Greenworks 25012 Review
The Greenworks 25012 push mower has a lightweight design, making it easy to maneuver on lawns. It is easy to use, quiet and assemble.
We spent 8.5 hours digging through experts and real users’ Greenworks 25012 reviews. Here is a summary of what they think:
10 Reasons to Buy
- The Greenworks 25012 has a powerful 12 Amp motor which delivers more power to mow through tough grass.
- It is lightweight and easy to assemble.
- The push mower is quiet and eco-friendly.
- It requires minimal maintenance.
- The Greenworks 25012 comes with 7-height settings to mow grass, making it flexible for all seasons.
- Several users commented that the mulching blade works very well.
- The 25012 model operates efficiently on tall grass.
- The push mower is reasonably-priced and easy to use.
- Its 7-inch front and rear wheels enable easy maneuverability around flower beds with ease.
- The machine has an easy cam lock on the handle for easy folding and storage.
5 Reasons NOT to Buy
- A user commented that the mower does not have quality control.
- Grass clippings may get stuck on the underside.
- The push lawn mower does not come with a grass catcher.
- Not ideal for large-sized yards.
- The Greenworks 25012 does not have a roller or striper.
Greenworks 25012 Product Specifications
|Cutting Width||18 inches|
|Features||Side discharge and mulching|
|Maximum cutting height||3-3/4 inches|
|Minimum cutting height||1-3/4 inches|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Additional Information||Zero Carbon Footprint, 7-Position Cutting Adjustment, Steel Deck, 7-inch front and rear wheels.|
Greenworks 25012 Review: Deep Dive
The Greenworks 25012 corded lawn mower comes with 7-inch front and rear wheels for easy maneuverability around flower beds.
It has an easy cam lock on the handle for easy folding and storage. Its cord lock feature prevents the cord from disconnecting while mowing.
The 14-gauge cord is recommended for cord length up to 100 feet while the 12-gauge cord is recommended for cord length that is over 100 feet.
The corded electric mower is powered by a 12-amp motor which delivers maximum power to mow through tough grass.
A good number of users commented that the mower is quiet. This means that you can mow at any hour of the day without disturbing your neighbors.
The push mower is equipped with an 18-inch mower deck for a superb mowing performance on small and medium-sized lawns. The deck is made of steel to provide efficiency and swiftness.
It has seven cutting positions which can be adjusted from 1-3/4 to 3-3/4 inches to suit your mowing needs.
Some users also noted that its mulching blade performs well on lawns. The mower also operates efficiently on tall grass.
One of the downsides of the Greenworks 25012 corded mower is that it may struggle on thicker plant stems or weeds
Ease of Use
The electric mower has foldable handles for easy and compact storage. It comes with easy-to-start controls and has some cushioning for comfort.
Its wheels can be easily adjusted to different heights with a quick shift of one lever.
The machine is easy to assemble. You do not need the help of an expert to assist you with its assembly.
Price and Warranty
The Greenworks 25012 is reasonably priced. In addition, it comes with a 4-year warranty service.
It is important to note that any part that has become inoperative due to improper maintenance, alteration, misuse, abuse, neglect, or commercial use cannot be covered by the warranty.
The electric lawn mower can side discharge or mulch via the 2-in-1 option.
The side discharge option expels clippings away from the mowing machine while the mulching feature cuts grass clippings into tiny pieces to restore nutrients to the soil.
A noticeable drawback is its non-inclusion of a grass catcher to collect grass clippings.
Greenworks 25012 Corded Lawn Mower Safety Features
The Greenworks 25012 model requires that you push the start button and bail lever to prevent you from hitting the bail and accidentally starting the machine.
It comes with a guard at the rear to reduce the flow of potential rocks and pebbles that may fly out from the back of the mower.
Other features include a side discharge cover, circuit breaker, and motor housing for a top-notch mower performance.
The Greenworks 25012 is a lightweight, durable and easy-to-use mowing machine.
It combines its innovative design, safety features, and cutting power to ensure superb mowing operation.
Despite not having a grass catcher, the mowing machine is still an ideal choice for small to medium-sized lawns.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the recommended gauge for the extension cord?
You can get an extension cord that is 12 to 16 gauge.
What is the max cutting height?
It has a maximum cutting height of 3-3/4 inches.
Does the Greenworks 25012 have a mulching blade?
Yes, it has a mulching blade.
How much does this mower actually weigh?
The push mower weighs up to 46 lbs.
How do you avoid the cord while mowing?
The mower comes with a cord retainer that will keep it away from the base of the mower.
- Clean the mower after each use.
- Remove any buildup of grass clippings, leaves, dirt, and other debris to prevent rust and corrosion.
- Store the machine in a clean and dry place.
- Inspect and replace /sharpen blade if required.