If you are in the market for a durable suspension seat for zero turn mower then you want to pay attention to this article. Getting a solid suspension seat can make operating your zero turn mower more comfortable and fun.
In this article, we reveal the long-lasting suspension seats for zero-turn mowers currently available on the market.
Ready? Let’s dive straight into it…
Best Suspension Seats for Zero Turn Mower: Top 3 Picks
- Easy to install and replace.
- Safety Protection.
- Ergonomic design.
- Universal Seat that fits many brands and models.
- Comes with a safety switch cavity.
- Multiple mounting patterns.
- Durable waterproof construction.
- A universal seat that fits many models of lawn mowers, tractors and golf carts.
- Multiple Mowing Patterns.
1. VEVOR Suspension Seat for Zero-Turn Lawn Mower
The VEVOR Suspension Seat is compatible with different models of mowers. You can adjust the armrests, backrest and headrest. It has internal steel plates which enhance durability.
- The VEVOR suspension seat has a seat belt as a safety feature to prevent you from possible accidents.
- The seat frame is produced with solid steel to extend the seat’s life span.
- It has a 3-level switch to reduce vibrations while mowing on rough terrains.
- The seats are equipped with armrest seats and headrest for extra comfort.
- It comes with an adjustable feature for easy use.
- People with short legs might struggle to reach the mower’s pedals.
The VEVOR Suspension Seat maintains its maximum load capacity of 287lbs. In addition, the angle of the backrest is about 115 degrees. It is equipped with shock-absorbing mechanisms and polyurethane foam to prevent shocks and vibrations.
It has a polished vinyl cover that acts as a resistance to high temperatures. The VEVOR suspension seat comes with a safety switch that automatically switches off when the driver stands up from the seat.
This product is easy to clean and install. Its ergonomic design enhances comfort while riding the mower. It comes with a 3-level switch to reduce vibrations while mowing on rough terrains.
2. Sunbelt Vinyl Universal Mount B1LGT100BL Seat
The Sunbelt black vinyl seat does not need modifications while installing it. This is because it comes with universal mounting holes. Its high backrest offers extra comfort and support for lower lumbar muscles.
- The sunbelt black vinyl seat comes with drain holes in case of intemperate weather or washing.
- It has a heavy-duty molded vinyl which makes the seat last longer.
- The suspension seat has multiple mounting patterns.
- It fits with models such as John Deere, Massey Ferguson etc.
- It is made of plastic material. Thus, it won’t be as sturdy and rugged as mower seats that are made with steel plates.
The padded leather cushion prevents fatigue and enhances a better mowing performance. The sunbelt black vinyl seat has multiple and varied mounting patterns. Its suspension seat kit accommodates an operator’s presence switch (OPS).
The Sunbelt black vinyl seat is lightweight, making it easy to lift while installing. It can be easily unmounted and stored for use. The sunbelt black vinyl seat can fit into your mower without any installation hassle. It takes about one hour to install this seat.
The seat pressure switch is well suitable for different brands of zero-turn mowers such as John Deere, Moline and so on. The suspension seat can be installed by turning it clockwise. It can also be removed by turning it anti-clock-wisely.
3. Al Products Deluxe Mower/Tractor Seat
The A1 Products Deluxe Mower/Tractor Seat comes in three different colors. It provides a solid construction for many seasons of comfortable riding. This suspension seat has a superb design that can be mounted on different brands of zero-turn mowers/tractors.
- A1 Products Deluxe Mower/Tractor seat is equipped with a lot of mounting holes for easy installation.
- The drain hole prevents water stagnation and provides air ventilation.
- It comes with adequate padding and cushioning that provides comfort.
- The ergonomic features of this suspension seat provide extra comfort and prevent fatigue.
- It lacks a seat adjustment feature
- Al Product deluxe mower/tractor seat does not have an Operation Presence Switch (OPS).
- It has a plastic body which might not be as durable as the steel frame.
The vinyl seat cover is waterproof. This protects the seat from harsh weather conditions such as snow or rainstorms. The bottom of the seal has a hole for draining. This will prevent water stagnation and allow for air ventilation. A1 Products Deluxe Mower/Tractor seat has a lot of mounting holes for easy installation. It takes one hour to install the seat.
4. Bestauto Universal Fold-down Forklift Adjustable Seat
The Bestauto Universal Fold-down Forklift Seat comes with high-quality PVC leather. It has an 18-inch seat (width and height). It withstands high temperatures and it is waterproof. The suspension seat is durable and cannot be out of shape easily.
- The Bestauto Universal Fold-down Forklift Seat has an adjustable range of 180 degrees which relieves you of stress, fatigue and back pain.
