Getting the best lawn mower blades for striping will ensure clean and crisp cuts and promote healthy grass growth.
But the big question is, considering a wide range of brands out there, how do you pick a lawn mower striping blade that is durable, sturdy, and easy to install?
To make the decision easier for you, we have reviewed the best mower blades for striping available on the market right now.
In a hurry? Check our top 3 recommendations.
Top 3 Mower Blades for Striping
- Durable and easy to install.
- Offers outstanding value for your money.
- Used for side discharge and bagging applications.
- Gives the lawn a crisp and clean look
- Durable and easy to install.
- Blade design creates neat lines on the lawn.
Best Mower Blades for Striping- Top 7 Picks
These hi-lift bagging blades are perfect for Husqvarna, Poulan Pro, Ariens, Murray and Craftsman brands.
They are well-rated for their durability and easy installation. These Husqvarna mower blades offer outstanding value for your money.
- The Husqvarna HU22027 blades are durable and easy to install.
- Their serrated design ensures clean cuts with each pass.
- These lawn mower blades can be used for side discharge and bagging applications.
- Heavy loads can make the blades dull.
- A user complained that the metal is too soft.
Apart from bagging purposes, they can also be used for side application applications. It has enough capacity to create clean and crisp stripes on the lawn.
These precision-cut blade edges can cut through grass with ease. Its star adapter fits 48-inch cutting decks.
2. Toro 22” Recycler Mower Replacement Blade
The Toro recycler mower blade is easy to install. Some users liked the mower blade for its durability and value for money.
- The Toro 22-inch recycler mower blade offers outstanding value for your money
- It is durable and easy to install
- The blade can cut through stubborn grass and weeds.
- The blade materials require improvement
- A user complained that the blade was not sharpened.
It can fit several Toro lawnmowers. The blade’s precision-cut teeth can easily slice through stubborn grass and weeds.
The Toro mower blade is 2-1/4 inches wide and has a diameter of 7/16 inches. It is capable of creating crisp and clean lines on lawns.
3. Oregon Mower Blades, 3 Pack
Oregon mower blades are ideal for some Ariens, Craftsman, and Poulan 54-cut mowing machines. It has a cutting edge for enhanced mulching.
- The Oregon mower blades can provide crisp and clean stripes
- They are durable and easy to install.
- These mulching blades have an anti-vibration system to reduce operator fatigue.
- A user complained that the blade is made of soft metal.
- Some users complained that they needed to sharpen the blades after using them for a while.
These blades are durable and easy to install. Furthermore, they offer outstanding value for your money.
They are balanced and can create sharp and clean lines. These gator blades come with a reinforced anti-vibration system to help reduce operator fatigue.
4. EGO Power + AB2100 21-inch Lawn Mower Blade
The EGO mower blade is ideal for side discharge, mulching and bagging purposes. It is specifically made for EGO Power + LM2100 and LM2100SP mower models.
- It is easy to install
- The EGO Power + AB 2100 lawn mower blade offers outstanding value for your money.
- It enhances precise cutting results on your lawn.
- A user complained that the blade is made of soft metal.
- The blade may leave clumps.
- The EGO mower blade is too delicate for new lawns.
The factory-sharpened steel blade enhances superior cutting performance.
It offers outstanding value for your money and it is easy to install. Several users also liked the 3-in-1 blade for its suction power.
5. MTD 942-0741A Replacement Blade
The MTD mulching blade is durable and easy to install. It also offers you excellent value for your money.
- The mulching blade is durable and easy to install.
- It offers outstanding value for money.
- The MTD lawn mower blade enhances clean cuts.
- The metal of the blade is soft.
- A user complained that the blade is unbalanced.
The star-shaped center hole makes it ideal for creating clean and crisp lines. It keeps the grass attractive and healthy.
6. Maxpower 331714S Mulching Blade
The Maxpower mulching blade can fit into some Husqvarna, Craftsman and Poulan models. It can give your lawn a clean and crisp look.
- The Maxpower 331714S mulching blade offers outstanding value for your money.
- It is durable and easy to install.
- The blade allows you to create lines while you mow.
- A user noted that the blade is not sharp.
- The blade is thin.
Several users liked the fact that the mulching blade is durable and easy to install. The blade allows you to create neat lines in your grass while mowing.
7. Stens 340178 Hi-Lift Lawn Mower Blades
These high-lift mower blades are perfect for striping large lawns. They have a durable construction and can last for many years.
- These lawn mower blades are easy to install.
- They offer outstanding value for your money.
- The Stens 340178 hi-lift blades are durable.
- The lawn mower blades can bend easily.
These lawn mower blades are also easy to install. They are 21 inches long, 2.25 inches wide and 0.14 thick. They do not leave patches on the lawn.
