Wearing protective gear while working in your yard is one of the most important safety precautions to observe. If you are working with a weed eater, then you will need a durable weed eater helmet and leg protector.
Not sure of what exactly to buy? Don’t worry, we got you.
In this article, we talk about best weed eater face shields that offer maximum protection and meet industry-standard safety requirements.
Best Face Shields for Weed Eating: Top 3 Picks
- Maximum protection & comfort.
- Reduces environmental noise
- Steel visor provides needed protection against flying debris and particles.
- Multipurpose 5-in-1 face shield for weed eating.
- Dial knob makes it adjustable.
- Certified by ANSI and CE.
- Lightweight and durable.
- Adjustable visors offer optimum protection.
- Earmuffs are efficient ear protectors.
1. NoCry 6-in-1 Industrial Weed Wacker Helmet
The NoCry 6-in-1 Industrial weed wacker Helmet is equipped with a metal mesh visor to guard you against flying debris, and a polycarbonate face shield that provides an extra layer of eye protection.
- NoCry 6-in-1 Industrial Safety Helmet has six adjustment positions for all classes of users.
- It is rated and approved by CE and ANSI.
- It is lightweight and convenient to use.
- The face shield may not work with worktunes.
Its pair of adjustable 25.9 dB SNR earmuffs protect your hearing by reducing the impact of noise from your environment when you’re whacking weeds.
The lightweight hard hat protects users against injury that may result from using a weed trimmer and other lawn maintenance tools such as a hedge trimmer, chainsaw, and shrub trimmer that require eye, face, head, and ear protection while using them.
The CE and ANSI-approved face shield for weed eating is adjustable and works for everyone. You can set the NoCry 6-in-1 Industrial Safety Helmet’s visor at different depth positions and angles, depending on your size, to protect your face while using a weed eater.
2. TR Industrial Forestry Safety Helmet and Hearing Protection System
The 5-in-1 weed wacker face shield is fully equipped with a helmet, plastic face glasses, adjustable earmuffs, and a mesh visor to protect you while using weed wackers, chainsaws, and brush cutters.
- The 26-pounds safety shield is convenient to use.
- The weed wacker face shield is made of recyclable material.
- Too flimsy head strap.
Thanks to its dial knob, you can adjust the TR Industrial Forestry Safety Helmet and Hearing Protection System’s circumference to 53-62 centimeters or 20-24.5 inches, any settings that will increase your overall comfort when using the face shield.
The CE and ANSI-approved grass trimmer face protection is lightweight and comes with plastic visors and interchangeable mesh to protect your face from flying objects such as debris, pebbles, broken rocks, and other harmful objects that may cause eye injuries if they hit your eyes.
3. Husqvarna Forest Helmet Technical Weed Wacker Face Shield
The Husqvarna Helmet with Ratchet 5886460001 is a lightweight and sturdy weed eater protective gear with ear protection to protect your head and face from dangerous flying objects while cutting your lawn.
- The Husqvarna Technical Forest Helmet with Ratchet 5886460001 is adjustable.
- It is a light and comfortable face shield for yard work.
- The face shield doesn’t interfere with visibility.
- The ear protection pieces may fall off occasionally.
The helmet’s innovative ventilation system regulates the internal temperature and keeps your head comfortable, regardless of the external temperature.
While the Husqvarna Technical Forest Helmet with Ratchet 5886460001’s visor protects your face, it doesn’t blur your vision. It offers you perfect visibility regardless of whether you fold it up or down.
4. Husqvarna 592752601 Face Shield for Yard Work
The Husqvarna 592752601 Forest Head Protection Helmet, Orange, is a great face shield for weed eating with slip ratchet adjustment and an adjustable 6-point suspension system, features that make it a one-size-fits-all category of users.
- The string trimmer face shield has an impressive sweat absorption capability.
- Its Hi-viz orange color improves visibility.
- It is made of High Density Poly Ethylene (HDPE) and wire mesh for durability.
- Poorly-written instructions.
The weed eater comes with a face visor for maximum protection from injuries that may arise from flying debris and other harmful hard objects while its 25db NRR hearing protectors shield you from environmental noise.
The ISEA/ANSI certified face shield for weed whacking is also equipped with a rain neck protector and rain shield to keep you dry while its cotton core sweatband with a porous coating is specifically designed for heat absorption.
5. Stihl Face Shield For Weed Eating 7010-871-0199 ProMark Forestry Helmet System
Designed to protect the head from injuries that may arise while cutting your lawn, the Stihl 7010-871-0199 ProMark Forestry Helmet System is equipped with a six-point suspension system to leverage its shock-absorbing property for overall comfort.
- The grass cutting helmet is ANSI certified for meeting industry-standard requirements.
- Thanks to its six-point suspension system, you’ll be comfortable using the face shield.
- The stihl face shield’s low earmuffs shut out disturbing noise.
- It is one of the most expensive string trimmer face shields out there.
The face shield’s NRR 25 earmuffs protect your hearing by blocking out disturbing noise from engine and tool sounds. Its visor, made of durable steel mesh full-face screen, shields your face from flying objects and debris that may hurt you and cause serious injuries if they hit you in the face.
The top-rated face shield for grass cutting is certified by ANSI for meeting the regulatory agency’s Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 25dB, earmuffs (ANSI S3.19-1974), hardhat (ANSI Z89.1:2009), and visor (ANSI Z87.1-2003) requirements.
Our number #1 recommended weed eater face shield is the Stihl 7010-871-0199 face guard. It offers maximum protection for the ear and eye, and can be fully adjustable to fit anyone.
The top-rated face shield for weed trimming is approved by ANSI and CE can protect you from sawdust from chainsaws and other debris from other yard tools.
While there are a lot of complaints about other products’ visors falling down, the Stihl 7010-871-0199 face shield visor locks down, locks halfway up, and locks in the fully open position. You can learn more about the benefits of face shield for weed eater.
Weed Eater Safety Tips
When using a string trimmer, there are several ways you can safeguard yourself besides using protective goggles. Some safety precautions you should take are:
- Protect your hands by wearing work gloves.
- Don’t wear an open shoe but one with a toe cap to protect you from foot injuries. The shoe must also have good traction that will prevent you from slipping.
- Check the weed wacker’s parts and make sure that it is in good condition before turning it on. If you notice damaged or worn-out parts, fix or replace them immediately.
- If you’re working close to home, don’t allow people to come too close to you. Keep everyone at a safe distance of a minimum of 30 feet away from you so you won’t accidentally injure them with flying debris.
- To protect your arms, skin, and legs from danger or injuries, it’s advisable to wear long sleeves and pants. Tight-fitting clothing is recommended because loose clothing may be caught up in the eater’s moving parts, thereby endangering your life. Ensure you get top-quality safeshield for weed trimmers.
- To avoid dangerous accidental start-ups when repairing the weed wacker, switch it off and disconnect its start plug.