Craftsman M215 Review
We spent 9 hours going through experts’ and real users’ Craftsman M215 reviews. Here is what majority of them think:
10 Reasons to Buy
- The Craftsman M215 gas mower comes with a two-year warranty.
- It is easy to start thanks to its auto-choke feature.
- The gas-powered lawn mower comes in a 3-in-1 function which provides mulching, discharge and bagging capabilities.
- The Craftsman M215 self propelled mower has a high-grade quality build-up
- The M215 self-propelled gas mower can handle even and uneven terrains
- It performs incredibly well on tall grass.
- The height adjustment feature adds flexibility to the mower which makes mowing easier.
- It has a versatile and powerful engine that offers efficient cutting on lawns.
- It comes with variable-speed controls which enhance precise mowing on lawns.
- The tires enable easy and smooth maneuverability on lawns.
4 Reasons NOT to Buy
- It is not suitable for large yards
- The handles are not padded.
- It is quite heavy.
- It is quite noisy. You might need hearing protection while using the mower.
Craftsman M215 Product Specifications
|Features||Mulching, bagging, side discharge|
|Mower Type||Self Propelled|
|Maximum cutting height||3.75 inches|
|Minimum cutting height||1.25 inches|
|Cutting width||21 inches|
|Additional Information||159cc OHV Engine, auto-choke technology, variable-speed, deck wash system, recoil start, dual-lever height adjustment, 7-inch front wheels with 11-inch rear wheels.|
Craftsman M215 Review
The Craftsman M215 has a cutting deck that allows you to discharge, mulch or bag grass clippings. It is popular for its high-grade quality build-up which helps increase the lifespan of the lawn mower.
The Craftsman M215 self-propelled lawn mower is equipped with a height adjustment feature which makes cutting easier.
It has a dust control system that reduces the pollen and dust that comes from the bag while in use. The wheels and variable speed controls enhance easy maneuvering on even and uneven terrain.
The Craftsman M215 provides a high-power output with powerful specifications of a 159cc OHV engine. It comes with an auto choke that has a recoil start which starts up quickly and easily. You don’t have to make use of the primer before starting it.
Many users prefer the engine because it can mow tall grasses within a short period. A noticeable downside of the lawn mower is that it is quite noisy. You have to use hearing protection while using the mower.
Ease of use
The wheels are made with zag treading to enhance easy and smooth maneuverability. In addition, the start-up process is quick and easy. With the adjustment levers, you can easily operate the mower on your lawn. Some users found it easy to assemble. You don’t need to hire an expert to assist you with its assembly.
One of its downsides is its non-inclusion of the paddled handle. You might experience a little pain while mowing for a long time on rough terrains.
The self-propelled mower runs on a 159cc OHV engine which can drive the blade under the 21-inch cutting deck. The cutting blade enhances a nice and smooth trim on your lawn. The dual adjustment lever enables you to adjust the cut between 1.25-3.75 inches to give your lawn the perfect cut.
The size of the cutting deck is only suitable for smaller yards and it performs well on even and uneven terrains. One of the flaws of this lawn mower is its unsuitability on large and wet lawns.
Price and Warranty
The Craftsman M215 is reasonably priced. It comes with a two-year limited warranty. It is important to note that the warranty does not cover normal wear and tear parts, damages caused by improper maintenance, or issues from using non-compatible parts or fuel.
The Craftsman M215 self-propelled mower comes with a 3-in-1 option. You can mulch, bag or side discharge bag clippings. The mulching feature will restore nutrients to the soil while the rear bags will collect grass clippings for easy cleanup.
The wheels enhance an improved mowing operation on even and uneven grounds. The automatic choke with smooth recoil enhances an easier start than several lawn mowers in its category.
It is equipped with standard safety hand controls to prevent personal injuries. The dust control system reduces dust and pollen that might cause eye irritation.
Apart from a few drawbacks, the Craftsman M215 is a solid lawn mower with its unique design, cutting power and performance on uneven terrains and tall grass.
If you are looking for a cheap and efficient lawn mower that can cover your small yard, the Craftsman M215 might be a good fit.
Craftsman M215 Lawn Mower
- Mower Type: Self Propelled
- Maximum cutting height: 3.75 inches
- Cutting width: 21 inches
- Warranty: 2 years
- Power Source: Gas
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the Craftsman M215 come with a grass bag?
Yes, it is equipped with a grass bag.
What do I need to assemble with this mower?
You just need to assemble the handles and grass bag
Is the front-drive belt covered?
Yes, it is covered.
How high can the mower cut?
It has a maximum cutting height of 3.25 inches.
Is there an attachment for side discharge?
Yes, there is a side discharge chute that is held in place by the mulch cover.
Does it come with a side dish charger?
Yes, it comes with an attachment that easily connects to the side dish charger
- Check the air cleaner after each use.
- Replace air cleaner annually.
- Change engine oil after 50 hours of operation
- Replace spark plug every year.
- Lube pivots and wheels with light oil.
- Clean the mower after use.
- Clean the underside of the mower deck once a season to prevent the build-up of grass clippings or other debris.
- Sharpen the blades every year.