When it comes to easy installation, durability, and value for money, the Husqvarna HU22027 48-inch premium hi-lift bagging blades are our number one pick.
They are perfect for Husqvarna, Poulan Pro, Ariens, Murray, and Craftsman brands. These mower blades are ideal for side discharge and bagging applications.
They have enough capacity to create clean and crisp stripes on the lawn. The precision-cut blade edges can cut through grass with ease.
Factors to Consider Before Buying Mower Blades For Striping
If you are in the market for ideal and high-quality mower blades for striping, here are some factors to consider:
Material of Construction
This is an important factor to consider before getting mower blades for striping. Ensure that you get a blade that is made of durable materials that can withstand wear and tear.
There are two types of materials used for constructing lawn mower blades. They include metal and steel materials.
Steel is a common material because it is durable and can withstand wear and tear. Metal is also a durable and hard material but it may not be as sharp as steel.
Dimensions of the Blade
It is advisable to select a blade that has the right dimensions that suits your lawn mower. If it is too small or too large, it may not work well.
An ideal mower blade will have the right shape for your mowing machine.
You need to consider the length, width and thickness. In terms of length, a longer blade might cut deeper than a shorter one.
The blade’s width also determines how wide the swath of the grass is cut. This means that a wider blade will be able to mow more deeply than a narrow one.
In terms of thickness, a thicker blade will also cut deeper than a thinner blade.
Another factor to consider while purchasing mower blades for striping is blade sharpness. Ensure that you get sharp blades to enhance clean cuts and prevent lawn damage.
It is also important to check the blade holes to check if it is suitable for your mowing machine. If the holes do not match up, the blade may not work well.
The shape of the hole might be star or round. Check your mower and see if any of the two shapes suit your mower.
Ease of Installation
It is advisable to always get lawn mower blades that are easy to install.
Be on the lookout for mower blades that have a quick-release feature so that you can easily take off and replace the blade.
Types of Lawn Mower Blades
Here are some types of lawn mower blades:
Standard Mower Blades
Standard blades are the most common type of blade. These blades offer excellent cut quality and they are available in different shapes and sizes to fit different mowing machines.
Standard blades work well on dry and damp grounds but they are only suitable for areas with large grass patches.
- Standard blades can mow through thick grass patches with ease.
- They are ideal for all kinds of soil.
- They can mow dry and damp surfaces with much efficiency.
- Standard mower blades can block the chute and restrict storage space in the bag
Mulching Mower Blades
Mulching blades have sharp and curved edges that allow the mower to chop the grass into smaller bits and then expel them back to the ground.
This helps to fertilize your soil and improve the quality of the lawn.
- Mulching blades will help restore nutrients to the soil
- They can work for different purposes at the same time.
- These blades have many curves to allow for accurate cutting.
- They do not perform well on longer grass.
- Mulching blades have low suction.
High-Lift Mower Blades
Hi-lift blades are ideal for taller grass. They raise the grass before mowing it, enabling the blade to cut the grass more cleanly.
These high-lift blades are perfect for cutting tall grass and they can operate well on uneven ground.
- High-lift blades perform well in all conditions.
- They help to increase airflow.
- High-lift blades are a perfect choice for lawn stripes.
- Not the best for sandy soil.
- Not ideal for lawn mowers that have a weak motor or engine.
Low-Lift Mower Blades
Low-lift blades are ideal for mowing on sandy soil. Their blade edges are less curly than standard blades. The suction of these blades is low.
Furthermore, they are about 3-4 inches long. Low-lift blades do not make much noise since they do not require power to work well.
- They are durable and long-lasting
- Low-lift blades are ideal for mowing sandy terrains.
- They do not make much noise.
- Low-lift blades are not ideal for sucking debris into the bag.
Gator blades are similar to mulching blades because they can fertilize the soil. These blades can create optimal suction over the grass and pull it upwards.
Gator blades can easily mow tall grasses into smaller pieces.
- They enhance precise cutting results
- Gator blades are ideal for fertilizing the soil.
- They can mulch leaves.
- Not the best for areas with sandy soil.
- Their edges can become dull quickly.
Do High-Lift Blades Stripe Better?
Yes, they stripe better because they provide more lift on long grass and weedy turf areas.
High-lift blades are also considered an “all-condition blade” because they give superb cuts regardless of the turf.
They can expel grass clippings out of the mowing machine through the mower’s discharge shoot or into a bagging device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are high-lift blades good for side discharge?
A: Yes, they are ideal for side discharge applications.
What height should I cut my grass for stripes?
A: To achieve optimal cutting results, the perfect mowing height for lawn striping is between 2.5 to 3.5 inches.