EGO Power + LM2020SP Review
The self-propelled EGO Power + LM2020SP lawn mower is a simple lawn mower that combines ease of use with versatility. Powered by a powerful 56-Volt 20-inch lithium-ion battery, the push mower has enough capacity to help you cover a lot of ground with ease.
The EGO Power + LM2020SP self propelled lawn mower combines excellent cutting power, battery power, mulching feature, ease of maintenance, and versatility to keep your lawn neat and properly cut.
We spent about 9.5 hours looking through several EGO Power + LM2020SP reviews from users. Here’s a summary of what they think:
9 Reasons to Buy
- Experts and users both agreed on the mower’s quiet operation which is far better than many in its category.
- Most users appreciate the EGO Power + LM2020SP’s smooth user experience since they won’t be concerned with cord and gas management.
- Maneuverability is another feature that tips users’ opinions in the mower’s favor. Even without using its self-propelling feature, users can still use it with ease.
- According to some users, the mower comes with a well-built and impressively durable structure that can withstand different terrains.
- An impressive number of users attested to the mower’s power that draws comparison with gas-powered mowing machines.
- Users rate this model as high as gas-powered lawn mowers in view of the power packed in the mowing machine. You can mow through any type of grass without worry about the machine’s ability to handle them.
- The brushless and self-propelled EGO Power + LM2020SP is a 3-in-1 lawn mower that perfectly handles bagging, mulching, and side discharge. A good number of users appreciate this feature as it enables them to mow their lawn and keep it in good shape without doing too much.
- The mower is powered by an arc-lithium battery that offers up to 60 minutes of runtime. You can get a lot done in just one hour, thanks to the mower’s power and battery life.
- The EGO Power + LM2020SP comes with a steel deck that enhances its durability. It is reassuring that you can rely on this mower to serve you longterm.
2 Reasons NOT to buy
- The mower doesn’t come with a battery or a charger.
- Some users complained about its low mulching ability on tall grass.
EGO Power + LM20202SP Product Specifications
|Mower brand||EGO Power|
|Features||Mulching, Electric Start, Side Discharge, Bagging.|
|Maximum cutting height||4 inches.|
|Minimum cutting height||1-3/16 inches.|
|Additional info||Weather-resistant construction, Variable speed, LED headlights, charger and battery not included.|
EGO Power + LM20202SP Review: Deep Dive
Powered by a 20-inch 56-volt arc lithium-ion battery reputable for its long lifespan, the LM2020SP mower has enough cutting power to work on all types of grass. A good number of users rate the battery powered mowing machine as equally powerful as many gas-powered mowers.
As a lightweight mowing machine, users can handle the self-propelled EGO Power + LM2020SP lawn mower with ease. First, it comes with a push-button that replaces the conventional pulling rope, making starting the machine a lot easier.
Aside from an easy start, it is also maneuverable. You have a great lawn mower that can work around different objects and rough terrains.
Most users have positive words for this lawn mower with respect to its noise level. They agreed that its smooth operation is complemented by its low noise level. Users are satisfied with this mowing machine they can use at their convenience without worrying about noise pollution.
The cordless electric lawn mower is equipped with a grass catcher and a side discharge mechanism. Hence, discharging mowed grass from the mowing machine won’t cost you much time and effort.
The LM2020SP model is one of the few mowers that require little maintenance. Just like every other electric mower that doesn’t work with oil or gas, you won’t spend much time and energy maintaining the mowing machine.
After each mowing session, clean the blades to remove entangled grass and prevent corrosion.
Range and height adjustment
The EGO Power + LM2020SP mower has a cutting range of 18 to 21 inches, enough range to help you get a lot of ground covered in a short time.
If you are not comfortable with the default height, you can adjust the height to a setting that makes mowing less stressful with just a single lever that allows users to choose from its 6-position deck-height adjustment option.
The brushless EGO Power + LM2020SP is one of the top rated self propelled lawn mowers on the market. It is quiet, easy to maneuver, and performs well on different types of grasses and terrains.
One of the drawbacks of the LM2020SP model is that it doesn’t come with a battery or charger. If this is your first EGO Power mower purchase, you will need to buy the accessories separately, which adds up to the final cost. Considering its cutting performance and unique features, it might be well worth it.
EGO Power + LM2020SP Lawn Mower
- Weight: 70.5 pounds.
- Cutting width: 4”
- Mower type: Self-propelled.
- Power source: Battery.
- Maximum cutting height: 4 inches.
- Warranty: 5 years.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I clean the mower’s deck with a hose and water?
No, don’t clean the EGO Power + LM2020SP with a hose and water. Hosing it down may affect the mowing machine. Rather, clean the surface with a cloth while you can clean the underside with a bristle brush.
Can the mower work with other EGO batteries?
Yes, you can use other EGO batteries with the mower because all EGO tools are designed to be compatible with each other.
Without replacing the mower’s blade, can I sharpen it?
Yes, you can sharpen the mower’s blade even if you don’t replace it.
Does the lawn mower have an adjustable handle?
The mowing machine comes with an adjustable handle with several height options for ease of use.
Are the plastic wheels durable?
Although the mower comes with plastic wheels, they are nevertheless durable. Some owners have used the wheels for years without issues.
- Since the mower doesn’t come with a charge and a battery, purchase the recommended 56V 5.0AH EGO Power battery for the best runtime. For fast charging, go for the EGO Power Rapid charger.
- When you don’t need the self-propel feature, disengage it to conserve the mower’s battery.
- Don’t leave the blades unclean after use to prevent corrosion that may eventually damage the blades.