Tractor grease extends tractor life, reduces friction and heat, prevents corrosion, and minimizes wear and tear.
To keep your tractor performing at an optimal level, you need to get suitable grease for the lawn tractor.
We have researched different brands and types of tractor grease and we reveal the long-lasting tractor grease available on the market right now.
In a hurry? Check our top three recommendations:
Best Tractor Grease: Top 3
- Provides good oxidation and corrosion resistance
- Designed to withstand extreme temperatures.
- Ensures extreme pressure protection.
- Offers remarkable performance in a wide range of operating conditions.
- Helps to maximize service life.
- Dyed red for easy identification
- Contains rust and oxidation inhibitors.
- Easy to apply.
- Offers excellent mechanical stability.
1. Red Line 80402 Synthetic Grease
The Red Line grease is designed to withstand extreme temperatures. The tractor grease also provides good oxidation and corrosion resistance.
- The Red Line 80402 grease provides good oxidation and corrosion resistance
- The tractor grease can withstand extreme temperatures.
- It offers extreme-pressure protection and water resistance.
- No drawback is worthy of note.
Some users commented that the grease works well for CV joints, U joints, and telescopic drive shafts.
It is ideal for temperatures that range from -100-degree F to 500 degrees F. It can also increase the bearing life from 200 percent to 800 percent.
2. Lucas Oil Red N Tacky Grease
The tractor grease contains oxidation and rust inhibitors and it is water-resistant. It enhances excellent mechanical stability and long storage life.
- The tractor grease provides mechanical stability and long storage life
- It works well on wheel bearings, u joints and ball joints.
- It is easy to use
- The grease is also recommended for sliding surfaces.
- A user noted that the tube has bent rims.
- Some users complained that the grease leaked out of the grease gun
Furthermore, the Lucas red n tacky grease is easy to apply and can withstand heavy loads for a long time. This grease is perfect for Husqvarna MZ61 and other Husqvarna zero-turn mowers.
Some users commented that the tractor grease is sticky and can work well on ball joints, U joints, and wheel bearings
3. Valvoline Cerulean #2 Heavy-Duty (HD) Grease 14.1 OZ Cartridge
The Valvoline heavy-duty grease can be used in a wide range of extreme operating conditions and environments.
- The heavy-duty tractor grease is water-resistant and easy to use.
- It can withstand load stresses and extreme temperatures.
- The Valvoline tractor grease offers an outstanding value for your money.
- A user noted that the grease is overpriced for one tube.
It protects and lubricates your lawn equipment while withstanding load stresses.
The heavy-duty grease contains rust, corrosion, and oxidation inhibitors to ensure extended life performance.
The grease is dyed blue for easy identification. In addition, the Valvoline tractor grease is long-lasting and easy to use.
4. John Deere Original Equipment Grease # TY6341
The John Deere multi-purpose grease is suited for high temperature and extreme pressure applications for long periods of operation time.
- The John Deere grease works well on wheel bearings, suspension systems, and ball joints.
- It provides superb protection in wet and corrosive conditions.
- The tractor grease can perform well on extreme pressure applications.
- A user complained of poor packaging.
This grease is perfect for John Deere S100, John Deere Z345R, and other John Deere lawn tractors.
The John Deere tractor grease can lubricate and protect suspension systems, ball joints, wheel bearings, and anti-friction and plain bearings.
The SD Polyurea Grease is long-lasting and of good value.
5. John Deere Multi-Purpose HD Lithium Grease 1 Tube
This tractor grease is good for universal joints, wheel bearings, ball joints, and anti-friction plain bearings.
- The John Deere tractor grease is long-lasting and of good quality.
- It is a great fit for suspension systems, ball joints, and wheel bearings.
- The tractor grease protects against corrosion and oxidation.
- An owner complained about damaged tube.
It is ideal for high temperatures that range from -15 to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (-26 to 177 degrees Celsius).
6. Valvoline Crimson #2 Heavy-Duty (HD) Grease 14.1 OZ Cartridge
The Valvoline Crimson grease is formulated to withstand a wide range of extreme conditions and environments.
- The tractor grease offers outstanding value for your money.
- It is water-resistant, long-lasting, and easy to use.
- It has corrosion inhibitors to maximize service life.
- A user noted that the grease does not work well in a grease gun.
It offers excellent lubrication, lubrication, and protection. The tractor grease delivers incredible resistance to water washout.
It has corrosion and oxidation inhibitors to maximize service life.
The grease ensures maximum protection during heavy shock loading periods and it is dyed red for easy identification.
