We have spent over 8.5 hours reading through users’ and experts’ Black and Decker MM2000 reviews from different sources. Here’s a summary of what they think:
9 Reasons to Buy
- The mower comes with 7 height-adjustment settings that enable users to choose the right cutting height for convenient mowing.
- A larger section of users had only good words for the Black + Decker MM2000 corded electric mower for its impressive power, cutting and mulching ability.
- Most users appreciated the ease of assembly since the machine was assembled before packaging, except for the handlebars that users had to attach themselves.
- The corded electric Black & Decker MM2000 is lightweight and easy to push, one of the reasons why many homeowners love it.
- The mower’s 20-inch cutting width helps users cover a large portion in no time and thus saves their time.
- A significant portion of users praised the multipurpose lawn mower for its grass bag that is noticeably larger than other mowers’ bags and can thus accommodate more quantities of grass.
- The majority of users are pleased with the mower’s 13-amp motor.
- Aside from mowing, the 3-in-1 mowing machine offers mulching, bagging, and side discharging options, another feature that most users appreciate about the mower.
- Superior edge cutting is guaranteed by its 20-inch cutting path. Most users found this feature handy as it enabled them to cover a lot of ground faster than when using mowers with smaller cutting width.
2 Reasons NOT to buy
- Some reviewers were not happy with the poor quality of the hook connecting the handlebar and the starter cable. If the hook breaks during mowing, the mower will disconnect from the power outlet.
- It’s not the best for short people because the lowest handle setting is still too high for them.
Black and Decker Product Specifications
|Mower Brand||Black & Decker.|
|Power Source||Corded Electric.|
|Maximum Cutting Height||4”.|
|Minimum Cutting Height||1-1/2”.|
|Features||Bagging, Mulching, Side Discharge.|
|Cutting Width||18 to 21 Inch.|
|Additional Info||13 Gallon All Nylon Grass Collection Bag, EdgeMax Technology.|
Black and Decker MM2000 Review: Deep Dive
The Black & Decker MM2000 is equipped with a 21-inch blade that ensures that users can mow a large area of lawn effortlessly. Ably supported by a powerful battery, the mower has enough capacity to mow for long and cover about a third of an acre at a go.
Height and Range Adjustment
Users are not stuck with the mower’s default cutting height. You can choose from the wide range of supported cutting heights for a more convenient mowing experience. The mower offers a maximum cutting height and minimum cutting height of 1-1/2” and 4” respectively.
The noiseless electric corded Black & Decker MM2000 mower isn’t one of the mowing machines with maintenance issues. For a start, it uses neither fuel nor gas and thus doesn’t require either of them for maintenance, thereby promoting low-cost maintenance.
Aside from removing entangled grass from the blade, remove any dirt that may stain the blade and thus keep it in the best condition in preparation for the next mowing session.
To make the maintenance a lot easier, always check the mower for damaged parts. When you identify any, replace it immediately. Your swift response will not only prevent further damage to the mower, it will prolong its lifespan.
The mowing machine is equipped with a side discharge feature. That is in addition to the mulching and bagging options that allows users to get rid of mowed grass and keep their lawn as clean as possible after a mowing session.
The corded electric mower’s quiet operation is second to none. Unlike some mowers that raise noise pollution concerns and can’t be used at any hour of the day, the lightweight and efficient mowing machine is equally very quiet and comes in handy for use at a user’s convenience without worrying about noise reduction measures.
Maneuverability isn’t an issue with this mower. Aside from being lightweight, it is designed to mow effortlessly on different terrains. So, users don’t have to worry about mowing around obstacles or seemingly inaccessible places since they can have their way around such areas, thanks to the mower’s impressive manoeuvrability.
The Black & Decker MM2000 is unarguably one of the most popular mowing machines among homeowners as the impressive number of positive feedback from consumers showed. The mower boasts of great cutting power and doesn’t require expensive battery replacement, a major reason most users fell in love with it.
Although it has some weaknesses, the mowing machine’s ease of use, impressive cutting width, and low maintenance requirements are other reasons why it is popular among homeowners who appreciate a simple, affordable, easy-to-maintain, and efficient corded electric mower.
Black & Decker MM2000 Lawn Mower
- Mower type: Push.
- Power Source:Corded Electric.
- Maximum Cutting Height:4”.
- Weight:46.2 pounds.
- Features:Bagging, Mulching, Side Discharge.
- Cutting Width:18 to 21 Inch.
- Warranty:2 years.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I adjust the four wheels simultaneously?
Yes. The four wheels are designed in a way that you can adjust them simultaneously with just a lever.
Can the Black & Decker MM2000 lawn mower mulch leaves?
Yes, the mowing machine can mulch leaves. However, when you are mulching leaves with the mower, reduce your pace.
What material is the cutting deck made of?
Durable plastic is the raw material for the cutting deck.
Does the Black & Decker lawn mowing machine run on 110V or 220V?
The machine runs on a 110V power outlet.
Is the Black & Decker MM2000 model self-propelled?
No, the mower isn’t self-propelled. However, it is lightweight so you won’t have difficulty pushing it around.
- A common maintenance tip is to clean the mower by removing entangled grass from the blades and cleaning off dirt from the machine after each use.
- Before you start mowing, plot your mowing path. That makes mowing a lot easier for you and reduces stress on the machine.
- Unplug the mower when it’s not in use.
- When mowing, don’t mow towards the mower source so that you won’t mow over the extension cord.
- Since the mowing machine doesn’t come with a preinstalled extension cord, purchase a bright colored one, preferably an orange extension cord, so you can see the cord clearly while mowing.