If you need a high-quality and compatible deck engagement cable, then you are going to love our recommendations in this article.
In this article, we reveal top-ranked deck engagement cables and guide you on how to pick the right one that can ensure proper engagement of mower blades.
Top 3 Deck Engagement Cables
- Enables your gear to run smoothly.
- Easy to install.
- It fits Bolens, MTD, Troy-Bilt, Yard-Man, Cub Cadet and Craftsman models.
- Easy to install.
- Fits Troy Bilt Super Bronco and Pony models (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
- Offers an outstanding value for your money.
- Easy to install.
- Offers great value for your money.
- Compatible with Huskee, MTD, Craftsman, Yard Machines and Murray mowing machines.
Deck Engagement Cable: Best 7 Picks
1. MTD Lawn Mower Blade Deck Engagement Cable For MTD, Craftsman, and More Models
- The deck engagement cable is easy to install.
- It enables the gear to run smoothly.
- The engagement blade cable is made from quality material.
- No drawback worthy of note.
It is made of good quality to ensure a remarkable performance. The engagement cable is also easy to install and can enable your gear to run smoothly.
The MTD 946-04173E deck engagement cable has a 55-inch casing length and a 38-inch extension spring that is attached to the mower blade engagement cable.
2. The ROP Shop Deck Engagement Cable fits Troy Bilt Super Bronco Pony Tuffy
The ROP Shop deck engagement cable is a great fit for Troy Bilt Super Bronco and Pony models (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013). It is also easy to install.
- The ROP Shop deck engagement cable is easy to install.
- It offers excellent value for your money.
- A user commented that the blade engagement cable holds up well.
- The metal tip is cheap and breaks easily.
The Troy Bilt blade engagement cable offers an outstanding value for your money.
A user commented that the deck engagement cable is efficient and of good quality.
3. Pro-Parts 946-05124A Deck Engage Cable for Craftsman, MTD, Yard-Man, Troy-Bilt
The Pro-Parts deck engagement cable can fit into Huskee, MTD, Craftsman, Yard-Man, Yard Machines and Murray mowing machines.
- The Pro Parts engagement cable is easy to install.
- It offers an outstanding value for your money
- The blade engagement cable is a perfect fit for many lawn mower models.
- Some users complained that the cable broke after some time.
Some users liked the fact that the deck engagement cable is easy to install. In addition, it is a great value for your money.
4. TUAIC Deck Engagement Cable for Craftsman 42” Riding Mower 175067 169676
The deck engagement cable is perfect for Husqvarna, Poulan, Rotary and Craftsman models with 42-inch mower decks.
- The TUAIC deck engagement cable is easily adjustable.
- It is easy to install.
- The deck engagement cable is of good quality and great value.
- Some users claimed that it is not durable.
- The plastic end is weak and may break.
The TUAIC deck engagement cable is well-rated for its ease of installation and great value for money.
A user also commented that the deck engagement is sturdy and can be easily adjusted.
5. Fascinatte Deck Engagement Cable for MTD Troy Bilt 946-04173E 74604173
The Fascinette deck engagement cable is ideal for MTD and Troy-Bilt lawn mower models.
- The Fascinatte deck engagement cable is easy to install.
- It has a sturdy clip
- The handle hook is longer which makes it more secure.
- The deck engagement cable broke after a short time.
- A user claimed that the plastic used for the fitting is too brittle.
It has a Z bend on one end and a spring on the other. Its conduit length is measured at 39 inches while the inner wire length is measured at 56 inches.
The deck engagement cable is well-rated for its ease of installation.
6. Parlart Deck Engage Cable
The Parlart deck engage cable is made to fit several Poulan, AYP, Husqvarna, Rotary and Craftsman models with 42-inch mower decks. Some users liked the fact that the cable is easy to install.
- The Parlart Deck engagement cable is easy to install.
- It can fit into several 42-inch lawn mower decks with 42-inch.
- The deck engagement cable is affordable.
- A user complained about the plastic clip design
- It is not durable.
It has a cable length that is up to 45 inches and a conduit length of 32 inches.
The deck engagement cable is also affordable. Another user also commented that the deck engagement cable worked perfectly.
7. 175067 New Craftsman Engagement Blade for 42” Riding Mower
The 175067 new deck engagement cable is a great fit for Craftsman riding mowing machines with 42-inch cutting decks.
- The Craftsman blade engagement cable can fit into several models with 42 inches.
