We have spent about 10 hours going through hundreds of Black and Decker MTE912 reviews from experts and users. Here’s a summary of what they think:
12 Reasons to Buy
- A larger number of users are impressed by the Black & Decker MTE912’s lightweight design, portability, and maneuverability.
- Most of the reviewers loved the mower’s ease of store because they can store the corded mowing machine in any convenient place in the home.
- They are also impressed by the mower’s string feeds that don’t tangle.
- Users commended the lawn mower’s cutting power supported by its 6.5amp motor.
- Most users also praised the mowing machine’s easy conversion from a trimmer to an edger.
- Most of the users are also impressed by the machine when it’s in trimming mode. Then, its shaft can be adjusted easily according to the user’s height and convenience.
- As a lightweight mowing machine, a good number of users claimed they can use the mower easily on slopes.
- It takes about 2 minutes to assemble the mower out of the box.
- Some users favour the mower over its competitors because it doesn’t use gasoline and there’s no need for them to charge batteries.
- Most users are also in love with the mower’s ability to handle uneven and rough terrains well.
- Unlike gas mowers that leave heavy marks on the lawn, the lightweight and portable Black & Decker MTE912 model doesn’t.
- everal users liked the multipurpose 3-in-1 mowing machine that saves them from the challenge of pushing a trimmer, mower, and edger since it performs these three functions.
3 Reasons NOT to Buy
- The plug that connects to the handle loses often and dislodges anytime. Many users were not pleased with this flaw.
- The mower isn’t suited for large lawns but for lawns that measure up to 1,200 square feet.
- As a corded mowing machine, users were limited to their electrical outlets or the length of their extension cord.
Black & Decker MTE912 Product Specifications
|Brand||Black & Decker.|
|Maximum Cutting Height||2-2/5”.|
|Minimum Cutting Height||1-2/3”.|
|Features||Rear Discharge, Electric Start, Side Discharge.|
|Power Source||Corded Electric.|
|Cutting Width||Up to 13 Inch.|
|Additional Info||Gear Drive Transmission, Automatic Feed System (AFS), Foot Pedal Release.|
Black and Decker MTE912 Review: Deep Dive
The lightweight design notwithstanding, the Black & Decker MTE 912 model is fully equipped with features that boost its cutting power. Thanks to its 6.5 amp motor, the mower boasts of raw cutting ability that enables users to mow and edge different grass types with ease.
The corded Black & Decker MTE912 model has a moderate cutting area capacity. It is designed to cut up to 1,200 square feet with ease. If you use it to mow a lawn bigger than that, it will do a poor job. So, homeowners with large lawns should consider other options.
Range and Height Adjustment
With a minimum and maximum cutting heights of 1-2/3” and 2-2/5” respectively, this model offers some height adjustment options that enable users to choose their preferred working height to make mowing stress-free.
The corded electric mowing machine is environmentally friendly, thanks to its low noise level. Users had zero worries over using the mower at any hour of the day.
Smooth operation is the hallmark of the pushed corded electric mowing machine. Aside from its lightweight design that supports ease of movement while mowing your lawn, it works quietly too. Hence, obstacles and noise pollution pose no threat for users.
Corded electric lawn mowers are generally easy to maintain. These mowing machines don’t use gas or fuel and thus, users have zero worries over purchasing either of them for its maintenance. Hence, keeping the machine in prime condition is cheap and stress-free.
Users are advised to remove dirt by cleaning the blades immediately after use. Hose the deck to clean it as well. These are just what you need to leave your mower in the best condition after each use.
The corded Black & Decker MTE912 model is one of the easiest mowing machines to assemble. It will only take a couple of minutes to get everything set up out of the box. So, owners don’t need the services of a professional technician to put the parts together for the first mowing session.
Storing this mower won’t be a challenge. Thanks to its lightweight design, users can store the mowing machine in any convenient place. More so, as a 3-in-1 mower, it occupies less space than storing three devices: a mower, trimmer, and edger.
The vast majority of the corded electric Black & Decker MTE912 users were satisfied with the mower’s overall performance. They appreciated its modular design, versatility, affordability, and ease of use. Granted, the multipurpose mower can’t handle large lawns, it’s nevertheless a great option for small and medium-sized lawns.
Its smooth and quiet operation also endears the corded electric lawn mower to most homeowners who appreciate the ease of mowing their lawns effortlessly and noiselessly. Overall, while the mower has some weaknesses, it’s still a great option for individuals who need an affordable and yet efficient mowing machine.
Black & Decker MTE912 Lawn Mower
- Minimum Cutting Height: 1-2/3”.
- Mower Type: Push.
- Weight: 13.1 pounds.
- Warranty: 3 years.
- Power Source: Corded Electric.
- Cutting Width: Up to 13 Inch.
Frequently Asked Questions
What else does the mower do aside from mowing?
The multipurpose Black & Decker MTE912 can also edge and trim well in addition to being a great mowing machine.
Can it cut without leaving visible tracks?
The corded electric Black & Decker MTE912 doesn’t leave visible tracks.
Is the Black & Decker MTE912 waterproof?
The corded electric mower isn’t waterproof. Hence, don’t leave it in the rain or any other source of water.
Does the mowing machine come with a power cord?
No, it doesn’t come with a power cord.
How heavy is the lawn mower?
The lawn mower is lightweight, weighing a little over 13 pounds.
- Always remember that the mowing machine isn’t a vacuum and shouldn’t be used as one. So, don’t mow in different directions but in one direction without changing your pace or stopping to ensure that you get an even and clean cut.
- When cleaning the mowing machine, detach its trimmer from the base and hose the deck to remove dirt.
- The mower doesn’t come with an extension cord. Users are advised to purchase a bright color extension cord to avoid tripping on the mower when mowing.