The Cub Cadet XT1 LT46 is an efficient and versatile riding mower ideal for yards that are up to 3 acres. The LT46 operates efficiently on hilly and rough terrains. The Cub Cadet riding mower is well-liked for its superb cutting performance on thick grass.
We spent 9 hours digging through experts’ and real users’ Cub Cadet XT1 LT46 reviews. Here is a summary of what they think:
9 Reasons to Buy
- The Cub Cadet XT1 LT46 comes with a high-back seat for comfort while mowing.
- The 15-inch and 20-inch rear wheels enhance easy and smooth maneuverability on lawns.
- The mower’s fully welded frame offers more stability and superior cut quality.
- Its deck wash system makes cleaning the underside of the cutting deck easy.
- The XT1 46 comes with safety features such as a neutral start option, brake pedal lock, and emergency reverse switch for improved safety while mowing.
- The lawn equipment runs on a powerful 22 HP Kohler V-Twin OHV engine for exceptional mowing performance.
- Its LED high-illumination headlights provide optimum vision for mowing in dark or low-light conditions.
- The gas lawn mower operates efficiently on hilly and rough grounds.
- It is fuel-efficient and easy to operate.
4 Reasons Not to Buy
- Accessories such as bags and mulch kits are sold separately.
- The XT1’s reverse function could be simpler.
- Some users noted that the power take-off makes a loud noise when engaged.
- Some users complained that the deck was difficult to remove because of the machine’s manual power take-off.
Cub Cadet XT1 46 Product Specifications
|Cutting width||46 inches|
|Features||Side discharge, Mulching and Bagging|
|Maximum cutting height||4 inches|
|Minimum cutting height||1 inch|
|Additional Information||LED Headlights, Reverse Mowing Technology, Mulch and Bag kit Sold Separately, High-Pressure Deck Washing System, Digital Hour Meter/Service Minder.|
Cub Cadet XT1 LT46 Review: Deep Dive
The gas-powered mower comes with LED high illumination headlights which enhances optimum vision for mowing in dark or low light conditions. Its digital hour meter/service minder indicates when it’s time to service the riding mower.
The 15-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels enhance smooth and easy maneuverability on lawns. Its fully welded frame offers more stability and superior cut quality. In addition, the frame is protected by an E-Coat corrosion defense system for added durability.
The high back seat ensures comfortable mowing operations. It is also perfect for all riders of different sizes. The seat has two springs that are underneath the oversized seat base for a smooth and comfortable ride on lawns.
The mower runs on a powerful 22 HP Kohler V-Twin OHV engine for exceptional mowing performance. The engine emits more force, making it easy to mow hard and thick grass.
Some users liked the fact that the XT1 is fuel-efficient, enabling them to ride longer than they expected.
The Cub Cadet XT1 Enduro Series riding mower is equipped with a 46-inch cutting deck for efficient and effective mowing on medium and large-sized yards. It has 12 cutting heights which can be adjusted from 1-4 inches to suit your mowing requirements.
The RevTEK Reverse Mowing Technology enables users to easily mow in forward or reverse form. It performs well on hilly and rough terrains.
Furthermore, this riding mower is a great fit for tall grass and all types of weeds. It has a turning radius of 16 inches which can easily maneuver around obstacles. Its turning radius also provides almost the same quality as a zero-turn mowing machine.
Ease of Use
The deck wash system makes cleaning the underside of the cutting deck easy. Some first-time users also attested that the riding mower is easy to operate.
The riding mower has side discharge, mulching and bagging capabilities. The side discharge capability eliminates grass clippings away from the mower while the mulching option helps to maintain a well-manicured lawn by re-cutting clippings into small pieces. The bagging feature collects grass clippings for easy cleanup.
The 46-inch riding mower supports a host of accessories such as mulch and bag kit to aid the usability and versatility of the lawn equipment.
Price and Warranty
The riding lawn mower is reasonably priced. Plus, it comes with three-year warranty service.
The Multi Trac’s improved tread grip helps to reduce slip while the front bumper provides additional protection. Other safety features such as brake pedal lock, emergency reverse switch and neutral start option also ensure safe mowing operations.
Based on feedback from different users, the Cub Cadet XT1 LT46 is suitable for medium to large-sized yards. It is well-liked for its superior grass cutting ability on thick grass, safety features and innovative design.
Although some users complained about its power take-off feature, the riding mower is still a great fit for steep slopes and rough grounds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the Cub Cadet XT1 have a push-button or key start?
This XT1 46 has a key start.
Does the mower use a fuel injection or carburetor?
The mower’s motor features a carburetor.
Can this lawn tractor mow in reverse?
Yes, the lawn tractor can mow in reverse.
Is the mulching kit included?
No, the mulching kit is not included. It is sold separately.
- Check and clean cooling fans before each use.
- Check engine oil level before each use.
- Check the air filter for loose, dirty and damaged parts before each use.
- Check tire pressure every 10 hours.
- Check/clean the underside of the deck before each use.
- Inspect and lube deck wheels every 25 hours.
- Check deck level every 25 hours.
- Check battery terminals every ten hours.
- Check the safety interlock system every 10 hours.