Black and Decker MTC220 Review
We spent over 8 hours looking through several Black and Decker MTC220 reviews from homeowners and experts. Here’s a summary of what most of them think:
10 Reasons to Buy
- Many homeowners appreciate the mower’s lightweight design that makes it useful in tight spots as they can easily find their way around the obstacles with the mowing machine unlike when mowing with bigger models.
- The Black & Decker MTC220 uses batteries that are compatible with other models from the same manufacturer. Hence, if you already have other models or intend to purchase them in the future, your battery worries are over.
- The MTC220 battery powered lawn mower is very powerful and cuts different types of grass very well to most homeowners’ delight.
- Another attractive feature is its smooth and silent operation, a deviation from the noisy and disturbing models that make mowing a chore.
- Made with durable blades, some users have tested the mower on rough terrains and are satisfied with its performance and durability.
- The compact and battery-powered Black & Decker electric lawn mower is very easy to use, clean, and store.
- The lawn mower’s adjustable handle and height are perfect for customization and guarantee a comfortable user experience.
- This quiet and compact Black & Decker mower’s 3-in-1 design is another attractive feature that allows users to perform three different functions: mowing, edging, and trimming. The beauty is that since you aren’t buying several tools for these roles, your maintenance cost is reduced considerably.
- Since the lawn mower is powered by electricity, it doesn’t produce pollutants such as fumes and what have you.
- The lawn mower is easy and cheap to maintain. Users appreciated the low maintenance cost since they don’t buy fuel or oil to keep it in good condition.
2 Reasons NOT to Buy
- The mower’s small blade implies that users have to make repeated passes over a lawn portion to do a good job. That’s unlike bigger mowing machines that need fewer passes for a thorough mowing.
- Many users have some reservations about its 2-year warranty while other brands and models offer up to 4-year warranty and support.
Black and Decker MTC220 Product Specifications
|Brand||Black & Decker.|
|Source of power||Battery.|
|Cutting width||13 inches and below.|
|Maximum cutting height||2-2/5”|
|Minimum cutting height||1-2/3”|
|Additional info||PowerDrive Transmission, Automatic Feed Spool, and Cordless Freedom.|
Black and Decker MTC220 Review: Deep Dive
The Black & Decker MTC220 offers incredible cutting power. A 20V lithium-ion battery powers the 3-in1 walk behind mowing machine and enables users to mow their lawn with ease. Thus, irrespective of the grass type and terrain, users can trust their lawn mower to do a great job.
The 20V battery powering the lawn mower is one of the members of the 20V Max battery System. It can be used interchangeably with other Black & Decker-compatible tools.
With its fast charging feature, you can charge a dead battery to 100% in about four hours. That’s aside from the spare battery that is included in the package to serve as a backup when charging the main battery. So, you can rest assured of completing a mowing session without waiting for long to recharge a dead battery.
The Black and Decker MTC220 cordless mowing machine does more than help users give their lawns a good cut. It can also serve as an edger and a trimmer.
Switching from one function to another isn’t challenging, thanks to the mower’s simple conversion process. So, you can perform different tasks with the machine without going through a rigorous exercise of converting the machine from one form to another to suit the intended purpose.
Unlike bulky mowers with a difficult operating process, the machine is lightweight and easy to use. So, while mowing your lawn, you won’t have to take regular breaks to rest from fatigue triggered by pushing a heavyweight machine.
In addition, it comes with an adjustable height and pivoting handle, two features that allow users to customize the machine for their comfort of use. Thus, the machine makes keeping your lawn in good condition stress-free and more comfortable.
The mower comes with a PowerDrive transmission that allows it to plough through weeds and heavier grass. Thanks to the transmission, the mower won’t slow down or stop when mowing through heavier grass and weeds.
You don’t have to break the bank or your back to keep the Black & Decker MTC220 mower in perfect condition.
Since it is battery-powered and not gas-powered, simply clean the machine immediately when you are done mowing for the day and store it well. That’s all about its maintenance unlike gas lawn mowers that require extensive and more time-consuming cleaning routines.
Users are unanimous about the Black & Decker MTC220 lawn mower: it’s an efficient, fumeless, quiet, and powerful mowing machine. The Black & Decker MTC220’s versatility is one of its selling points. It can easily switch from a trimmer to an edger in no time.
In terms of cutting quality and power, the mower can cut through different grasses and rough terrains with ease. The MTC220 is easily one of the best cordless lawn mowers on the market. If you love the idea of a mower that can work as a trimmer and edger, the MTC220 might just be for you.
Black & Decker MTC220 Lawn Mower
- Mower type: Push.
- Source of power: Battery.
- Weight: 14.4 pounds.
- Cutting width: 13 inches and below.
- Maximum cutting height: 2-2/5”
- Warranty: 2 years.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the mower work on slopes?
This lightweight mower can mower on steep slopes and other terrains easily.
Does it have a guide wheel for switching?
The Black & Decker MTC220 doesn’t have a guide wheel for switching. However, its lightweight comes in handy as it ensures that you can switch to edging effortlessly.
Does the Black & Decker lawn mower come with a charger?
Yes, the mower comes with a charger and two batteries. These two will always come in handy to ensure that the machine doesn’t run out of power when needed.
Does the MTC220 require an extension cord?
No, it doesn’t require an extension cord because it is battery-powered.
- Clean the mower properly after each use. Regular cleaning will prevent corrosion and keep it in sparkling condition. It also ensures the mower’s smooth conversion to edger and trimmer.
- You can manage the mower’s battery for small lawns. However, if the lawn is larger than 750 square feet, you can boost the battery’s runtime by purchasing a compatible 20V 4AH battery to supplement it.