- A user commented that the deck engagement cable worked well on the Craftsman lawn mower.
- A user complained that the plastic piece broke after a short while.
The Craftsman blade engagement cable can also work for other brands such as Rotary, Husqvarna and Poulan models.
It has a cable length of 45 inches and a conduit length of 32 inches.
When it comes to ease of installation and quality, the MTD Lawn Mower Blade Deck Engagement Cable is our top pick.
The deck engagement cable is ideal for Troy-Bilt, Bolens, MTD, Yard-Man, Yard Machines, Cub Cadet and Craftsman models.
The MTD 946-04173E blade engagement cable has a 55-inch casing length and a 38-inch extension spring that is attached to the mower blade engage cable.
It can enable your gear to run smoothly.
How To Replace Deck Engagement Cable on A Craftsman Lawn Mower
Here are some tips on how to replace a deck engagement cable on a Craftsman lawn mower:
- Remove the battery and locate the bolt on the top of the cable.
- Use a wrench to take out the 3/8-bolt and get it out of the bracket.
- From the bottom side of the cable, grab the rubber bolt and pull it. Use your plier to give it a little squeeze.
- Note: You can access the cable from the top side through the battery hole.
- Squeeze and pull the cable very carefully and slip it through the bracket.
- Locate where the bottom of the deck (where the cable meets the deck) and remove the cable’s pin.
- Ensure that you remove the other end of the spring and the cable is free for removal.
- Leave the rubber bolt attached to the cable, carefully pull it and push it to the bracket.
- Tighten the 3/8-bolt, put the compatible cable back and pin it back to its right position.
How to Replace A Deck Engagement Cable on A Troy-Bilt Lawn Mower
Here are some tips on how to replace a deck engagement cable on a Troy-Bilt lawn mower
- Lift the seat and take out the battery.
- Lift the bracket and push it to one side.
- Before removing the old deck engagement cable on your machine, check the old cable and hook the boundary cord to the pulley.
- Pull the other end tightly and hook it for you to easily take the cable out.
- After taking the cable out, pull out the spring and cord pins from the holes.
- The first step to take when you want to put in a new cable is to know the right location of the cable and make sure that the new deck engagement cable is the same size as the old one.
- While you put the cord over the axle, come up from the bottom and put the pin in place. The pin should fit properly if it is in the right direction.
- Once it is in place, pull the cable up and place the piece in the right place. Put the plastic washer in the right location and allow the pin to slide straight down until it fits in.
- Put the hook and loop it in. Make sure that you place the piece in the right hole and put the washer in while you push the cord pin down.
- Ensure that the cord passes under the belt.
- Place it down under the bolt, and put the hook and piece in the right place.
- Take off the boundary cord by disconnecting both sides and pulling them out.
- Pull the lever and check if the belts are engaged.
- Put the battery back and you are good to go.
How to Replace Deck Engagement Cable of a Husqvarna Lawn Tractor
Here are some tips on how to replace the deck engagement cable of your Husqvarna lawn tractor:
- Locate the cable.
- Check under the hood and pull off the spring and remove the washer.
- Use pliers to remove the cable from underneath.
- Remove the deck, release the belt and pull down the deck pins.
- Locate the spring underneath and take it off to remove the broken cable.
- To fix a new cable, clean the deck, pick up your new cable, attach the spring to its hole and push it under the belt.
- Put the plastic piece to connect it with the spring. With this, the cable is mounted to the deck.
- Put the deck back on the tractor and hook it up at the top.
- Pass the cable up and put the washer to hold the pin down.
- Place the spring on the pin and allow the spring to stay in its right place.
- Pull the lever to check if it is functioning properly.
Factors To Consider Before Buying a Deck Engagement Cable
If you are in the market for an ideal deck engagement cable, there are some factors to consider which will help you make the right choice. Here are some of them:
You should get a deck engagement cable that can fit into your lawn mower or tractor. Ensure that you take a proper look at the old one to get accurate measurements.
It is important to get a deck engagement cable that is made of high-quality material. It should be durable and sturdy enough so that it won’t get damaged too soon.
Ease of Installation
This is another important factor to consider before choosing a deck engagement cable. Make sure that the one you get is easy to install to enable it to function properly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will TUAIC deck engagement cable fit Craftsman LT1000 model #917.271553?
A: Yes, it can fit the Craftsman LT1000 model.
Will the TUAIC deck engagement cable work on Poulan Pro 42?
A: Yes, it is compatible with it.