If you want to change or sharpen your mower blades, carry out regular maintenance, or repair a damaged zero-turn mower, using a zero turn mower lift is essential.
Furthermore, a zero turn mower lift reduces the risks of damaging your mower and sustaining injuries.
In this article, after spending 8 hours researching different zero-turn mower lifts available on the market, we reveal top-rated zero turn mower lifts that you can buy with utmost confidence.
In a hurry? Check our top three recommendations:
Best Rated Zero Turn Mower Lift: Top 3 Picks
- Easy to use and assemble.
- Has an impressive lifting capacity of 750lbs.
- Unit folds compactly for easy transport and storage.
- The brake puller prevents the machine from collapsing suddenly.
- Easy operation with adjustable lifting height.
- Hydraulic device enables you to lift your machine to 24 inches in height.
- Non-Lift pedal allows effortless lifting of load.
- Easily maneuverable and adjustable for a variety of machines.
- Rubber padded platform prevents scratching.
1. MoJack MJPRO 750-Pound Lift, Black
The MoJack MJPRO can lift almost every riding mower to 28 inches with an outside front wheel measurement of 31.5-62.5 inches.
- It is sturdy, durable and easy to use.
- The unit can be folded for easy transport and storage.
- The MoJack MJPro zero-turn lift is suitable for debris removal, blade sharpening and belt replacement.
- The mower lift needs constant lubrication.
- The paintwork may have some scratches.
The zero-turn mower lift allows you to safely change the blades and perform regular maintenance tasks.
It is sturdy, easy to use and assemble. It is also well-liked for its durability and maneuverability. The zero-turn mower lift has a lifting capacity of 750lbs.
It is perfect for blade sharpening, debris removal and belt replacement. The unit folds up for easy transport and storage.
2. Pro Lift T-5305 Lawn Mower Lift with Hydraulic Jack for Zero Turn Lawn Mowers
The zero-turn mower lift has a lifting capacity of 500 lbs.
It has the ability to lift 26- ½ inches from the ground to the wheel saddle to give you enough space to do the necessary maintenance of your lawn mower (like oil change, cleaning debris and blade works).
- The Pro Lift T- 5305 mower lift has a non-slip foot pedal for an effortless lifting of load.
- The mower lift provides enough space to perform necessary maintenance tasks.
- The Pro lift T-3505 model is easy to lift and lower.
- Some users complained that the wheel holders are substandard.
- A user complained about dents and bent parts.
Its adjustable wheel span makes it easy to fit most riding mowers, ATVs, garden tractors.
The non-slip foot pedal enables effortless lifting of the load while its rubber padded platform protects the machine and prevents scratching.
3. Pro Lift T-5335A Lawn Mower Lift
The lawn mower lift comes with a non-slip foot pedal which enables effortless lifting of the load.
The machine is highly maneuverable and adjustable to fit into a wide range of mowers. Its rubber padded platform protects the machine and prevents scratching.
- The zero-turn mower lift is easy to use and assemble.
- It comes with an extended handle for easy positioning.
- The easy-to-use foot pedal ensures precise lifting.
- The lawn mower can slip easier than expected.
- Tilted brackets may allow the mower to roll off.
The Pro Lift T-5335A has enough capacity to handle mowers with a wheel span of 40-3/4 and 49-3/8 inches. In addition, it can lift to 350lbs at 23 inches high.
It is lightweight, reliable, dependable and easy to use. The lawn mower lift has an extended handle for easy positioning and a locking mechanism to enhance improved safety
4. Cat 3 Ton Big Wheel Off Road Hybrid Jack, Vehicle Lift
The Cat 3 hybrid jack comes with large wheels for easy maneuverability on any surface. The lawn mower lift is easy to handle and position.
- Its durable side lift design makes it easy for you to change the blades of your machine.
- The zero-turn mower lift does not require pumping a jack handle.
- The dual locking device ensures additional security.
- The Cat Ton Big Wheel hybrid jack is easy to handle and position.
- The zero-turn lift is a bit bulky
It has a bottom skid plate to keep the jack stable and level on soft surfaces such as gravel or sand.
It can handle a capacity of 3 Ton and has a lift range of 6-21.5 inches. Its side lift design makes it easy for homeowners to change the mower blades comfortably.
5. MoJack EZ Max, 450lb Lifting Capacity
The MoJack EZ Max mower lift offers a safe method to lift your zero-turn mower or garden/lawn tractor.
- The patented design makes it easy to assemble and use.
- It is suitable for blade sharpening, debris removal and repairs
- The zero-turn mower lift is reliable and inexpensive.
- It might be a bit difficult to lower the lift.
- Some parts might be a bit flimsy.
It folds flat for easy and compact storage and its patented design makes it easy to use and assemble.
The lawn mower lift is perfect for belt replacement, blade sharpening, debris removal, and repairs. It has a lifting capacity of 450lbs and an excellent lifting height of 24-inches high.
Its wheel span measures 18.5-47.5 inches to fit most zero-turn mowers and residential tractors. In case you want to lift your machine, you can also use the handle craft for manual lift.
6. MoJack MJ750XT Riding Mower Lift, 750lb Capacity, Black
The MoJack MJ750XT model can fit into any lawn tractor zero-turn riding mower. It has a lifting height of 25 inches and a lifting capacity of 750lbs.
- The MoJack MJ750XT is equipped with a safety-lock pin system and a screw Jack to prevent the mower from slipping while handling repair and maintenance tasks.
- It can be folded for easy and compact storage.
- Suitable for debris removal, blade replacement and blade sharpening.
- A user complained about its poor-quality control
- Some users had issues with its assembly.