- It is equipped with an effective shock absorber to prevent excess vibrations while riding on rough terrains.
- It comes with a seat belt as a safety feature. This prevents you from accidents.
- The suspension seat comes with a high-rebound polyurethane foam which makes it more comfortable to sit.
- Some users complained that the armrests are too small.
The inner part of this universal suspension seat comes with a high-bound polyurethane foam which provides additional comfort while riding the zero-turn mower. The Bestauto Universal Fold-down forklift seat has an adjustable range of 180 degrees which relieves stress, fatigue and back pain.
Besides, it includes the seatbelt, armrests for safety and extra comfort. It is equipped with an effective shock absorber that reduces vibrations while riding on bumpy or rough terrains. In addition, it is easy to install.
The cushion seat is manufactured with vacuum foaming and a one-time shaping technique. The seat can also be easily removed or replaced.
5. Mophorn Universal Forklift Seat
The Mophorn Universal Forklift Seat comes with a sturdy and solid steel frame. It has a black body and a high-grade quality build-up. The suspension seat has a durable and resilient vinyl that prevents the seat from exposure to water and sun.
- The Mophorn Universal Forklift comes with a durable and sturdy steel frame.
- The seat provides extra comfort.
- It comes with a safety feature that prevents you from the likelihood of accidents.
- It provides mechanical lumbar support which prevents back pain.
- It is easy to install and replace the seat.
- It has a resilient vinyl that prevents constant exposure to water and the sun.
- Some users complained that the seat does not fold without removing the bolts.
The backhoe seat replacement has a retractable seat belt that prevents you from possible injuries during a collision. The seat is equipped with a back seat organizer where you can put some of the things that you use.
Mophorn Universal Forklift seat has a size of 22 inches and it provides comfort while mowing. It is quite easy to install and remove the seat. It comes with adjustable slide rails that are measured at 6.89 inches.
The seat provides lumbar support and helps to prevent fatigue and back pain while mowing. It can be installed on several zero-turn mowers, excavators, wheel loaders, tractors and so on. It has a gross weight of 27lbs.
The Mophorn Universal Forklift Seat fits into multiple applications that prevent the reduction of vibrations when you mow on rough terrains.
6. TRAC SEATS Yellow Suspension Tractor Seat
This TRAC suspension seat is suitable for garden tractors and zero-turn mowers. The exterior part has an attractive appearance that features a padded heavy-duty vinyl cover. It comes with a sturdy steel frame to enhance durability. In addition, it has multiple mounting holes for easy installation.
- The slide track position makes it easy to control
- The suspension seat comes with a five-year warranty.
- TRACS SEATS Yellow Suspension Tractor Seat is heat and water-resistant
- The sturdy steel frame is equipped with more pre-drilled mounting holes.
- It lacks a basic safe protection component like seat belts.
Apart from its sturdy construction, the mower’s seat can tilt in five different positions. It can also slide in a forward and backward position. TRAC SEATS Yellow Suspension Tractor seat has soft cushioning features which enhance comfortability. It aids a smoother ride, making mowing easier.
It comes with an extra lever that allows for height and distance adjustments. Its maximum weight capacity is measured at 265lbs, making it easy for operators to operate the mower irrespective of body size. Its seat suspension kit offers height and width suspension for a comfortable mowing operation.
This suspension seat is made of high-quality materials. This will provide lumbar support. It will prevent you from fatigue and back pain.
7. Black Talon Universal Folding Bucket Seat with Armrests
The Black Talon suspension seat features a heavy-duty vinyl cover and a sturdy steel frame to enhance durability and comfort. It has a foldable backseat for easy and compact storage. Its armrest can slide for maximum comfort. It has slotted slides with a maximum depth of 11 ¼ inches.
- The suspension seat has a long-lasting and sturdy steel frame which enhances long-term use.
- It comes with extra armrests, forward and backward levers to enhance comfortability.
- It has a foldable backseat for easy and compact storage.
- It is easy to install.
- It does not have a safety belt.
The seat comes with a lever that allows it to move forward or backward. This will enable you to adjust to any angle for comfort. The suspension seat comes with three-year warranty service. It has a forward and backward lever for easy adjustments.
The holes are 7 ½ inches wide and 8 inches long to accommodate several zero-turn mowers and tractors like the Husqvarna MZ61 and Husqvarna TS 354XD. The suspension seat of the black talon model moves back and forth. Its set screw operates at 1/2 -5/8 inches. It controls the movement of the armrests. It has slide travel of about 6 inches.
When it comes to durability, efficiency and versatility, The VEVOR Suspension Seat is our top pick. The suspension seat is shoulders above the rest. It is ergonomic, durable, and efficient.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Suspension Seat for your Zero-Turn Mower
This is one of the top things to evaluate before getting a suspension seat for your zero-turn mower. The construction of a seat’s frame depends on the quality of its materials.
