the GreenWorks 25142 model. Here’s a summary of what the majority of them think:
12 Reasons to Buy
- Most reviewers are satisfied with the mower’s lightweight. At 37.5 pounds, it is pretty light and easy to handle/move around while mowing.
- Lawn mower experts are also impressed by its adjustability. With a single control, you can adjust it to your preferred height.
- Many users also speak glowingly of its grass catcher. They are impressed at the efficiency of the grass catcher’s vacuum effect.
- Storing the lawn mower isn’t a challenge. The foldable mower saves space and can be stored anywhere, even off the floor.
- The GreenWorks 25142 is quite easy to assemble. Simply open the box and flip the mower’s handle and you are good to go.
- According to a good number of lawn enthusiasts, the accompanying bag is easy to use. You can remove, attach, or empty it easily because it unclips and clips effortlessly.
- Some owners are thrilled by its build quality. The well-built mower is a user’s delight.
- The GreenWorks 25142 corded mower is more affordable than battery mowers.
- No battery replacement is required as it is fully corded.
- The mower’s low noise level is another reason why most users prefer it to gas mowers. Users can mow their lawn at any hour of the day without subjecting the neighborhood to noise pollution.
- Many reviewers attested to its great cutting power for all types of grass, including spring lawns that are overgrown with weeds.
- Thanks to its maneuverability, the mower can be used in narrow areas and moves around obstacles easily.
3 Reasons NOT to buy
- It has a limited capacity which makes frequent emptying a necessity.
- Because it needs an extension cord and its cutting width isn’t that impressive, the lawn mower isn’t ideal for large lawns.
- Getting used to the lawn mower is a bit challenging for users who are not accustomed to working with corded electric mowing machines.
GreenWorks 25142 Product Specifications
|Operating system||push-button start.|
|Cutting options:||2-in-1 (Mulch/Bag).|
|Deck positions:||7 positions.|
|Number of blades:||1|
|Power source:||Corded electric|
|Rear tire size:||7”.|
|Front tire size:||6”.|
GreenWorks 25142 Review: Deep Dive
The GreenWorks 25142 lawn mower is powered by a 10-amp electric motor. While using the mower, you don’t have to worry about charging because you can plug it in any power outlet and give your lawn a befitting cut.
Note, however, that you can’t use any extension cord of your choice with the mower. Rather, get an appropriate extension cord specification to enhance its performance. Don’t use an undersized cord to prevent overheating and loss of power that may arise from reduced line voltage.
The recommended extension cord lengths and corresponding ratings are listed below:
- 150-feet extension cord: 12 AWG.
- 100-feet extension cord: 14 AWG.
- 50-feet extension cord: 16 AWG.
Easy operation is the hallmark of GreenWorks lawn mowers. The 25142 model isn’t an exception. With a power switch, you can start the mower or switch it off.
Thanks to its lightweight design, users can manoeuvre the mower around objects and access every part of their garden or home.
The ease of operation and versatility ensures a smooth and efficient mowing of every part of your lawn
While the GreenWorks 25142 is a good lawn mower, it can’t compare to larger electric or gas models. Its 16-inch cutting area detracts from its overall performance because the smaller blade implies that a user must make more passes to mow a lawn completely. That will require more time to complete.
Thus, aside from small lawns that the lawn mower can handle conveniently, it is not the best for mid-sized and large lawns.
The manufacturing company offers a 4-year warranty for the lawn mower. As a user, you can take advantage of this offer to cover issues that arise under normal use or manufacturing defects. Important to note that the warranty doesn’t cover faults that are caused by poor use or maintenance.
If you need an efficient and easy-to-use lawn mower without breaking the bank, the GreenWorks 25142 corded electric mower might be a good fit for you.
It’s lightweight and easy to move around. You won’t have issues keeping your lawn well-cut and maintained. You can start the lawn mower by simply pushing a button and access areas inaccessible to larger mowers.
n start the lawn mower by simply pushing a button and access areas inaccessible to larger mowers.
GreenWorks 25142 Lawn Mower
- Power source: Corded electric
- Cutting width: 16”
- Mower Type: Push
- Cutting options: 2-in-1 (Mulch/Bag).
- Warranty: 4 years.
- Weight: 39 lbs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the cutting range?
The lawn mower comes with a lever height adjustment that offers 5/8” to 2-5/8” cutting heights.
Is the lawn mower good for too long or wet grass?
Although the lawn mower is considered one of the best, you may run into a problem if you use it on too long or wet grass. However, it is a great tool for regular grass.
Is it as powerful as a gas or electric lawn mower
With a 16” blade, the 25142 model is a small mower. Thus, it can’t compare with its more powerful gas or electric mowers.
Does it come with an extension cord?
You need to buy an appropriate extension cord for the lawn mower. The corresponding gauge cord for your preferred extension cord length has been given above.
Does the mower work when pulled backwards?
Yes, the mower works when pulled backwards just the way it works when moved forward.
Maintenance Tips for GreenWorks 25142
- Regular maintenance is crucial to a mower’s performance and durability. Hence, keep the lawn mower clean always.
- Avoid using it on wet or too long grass. It doesn’t work great on such grass.
- The lawn mower is foldable. You can take advantage of this feature to use it under obstacles such as a tree’s hanging branches.
- If the mower slows down or suddenly becomes noisier, turn it off and remove grass around the blade.
- Running over a corded lawn mower while working can be harmful. To avoid this problem, a bright orange extension cord is recommended to be used with the mower.