7. Kubota High-Performance Moly Lithium All-Purpose Equipment Grease
The tractor grease is suited for all automotive, industrial, agricultural, and fleet applications. It is water-resistant and works well on Kubota T1880, T2380, and other Kubota lawn tractors.
- The tractor grease provides superb protection against corrosion and rust.
- It offers stability at high temperatures
- The Kubota tractor grease is water-resistant and washout-resistant.
- It provides anti-wear performance on metal-on-metal applications.
- No drawback worthy of note.
In addition, it performs incredibly well on Kubota disc, sleeve and anti-friction bearings, wheel bearings, chassis, universal joints, and vibratory rollers.
8. Lucas X-Tra Lithium Grease
The tractor grease is formulated for automotive, agricultural, heavy-duty and industrial applications.
- The lithium grease is ideal for high-speed bearings.
- The Lucas X-Tra grease is waterproof and more stable.
- It is thick and long-lasting.
- Some owners commented that they received dented grease tubes
It is waterproof and more stable than several conventional lithium greases.
The Lucas X-Tra Lithium grease is most suited for high-speed bearings and lasts 4X longer than regular grease. It is ideal for Cub Cadet ZT2 50 and other Cub Cadet zero-turn mowers.
When it comes to high-temperature stability, good oxidation, and corrosion resistance, our top pick is the Red Line 80402 grease.
The grease is capable of withstanding extreme temperatures and works well for CV, U joints, and telescopic drive shafts.
Also, it can also increase the bearing life from 200 percent to 800 percent.
What are the Different Types of Grease for Tractors?
Calcium grease is ideal for industrial, automotive, industrial, and agricultural applications.
It has good corrosion protection, better water resistance, and excellent mechanical stability. This grease type is suited in lower temperatures.
Lithium grease is well-known for its stability, durability and high viscosity.
It provides exceptional protection against corrosion, oxidation and extreme temperatures.
Both lithium and lithium complex greases have good lubrication, and water resistance and can withstand high temperature and shock loads.
Aluminum Complex Grease
This grease is capable of withstanding extremely high temperatures, has superb water-resisting properties and offers great shear stability.
In addition, it helps to prevent oxidation, rust and corrosion.
Barium Complex Grease
Barium complex grease is well known for its good water tolerance, mechanical stability, great oxidation stability, and ability to withstand high speeds and heavy loads.
Bentone (Clay) Grease
This type of grease is developed from bentonite clay. It provides wear and tear protection, shear stability, exceptional water tolerance, and excellent adhesiveness.
Polyurea grease offers superb water resistance, prevents rust and corrosion, and ensures oxidation stability.
Furthermore, this grease is well-known for its versatility, durability, and high-temperature performance.
This type of grease is formulated by mixing soda with base oils and additives.
This mixture offers good rust protection, solid shear stability, and excellent lubrication.
It is commonly mixed with other greases. The downside is that sodium grease has poor oxidation stability and water resistance.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Grease for Your Tractor
If you are in the market for an ideal grease for your tractor, here are some factors that will help you make the right choice.
Here are a few of them:
Base oil represents the foundation of every lubricant and it is important to state that the type of base oil determines the overall performance of the grease.
The main types of base oil include synthetic, vegetable, and mineral oils.
Although synthetic oils are considered to provide optimal results in terms of good shear stability, performance, protection, weather, and temperature resistance.
Grease Consistency Grades
It is important to consider the consistency grade of grease before buying one.
The levels of softness or hardness range from NLGI 000 to NLGI 6. The NLGI 000 is fluid while the NLGI 6 is very hard.
It is not advisable to use the same grease type for all parts of a tractor. For instance, an NLGI 0 or lighter grease is perfect for a machine that comes with an auto lube system.
NLGI 2 is recommended for higher temperatures in the summer period while NLGI 1 or synthetic grease will enable your lawn equipment to function well during the winter period.
Waterproof And Resistant To Rust
It is advisable to get a grease that is waterproof and resistant to rust. This will ensure maximum performance on your tractor.
Frequently Asked Questions
What grease do you use for a Kubota tractor?
We recommend Kubota High-Performance Moly Lithium All-Purpose Equipment Grease for your Kubota tractor.
Is lithium grease a high-temperature grease?
Yes, it is capable of withstanding very high temperatures.
How long does lithium grease last?
Lithium grease lasts for up to twelve months.
What is the best grease to use on farm equipment?
We recommend that you use greases such as Red Line 80402 synthetic grease, Lucas Oil Red N Tacky grease, and Valvoline Crimson #2 (heavy duty) grease.