The cushioning features of suspension seats vary on their materials. You have to consider the foldable armrests and reclining backrests.
You need to examine the safety features. For instance, a high-quality suspension seat should have an effective shock absorber that will prevent you from muscle sprains, strains and lower back injuries.
In addition, the suspension seat should have a back-to-seat surface that can be adjustable to at least 100 degrees.
How long can this suspension seat serve you? Durability is not a feature that should be compromised when it comes to zero turn mower suspension seats.You may want to look out for the metal or steel to consider if they are sturdy. The padding of suspension seats should be made with vinyl or textile covering to sustain friction.
Comfort and Size
The inclusion of cushioning and padding is very important. This will help prevent muscle fatigue and back pain.
You might need to consider the size of the suspension seat to check if it supports your size and body weight and it is large enough to provide comfort for the whole work.
Before you buy a suspension seat, check the compatibility and make measurements. Check if the design fits perfectly into your mower. The things that you should know while checking its compatibility include its height, width, and levels of seat suspension. You can as well check the diagrams of the bolt mountings and confirm if it is suitable for your zero-turn mower.
Budget is another thing you want to consider when shopping for a suspension seat. How much are you willing to spend? You want to go with a product that meets your requirements and fits into your budget.
Best Suspension Seat Kits for Zero-Turn Mowers
Black Talon Universal Folding Bucket Seat with Armrests
Trac SEATS seat suspension kit is constructed with steel. It is backed by a one-year warranty service. It is designed for several zero lawn mower brands such as John Deere, Kubota, Hustler, ZTrak.
For the suspension kit to work properly, your zero-turn mower must have sliding tracks. It has an item weight of 20 pounds. You have to measure this suspension kit to ensure if it is compatible with your mower.
You can check for the diagrams of these kits to confirm if it suits your mower’s seat. It has an adjustable lever that allows it to move forward and backward.
If your zero-turn mower does not have sliding tracks, you will need to fix ½-3/4” spacers for the suspension kit to function properly. You also need to check the seat safety switch before you can mount the suspension kit.
Rotary 12530 Air Ride Seats for Zero Turn Mowers and Tractors
The Rotary 12530 is an efficient and durable suspension kit suitable for only riding mowers and tractors. It comes with a sturdy 1/4 -inch steel. The Rotary 12530 fits into several zero-turn mowers such as Gravely Zero-Turn mowers, Ariens apex series, Ferris IS700 and Kubota Z421.
It has a smaller bolt pattern. To attach this kit to your seat, you have to use scraps of metals with holes drilled in them. These holes will mount between the seat’s sliding adjustment tracks and the seat shell.
The seat suspension kit enhances the operator’s comfort while using the equipment within a limited vertical space. It comes with easy controls which makes it simple to install. A user claimed that he used thirty minutes to install the suspension kit.
However, you must properly scrutinize instructions before you install.
How to Install A Suspension Seat Kit
Here are the tips in setting up suspension seat kits for zero turn mowers:
- Raise the seat of your mower. You may need to unbolt the underneath bolt before you can raise the seat.
- Disconnect the safety switch underneath.
- Install the base of the suspension kit underneath your seat.
- Fix the safety switch wire through the small hole of the suspension kit. Some brands might need a longer wire for it to fit in.
- You may need extra spacers to create space for the seat’s safety switch. This depends on the size of the seat.
- Ensure that you bolt the suspension kit to your seat.
- Re-connect the sliding tracks to the suspension kit with the bolts.
- Mount the tracks so that the levers do not interfere with the suspension.
- Fix the bolt into the slotted holes and tighten them.
- Mount the seat of the zero-turn mower with sliding tracks while you tighten the nuts.
- Reinstall the seat safety switch.
- You can now mount the suspension seat properly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can injuries result from using sub-standard suspension seats?
Yes, you can sustain injuries from using substandard suspension seats. You can experience shocks as a result of dips in the ground. Also, bumpy terrains can cause a strain and at the same time, affect your spine. Some sub-standard suspension seats do not have a good shock absorber and this can increase vibrations.
Apart from zero-turn mowers and tractors, what type of equipment uses suspension seats?
You can use suspension seats for forklifts, backhoes, golf carts. Others include wheel loaders, excavators, loaders.
Can I get a good suspension seat with a low budget?
Yes, you can still get a good suspension seat with a low budget if you look well enough.
Are the weight and ride-control features adjustable?
A good suspension seat ensures that both the weight and ride-control feature should be adjustable for operators. This will make them provide optimal performance while mowing.