The Craftsman M310 is a versatile riding mower suitable for small and medium-sized yards. It operates efficiently on dry and flat ground. The mower can side discharge, mulch or bag via the 3-in-1 option.
We spent 8.5 hours reading through experts and real users’ Craftsman M310 reviews. Here is a summary of what they think:
9 Reasons to Buy
- The Craftsman M310 self propelled lawn mower has a foldable handle design for easy and compact storage.
- The rear-wheel-drive provides added traction and stability while mowing uphill or sidehill.
- The deck wash port enables you to remove the debris and grass from the underside of the mower with a garden hose. This will decrease the risk of rust and corrosion.
- The gas-powered mower comes with front and rear wheels that ensure easy mobility on lawns.
- It runs on a powerful and efficient 163cc Briggs and Stratton engine for smooth mowing operation.
- The self-propelled mower works well on even and uneven terrain.
- It is easy to assemble. You do not need to employ a professional to assist you in setting it up.
- The 2.3-bushel dust blocker bag helps to reduce debris and in-air dust while collecting grass clippings for easy cleanup.
- The Craftsman M310 can easily maneuver through trees, flowerbeds and other landscape features.
4 Reasons Not to Buy
- The mower has a small gas tank.
- Flimsy self-propel controls.
- The pull start has no assistance features.
- Some users complained that the mower struggled on tall grass.
Craftsman M310 Product Specifications
|Cutting width||21 inches|
|Features||Side discharge, Mulching and Bagging|
|Maximum cutting height||3.75 inches|
|Minimum cutting height||1.25 inches|
|Additional Information||ReadyStart, Just Check and Add, Easy Fold Handles, Deck Wash, Foldable Handle Design.|
Craftsman M310 Review: Deep Dive
The Craftsman M310 is equipped with small front wheels and large rear wheels for smooth mobility on lawns. Its rear-wheel-drive provides added traction and stability while mowing uphill or sidehill.
You can set and adjust your preferred speed with the easy-to-use dual lever speed control handles. The deck wash port enables you to remove the debris and grass from the underside of the mower with a garden hose. This will decrease the risk of rust and corrosion.
The ergonomic handle design offers comfort while carrying out your mowing tasks. This feature is also foldable for easy and compact storage.
The gas-powered mower runs on a 163cc Briggs and Stratton engine for a smooth mowing operation. The engine features a recoil pull start which generates enough torque to fire up the engine within the first three pulls.
The M310 features a 21-inch cutting deck for excellent grass-cutting performance on small and medium-sized yards. The cutting deck is a perfect option for mowing lawns that are up to ¾ of an acre or less. It performs incredibly well on flat and uneven terrain.
Its cutting options range from 1.25-3.75 inches to enable you to cut the grass to the desired height. The mower can run for ninety-four minutes while mowing weekly-cut levels of grass growth.
Under a heavy load, it has a blade tip speed of 191.8 MPH which is one of the fastest speeds amongst residential mowers. This is one of the selling points of the lawn equipment. A handful of reviewers complained that it struggled while mowing tall grass.
Ease of Use
The mower’s rear-wheel-drive self-propulsion system is easy to use. It can easily maneuver through trees, flowerbeds or other landscape features.
The mowing machine is also easy to assemble. It does not require tools for its assembly. All you need to do is just attach the mower’s handles. Some reviewers liked the fact that the mower is lightweight.
Price and Warranty
The Craftsman M310 is reasonably priced. Plus, it is backed with two-year warranty service. It is important to note that the warranty does not cover items that have been subjected to negligence or operator abuse.
The self-propelled mower cam side discharge, mulch or bag via the 3-in-1 option. The side discharge feature expels grass clippings away from the mower while the mulching feature helps to put nutrients into the soil. The bagging capability collects grass clippings for easy cleanup.
The 2.3-bushel dust blocker bag helps to reduce debris and in-air dust while collecting grass clippings for easy cleanup.
The Craftsman M310 is suited for small and medium-sized yards. It is well-liked for its innovative and lightweight design, cutting power and ease-of-use options.
If you are looking for a durable and sturdy self-propelled lawn mower for small and medium-sized yards, the Craftsman M310 might be a good choice for you.
- Power source: Gas.
- Cutting width: 21 Inches.
- Cutting height: 6 positions, ranging from 1.25 inches to 3.75 inches.
- Capabilities: Mulching, Bagging, Side Discharging.
- Warranty: 2 years.
- Weight: 72.0 pounds.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the mower’s model number?
The model number of this mower is CMXGMAM1125505.
Does the mower arrive fully assembled?
You just need to only attach the handles when it arrives. It requires no tools for its assembly.
Can another deck wash kit be added?
Yes, but the one attached there is enough for you.
Can you use this mower without the bag?
Yes, you can use it without the bag.
- Check engine oil level after each use.
- Clean air cleaner annually.
- Replace spark plug annually.
- Clean the underside of the deck once in a season to prevent the build-up of grass clippings or other debris.
- Periodically inspect the blade adapter for cracks.
- Coat mower’s cutting blade with chassis grease to prevent rusting.
- Tighten or replace loose or missing hardware.