Best Safety Glasses for Lawn Care
You probably already know that safety glasses protect your eyes from flying debris, harmful UV radiation and prevent liquids from splattering into your eyes. And that explains why you are looking to pick a pair or two.
In the market for durable and comfortable safety glasses for lawn care? Then you are going to love our top recommendations.
Top 3 Best Safety Glasses for Lawn Care on the Market
- Has a wrap-around design to enhance eye protection and unobstructed viewing.
- The anti-fog lens coating makes them suitable for humid environments.
- Lens tint designed for tasks that need frequent indoor/outdoor movement.
- Protects the eyes from 90-100 percent harmful UV radiation.
- Side and nose pieces to give a perfect fit.
- Double-coated and untinted lenses for better visibility.
- Easy to wear.
- Durable and lightweight.
1. 3M Safety Glasses, Virtua CCS
The 3M Virtua CCS safety glasses come with a foam gasket to help reduce one’s eye exposure to dust and other particles.
- The 3M Safety Glasses come with a foam gasket to help protect the eyes from dust and other particles.
- The safety mowing sunglasses are lightweight and flexible.
- The gasket features airflow vents for comfort and breathability.
- They are impact-resistant.
- They have limited sizes.
- The compatible earplugs are sold separately.
The 3M Virtua CCS safety glasses offer additional cushioning. The wrap-around design enhances extended eye protection while mowing.
The design also creates an unobstructed viewing. The lightweight and flexible glasses come with a unique temple design that keeps the eyewear and earplugs attached.
These safety glasses comply with the OSHA safety standards. The gasket has airflow vents for comfort and breathability.
The lenses come with a long-lasting anti-fog coating and a removable foam-lined gasket with airflow vents which make them perfect for use in damp or humid environments.
2. Dewalt DPG82-21C Anti-Fog Dual Mold Safety Goggles
The Dewalt DPG82-21C safety goggles have polycarbonate lenses which offer impact resistance from flying debris. They ensure protection from sun, dust particles, mists, grass and dirt.
- The Dewalt DPG82-21C safety goggles are scratch and impact resistant.
- They are breathable.
- The anti-fog safety glasses come with an adjustable cloth head strap to enhance comfort and proper fit.
- They come with a clip attachment for easy replacement of the lens.
- The large goggles might require greater storage space.
These mowing goggles come with a ventilation channel to increase breathability. The dual-injected rubber seal enables the safety glasses to fit your eyes comfortably.
The scratch-resistant Dewalt DPG82-21C glass has an adjustable cloth head strap that offers you a comfortable and adjustable fit. The Clip attachment offers an easy replacement of the lens.
3. Magid Y50BKAFC Iconic Y50 Best Safety Glasses for Weed Eating
The Magid Iconic Y50 safety glasses have a low base curve frame and clear side shields to ensure great peripheral vision and protection.
- The Magid Y50BKAFC comes with a low base curve frame and clear side shields to provide great peripheral vision and protection.
- They have a black nylon frame with temple pads to offer comfort.
- Magid safety glasses come with one pair per wiper case to make cleaning easy.
- The safety glasses enhance scratch resistance.
- They cannot fit all cases for safety glasses.
In addition, the Magid Iconic Y50 glasses have scratch-resistant hard coat polycarbonate lenses (in clear and grey) for long-lasting protection.
These safety glasses have a black nylon frame coupled with soft grey temple pads to enhance superior comfort. They are made of sturdy and durable construction.
The wiper case makes it easy to clean the glasses. It also makes the glasses smudge-free. They have a lightweight design.
4. NoCry Safety Glasses- Best Sunglasses for Landscaping
NoCry Safety Glasses protect the eyes from direct and peripheral threats. They come with sturdy and durable polycarbonate wraparound construction to enhance the protection of the eyes from 90-100 percent of UV radiation.
- The safety glasses come with a sturdy and durable polycarbonate wraparound construction to protect your eyes from direct and peripheral threats.
- They have double-coated and untinted lenses for better visibility.
- They are comfortable to wear and scratch-resistant.
- They do not come with a case.
The side and nose pieces can be adjusted to give you an ideal fit. The glasses will not slip irrespective of your head size or face type. They have double-coated and untinted lenses to ensure better visibility this will eliminate fogging.
They are suitable for several activities such as metal and construction work, woodworking and carpentry, dental work and so on. The NoCry Safety Glasses are lightweight and comfortable to wear.
5. Jackson Safety V30 47378 Nemesis Safety Glasses
Jackson Safety V30 47378 dust goggles for mowing are equipped with clear anti-fog lenses for suitability in cold, hot and humid environments.
- Jackson V30 safety glasses provide superior comfort.
- They have a lightweight design.
- The safety eyewear is made of polycarbonate lenses which provide 99.9 percent UVA/UVB/UVC protection.
- They have a wrap-around frame to extend the range of peripheral protection.
- Nothing worthy of note.
This safety gear meets the ANSI/ ISEA Z87.1 + standard for eye protection. Another cool thing is that these durable safety glasses have a lightweight construction.
They come with polycarbonate lenses which provide 99.9 percent UVA/UVB/UVC protection to help prevent the risk of eye damage and other conditions that might result in temporary vision loss.
