We spent 8.5 hours going through experts’ and real users’ reviews. Here is a summary of what they think:
12 Reasons to buy
- The craftsman M105 push lawn mower is easy to assemble. You don’t need to hire an expert to assist you in setting it up.
- It is quite easy to operate. It comes with an automatic choke system that makes it easy to start.
- The M105 gas mower comes with a two-year warranty.
- It requires less maintenance.
- The Craftsman M105 has a high-grade quality build-up.
- It enables easy and smooth maneuverability on lawns.
- The gas-powered lawnmower comes with a 3-in-1 option which provides mulching, side discharge, and bagging capabilities.
- It has a reliable and versatile engine that offers efficient cutting on lawns.
- The height adjustment feature adds to the flexibility of the lawn mower which makes mowing easier.
- It is lightweight which makes mowing a lot easier.
- The push lawn mower is not as noisy as many other gas-powered mowers out there.
- The Craftsman M105 push lawn mower performs well on tall grass.
4 Reasons NOT to buy
- The grass collection bag is small. You have to dump it several times, which can slow your mowing.
- It is difficult to push on wet grass due to its small wheels.
- Not suitable for large lawns.
- It is not efficient on slopes and inclines.
Craftsman M105 Product Specifications
|Feature:||Mulching, bagging, side discharge.|
|Cutting width:||18-21 Inch|
|Maximum cutting height:||3-3/4”|
|Minimum cutting height:||1-1/4”|
|Additional information:||Recoil start, auto choke system, Briggs and Stratton Engine, Readystart, Zag Threading.|
Craftsman M105 Review: Deep Dive
The Craftsman M105 has a liberty red colour body with a high-quality build-up. It has a cutting deck of 21 inches which allows users to side discharge, mulch or rear bag clippings.
The adjustable loop handle is designed for convenient handling while mowing. The drawback of the lawn mower is its small wheels which make it difficult to push in wet grass.
The push lawn mower outperforms other lawn mowers because it is not heavy to push. Its lightweight design enhances easy and smooth maneuverability while mowing on average yards. In addition, it comes with a height adjustment feature which makes cutting easier.
The Craftsman M105 provides mid-range power output, with specifications of a robust Briggs & Stratton 140cc 4-stroke engine. Many users prefer the engine because it performs well on tall grass. It is capable of mowing an average yard within thirty minutes. In addition, the lawn mower produces a low-level noise emission.
The Craftsman M105 comes with an automatic choke system. This feature saves you the stress of pushing a primer bulb before starting it.
The craftsman M 105 comes with the 140cc Briggs and Stratton engine which can drive the blades under a 21-inch cutting deck.
The cutting blade enhances an efficient cut on your lawn. It is equipped with height adjustment levers that enable you to adjust the cut between six different heights from 1.25-3.75 inches for a smooth and fine cut.
Due to the size of the cutting deck, the mower is more suitable for small or medium-sized gardens and it performs better on a flat garden than slopes and hills. One of the drawbacks of the mower is its unsuitability on large and wet lawns.
Ease of use
The gas-powered lawn mower is easy to operate. The handles are built to fold down neatly for compact storage. The adjustable loop handle enhances comfort while mowing. With the two-lever height adjustments, you can easily operate the mower on your lawn.
Price and Warranty
The Craftsman M105 push lawn mower is inexpensive compared to other lawn mowers in its category. It comes with two-year limited warranty service. It is important to note that this warranty expressly excludes problems with parts that deteriorate with repeated use. This includes mower blades and spark plugs.
The gas-powered mower comes with a 3-in-1 option. You can side discharge, bag or mulch. This feature helps keep your lawn clean. It comes with an auto choke ignition system which makes it easy for the mower to start.
The rear bags collect grass clippings for easy cleanup and prevent fatigue while mowing. In addition, the lawn mower’s folding handles allow for convenient storage during the season. The front wheels 7” front and 8” wheels come with zig-zag threading which allows for easy and smooth maneuverability.
The Craftsman M105 supports a host of accessories such as grass catchers, side discharge, and mulch cover to increase the performance of the lawn mower. The mulching cover is used for mulching purposes. The Craftsman M105 is preferred by many users because it comes with these accessories, and not sold separately like many other mowers.
The Craftsman M105 comes with standard hand safety controls, and a blade control handle to prevent personal injuries from the rotating blades.
In addition, it comes with an efficient discharge cover which ensures the prevention of injuries from foreign objects that could be picked up by the blade. This is a missing piece for several lawn mowers
Based on feedback from several users, the Craftsman M105 is an ideal match for small and medium-sized yards. It combines its unique design, safety features, cutting power, and ease-of-use options to deliver a neat and nicely cut lawn.
Craftsman M105 140cc Gas Lawn Mower
- Power source: Gas.
- Cutting width: 21 Inches.
- Cutting height: 6 positions, ranging from 1.25 inches to 3.75 inches.
- Capabilities: Mulching, Bagging, Side Discharging.
- Warranty: 2 years.
- Weight: 72.0 pounds.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the craftsman M105 self-propelled?
No, it is a push mower
What type of oil do I need for the engine?
The recommended oil to use is 10W-30 motor oil.
What assembly is required?
It is just the mower’s handle and grass bag that needs assembly.
Does the mower arrive with oil?
Yes, it comes with oil.
Can the mower’s handle fold down?
Yes, the handles can easily fold down for storage.
What is the manufacturer’s warranty on this mower?
The Craftsman M105 push lawn mower comes with a two-year limited warranty.
Is the bagger optional?
Yes, it is optional.
What is the capacity of the gas tank?
The mower’s gas tank holds approximately a quart of gas.
- Replace the Craftsman M105’s spark plug annually.
- Clean the mower after each use.
- Always check the engine oil level after each use.
- Clean the underside of the mower deck once a season to prevent a build-up of grass clippings or other debris.
- Replace the air cleaner annually.
- Use a light oil to lubricate the pivot points on the blade control at least once a season.
- Check and tighten all fasteners regularly.
- Apply chassis grease to the mower’s cutting blade to keep it from rusting.