It can be easily lifted with one hand or a power drill and can fold flat for easy and compact storage.
The zero-turn lawn mower lift is sturdy and easy to use. It is suitable for debris removal, blade sharpening and belt replacement.
7. Goplus Lawn Mower Lift with Hydraulic Jack, 500-lb Riding Mower Lift
The Goplus lawn mower lift comes with a sturdy frame that provides 500-lb carrying capacity. Its hydraulic device enables you to lift your machine to 24 inches in height with ease.
- The parts are easy to assemble.
- The riding mower lift can be easily folded for easy storage.
- The brake puller acts as a safety feature to prevent the machine from collapsing during maintenance.
- Quite heavy.
Its lifting height can be adjusted to three heights to suit your preferences. The lawn mower lift comes with a brake puller to prevent the mower from collapsing during maintenance.
The zero-turn mower lift can be folded to facilitate easy and compact storage. The parts are also easy to assemble.
8. MoJack Craftsman 45099 Lift-500 lb Lifting Capacity
The MoJack 45099 has a lifting capacity of 500 lbs and a lifting height of 24 inches. It is also sturdy and easy to use.
- The MoJack Craftsman 45099 is sturdy and easy to use.
- It works well for routine maintenance.
- The clutch system ensures the right amount of torque when lifting the machine.
- It takes time to disassemble or reassemble.
- It is a bit difficult to lower.
The zero-turn mower lift is equipped with a clutch system to provide the correct amount of torque when lifting heavy or light-duty lawn mowers or tractors.
A user commented that the lift is a great tool for riding mower routine maintenance.
When it comes to efficiency, sturdiness and optimal lifting capacity, the MoJack MJPRO 750-Pound Lift is our number #1 pick.
It allows you to safely and efficiently change the lawn mower blades and perform routine maintenance. The zero-turn mower lift is well-liked for its durability and easy assembly.
It is also ideal for blade sharpening, debris removal, and belt replacement. The unit folds up for easy transport and storage.
How To Jack Up Zero-Turn Lawn Mowers
- Park your machine on a hard-level surface and set the parking brake. After that, turn the ignition key to the “off” position.
- Raise the cutting deck to the highest position and slide the jack under the front of the deck, directly in the middle.
- Raise the jack until the front of the zero-turn mower is approximately two feet off the ground and slide it under each side of the mowing deck. Lower the jack until the lawn mower rests on the jack stands.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Lawn Mower Lift
If you are in the market for a sturdy and easy-to-use lawn mower lift for your routine maintenance, there are factors to consider that will enable you to make the right choice. Here are some of them:
The first step to take is to know the type of riding lawn mower lift that you need. The four categories include:
This lawn mower lift has a lever that will enable you to raise the mower manually. They are most suitabled for smaller machines, small ATVs, entry-level riding mowers and heavy-duty push lawn mowers.
Scissors lifts are not ideal for zero-turn lawn mowers.
Drill-turned lifts are built for heavier machines and they can easily lift up to 750lbs. They may or may not have a hand lever but a power drill can be used to elevate or spin them.
Furthermore, drill-turned lifts are easier to use than scissor lifts.
Pneumatic lifts are reliable but are costly. They rely on the power provided by an air compressor.
This type of lift also demands minimal intervention from your side when lowering or lifting the load.
Hydraulic lifts are ideal for raising ATVs, small garden tractors and heavy riding mowers.
Due to their method of operation, these units provide control when lowering the load.
Lift and Wheel Span Capacity
Ensure that you check the lift and wheel span capacity before buying a lawn mower lift.
The first one shows the maximum weight that the mower lift can raise securely. Based on the mower’s size, you can also select from these lift capacities:
Perfect for push mowers, light-duty riding mowers and other lightweight lawn or gardening care tools.
Ideal for smaller zero-turn mowers, some residential lawn mowers and ATVs.
Suitable for almost all residential zero-turn mowers, riding mowers, ATVs, lawn tractors and other heavy equipment.
When examining the lift capacity, it is important to note that the lift can only raise the front of the machine.
On the other hand, it is advisable to check the wheel span capacity because the machine may lose balance and slide when raised if the wheels are not well centered on the lift’s pad.
You can choose from lifts with wheel span capacities ranging from 17.25-62.5 inches. This depends on the distance between the front wheels of your machine.
Before buying a lawn mower lift, make sure that you look for safety features such as an arm locking mechanism to prevent the risk of arm slippage when raised, and rubberized pads to improve the grip on the mower’s wheels.
Most lawn mower lift models have enough capacity to lift the front of the mowing machine at a height that ranges from 20 to 28 inches.
A higher lifting means that you will be able to have an extensive view of the mower deck and sharpening/changing of mower blades.
Raising it a bit higher will also make routine maintenance easier.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does my Lawn Mower Lift Need Maintenance?
Yes, your lawn mower lift needs maintenance. The mechanical unit needs periodical lubrication while the hydraulic ones demand that you check the pressure and fluid level regularly.
It is advisable to follow the instructions in the manual before performing maintenance tasks on it.
What is The Difference Between a Mechanical and Hydraulic Lawn Mower Lift?
The difference is that a mechanical lift uses a power drill or lever to raise the load while a hydraulic lift uses fluid pressure for the same purpose.
In addition, hydraulic lifts are easier to use than their mechanical counterparts.
Do I Really Need a Mower Lift?
You can get a lawn mower lift if you want to carry out mower maintenance on your own. It is easier and safer to use it.
How is The Wheel Span Measured?
The easiest way to do this is to measure the distance between the center of the front and rear wheels. Just get a tape measure to measure the length between the front wheels and the two rear wheels.