The Jackson V30 47378 safety glasses enhance superior comfort. This product has a wrap-around frame to extend the range of peripheral protection, this is why many people love it.
The patented FLEX-DRY nose piece is flexible. It can also channel sweat away from the eyes. This feature helps to prevent slippage. They can be used for other functions such as gun shooting/ shooting range, construction and so on.
6. Safety Works 817691 Over Economical Safety Glasses
Safety Works 817691 safety glasses are made of durable and sturdy materials. They are easy to use. They offer great protection for your eyes while caring for your lawn.
- Safety Works 817691 glasses are impact resistant.
- They are budget-friendly.
- These safety glasses are comfortable and adjustable.
- They have a lightweight design.
- The safety glasses can protect your glasses from paint and scratching.
- The lenses are not tinted.
- They do not have a string around the neck when not in use.
These safety glasses are certified for ANSI Z87.1 standards. They can fit into most prescription lenses. They protect your eyes from dust, wood chips, grass and so on. They are affordable and easy to clean.
The Safety Works 817691 are vented to ensure breathability. They are scratch-resistant and fog-free. The brow guard offers extra protection from falling objects. They come with vented temples to enhance comfort.
7. Gateway Safety 6980 Cover2 Safety Glasses
Gateway Safety 6980 Cover2 safety glasses come with built-in side shields to enhance maximum impact coverage, this will give additional eye protection while lawn mowing.
- These safety glasses are ideal for general purpose and indoor applications.
- They have a lightweight design
- They come with soft and adjustable length temples to enhance additional comfort.
- They are equipped with side shields to enhance full impact coverage.
- The safety glasses are prone to scratches.
- They have fragile hinges.
These modern style glasses are more appealing than the traditionally designed OTG products. They come with soft and adjustable length temples for superior comfort. This will prevent headaches and eye strain.
The glasses are made to ensure a proper fit for different face shapes and head sizes. They meet the ANSI Z87.1+ and CSA Z94.3 impact standards. You can wear them over prescription glasses.
This safety gear can be used for both general-purpose and indoor applications. They are designed with rugged materials to enhance their durability. They are equipped with a one-piece polycarbonate lens which provides an obstructed view while caring for your lawn.
If you are looking for durable, comfortable and protective safety glasses for your lawn care, the 3M Safety Glasses, Virtua CCS is our top pick.
They come with a wrap-around design to give extended eye protection and cushion. The foam gasket helps to reduce eye exposure to dust and other particles. The gasket has airflow vents to enhance comfort and breathability. 3M Safety glasses are suitable for use in humid environments.
They have OSHA and ANSI safety certification for high-impact resistance. In addition, the safety glasses are lightweight and flexible.
Factors to Consider Before Buying Safety Glasses for Lawn Care
If you are in the market for sturdy and durable safety glasses for lawn care, there are some factors to consider. Here are a few of them:
Comfort is an important factor to consider when you want to purchase safety glasses. Ensure that you go with the ones that have features like rubber temple points, cushioned nosepiece, and a nice facial fit. These features are essential for prolonged comfort during your yard work.
You can also go for the one with a lightweight design. This will prevent discomfort while wearing them for your lawn maintenance.
If you want to purchase safety glasses, make sure that you look out for glasses that provide at least 90 percent UV protection. Some safety glasses can also offer UVA, UVB and UVC protection.
Peripheral Eye Protection
Safety glasses that have lateral shields or wraparound designs do provide peripheral protection. Ensure that it can protect you from flying debris from your mower or other power tools that can hit you in the eye during your lawn maintenance tasks.
Another essential factor you have to look out for is their fit. While accessing their fit, you can check the length of the temples, the size of your eyes and the size of the bridge.
One of the ways to know that the glasses fit you is if the temples fit over your ears comfortably. Also, ensure that the frame should be near your face and should have enough support on your nose bridge.
You can also check the material of the lens too. For instance, polycarbonate is a commonly used material. Why? Because it offers a quality vision. Another merit of the polycarbonate material is its resistance to impact as compared to glass lenses.
Lens Tint and Coating
You can choose safety glasses based on the tints and coatings that are used for their lenses. The lens coating can make your glasses last longer. Coating options can be anti-fog or anti-scratch. If you are concerned about varying temperatures, it is advisable to pick a pair of safety glasses with anti-fog coatings.
As for the tints of the lens, each one serves a specific purpose. The clear lenses are mostly made for normal working conditions while the grey lenses are ideal for partial sunlight exposure.
The photochromic lenses are made in a way that they will darken when exposed to outdoor light. Some safety glasses even come with interchangeable lens tint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the top safety glasses brands?
A: There are several brands and manufacturers of safety glasses. Some top safety glasses brands include Dewalt, MSA, Peltor, NoCry, Gateway etc.
When are safety glasses required?
A: They are required to guard your eyes from flying objects, UV rays, molten metal, dust, liquid chemicals and so on.
Can safety glasses damage your eyesight?
A: No, they can’t damage your eyesight. Ensure that you get the correct fit for superior comfort.
What are safety certifications to look for?
A: You can look for safety glasses certified by American National Standards Institute (ANSI) for adequate protection. Your safety glasses should also have a Z87.1 rating which is an ANSI standard requirement for eye protection devices.