Having a healthy and well-manicured lawn is the dream of every homeowner, but this can only be achieved when you get the right lawn mower for your yard.
But the question, considering a wide range of brands to choose from, is how do you get the right lawn mower brands for lawn care?
In this article, we will help to make the decision-making process easier by reviewing some top lawn mower brands manufacturing the best lawn mowers available on the market. We looked at metrics such as price point, ease of use, comfort, cutting power, and performance.
Ready? Let’s dive right into it
Best Lawn Mower Brands on the Market
About the Brand: Greenworks is well-known for providing high-performance and innovative solutions to homeowners who want cleaner and greener yards.
Price range: $107 to $897
Greenworks is a company that produces top-rated electric lawn mowers and battery-powered yard equipment. Founded in 2002 by Yin Chen, a Chinese entrepreneur, the company has the goal to eliminate gas-powered tools from the yard and replace them with reliable and efficient electric-powered devices.
Their headquarters is based in Changzhou, China. There, they manufacture all their products from their world-class facilities. They also have offices in Sweden, USA and Canada. The company manufactures high-quality and environmentally friendly products at competitive prices.
- Greenworks Pro 80V 21-Inch Push Lawn Mower: With a battery life that lasts up to 60 minutes, plus a 21-inch cutting deck and 3-in-1 functionality, the Greenworks 2501202 cordless mower is a great indication of the company’s years of innovation in battery-powered lawn tools. Get the Greenworks Pro 80V 21-Inch Push Lawn Mower on Amazon.
- Greenworks 40V Push Lawn Mower: The lightweight mower comes with a 16-inch cutting deck which enables efficient mowing on small and medium-sized yards. It provides 45 minutes of runtime on a fully charged 4.0Ah battery. Get the Greenworks 40V 16-inch Electric Lawn Mower on Amazon.
- Greenworks 48V 21” Self-Propelled Lawn Mower: Powered by 2 5Ah USB batteries, this self-propelled lawn mower offers side discharge, mulching, rear bagging and turbo functions. Get the Greenworks 48V 21” Self-Propelled Lawn Mower on Amazon.
About the Brand: Honda lawn mowers have enough capacity to handle both residential and commercial lawn maintenance.
Price Range: $419 to $1700
Founded in 1946, Honda is one of the biggest and most popular automotive brands in the world. Honda’s range of lawn care products includes brush cutters, hedge trimmers, blowers, lawnmowers, trimmers, alongside pumps and generators. They also have a wide variety of lawnmowers ranging from push to self-propelled types. G here to read about popular lawn mower reviews.
Honda lawn mowers have high power output, solid cutting power, and an easy starting system. The patented two-blade cutting system reduces wear and tear on the blades and engines, making it more durable. Honda lawn mowers are more expensive than several mowers in their category.
- Honda 664100 HRX217VKA Self-Propelled Lawn Mower: The Honda 664100 has a powerful engine, 4-in-1 Versamow system, and automatic choke for increased mower performance. Get the Honda 664100 HRX217VKA Self-Propelled Lawn Mower on Amazon.
- Honda 662300 4-in-1 Versamow System Walk Behind Mower: The 4-in-1 walk-behind mower has enough capacity to mulch, bag, shred and side discharge. It runs on a powerful GCV 200 for an easy start. Get the Honda 662300 4-in-1 Versamow System Walk Behind Mower on Amazon.
- Honda 664060 HRN216VKA Self-Propelled Lawn Mower: With its simple design, the mower provides speed variability and great adaptability. It has side discharge, mulching and bagging capabilities. Get the Honda 664060 HRN2164060 HRN216VKA Self-Propelled Lawn Mower on Amazon.
About Craftsman Brand: Craftsman mower brand has a great reputation for comfort and flexibility. It is one of the top-rated brands with reliable warranty packages.
Price Range: $182 to $5000
Craftsman manufactures a wide range of lawnmowers and other outdoor tools. They were part of a brand called Sears, but they are now completely independent. The trademark of the company was officially registered in 1927. Their lawn mowers are mainly manufactured in China while some are also produced in Taiwan.
Although their tractors might not have as much power as Cub Cadet and John Deere mowers, they are equipped with similar features such as a high back seat and hydrostatic transmissions. Craftsman lawn mowers are reliable, durable, and reasonably priced.
- Craftsman M215 Self-Propelled Lawn Mower: Powered by an efficient engine, the Craftsman M215 is perfect for small to medium-sized yards. The front-wheel-drive makes it easy to maneuver around level terrain. Get the Craftsman M215 Self-Propelled Lawn Mower on Amazon.
- Craftsman M105 Push Lawn Mower: The Craftsman M105 gas mower comes with a 21-inch cutting deck which enables you to trim the grass in one quick pass for a quick and efficient mowing job. It is also easy to start and assemble. Get the Craftsman M105 Push Lawn Mower on Amazon.
- Craftsman Z525 Zero Turn Gas Powered Lawn Mower: This mower is equipped with a 50-inch cutting deck, high back seat, 24 HP Kohler Engine for superior mowing performance. Get the Craftsman Z525 Zero Turn Gas Powered Lawn Mower on Amazon.
About the Brand: The EGO brand provides improved durability in all weather conditions. Its products are backed by a 5-year warranty.
Price Range: $339 to $831
The EGO company was established in 1993 and officially launched in the United States of America in 2012. The brand focuses on producing super environmentally-sustainable battery powered cordless technology.
Most of their lawn mowers have an ARC lithium 56-volt battery which delivers 60 minutes of runtime.
- EGO LM2135SP: With its 21-inch mower deck, 60-minute runtime, and SelectCut Multi-Blade feature, the LM2135SP mower will offer you optimal value for your money. Get the EGO LM2135SP Mower on Amazon.
- EGO Power + LM2021: The self-propelled lawn mower delivers up to 60 minutes of mowing time. It is lightweight and highly maneuverable. Get the EGO Power + LM2021 Mower on Amazon.
- EGO LM2102SP: The mower’s deck height can be adjusted between six cutting height settings, ranging from 1.5-4 inches for an excellent cut quality. Get the Ego LM2102 on Amazon.
About the Brand: Husqvarna lawn mowers are known for their flexibility, durability, reliability, and power for lawn maintenance.
Price Range: $250 to $5,450
The Swedish-based yard tool company is a manufacturer of outdoor power tools such as lawn mowers, lawn tractors, brush cutters, chainsaws etc.
Although they are expensive, the company’s product line is among the most durable and reliable brands on the market. Their lawn mowers come with innovative features such as comfortable controls, ergonomic seat, direction control and pedal-operated speed.
- Husqvarna MZ61: The zero-turn mower has a maximum forward speed of 8.5 miles per hour, a high back seat, a 61-inch cutting deck, foam-padded hand grips for superb mowing performance. Get the Husqvarna MZ61 Mower on Amazon.
- Husqvarna Automower 430XH: The robotic mower is perfect for yards that are up to 0.8 acres. It performs well on long grass and can navigate through tight spaces and obstacles. Get the Husqvarna Automower 430XH on Amazon.
- Husqvarna Z254: The riding mower runs on a 26HP Kohler engine for reliable startups and a maximum speed of 6.5 mph. It has six cutting heights which can be adjusted from 1.5-4 inches to suit users’ needs. Get the Husqvarna Z254 on Amazon.
6. Sun Joe
About the Brand: Sun Joe is a popular brand that creates high-quality outdoor household and gardening tools.
Price Range: $99 to $749
The American-based company manufactures affordable and efficient lawn mowers, string trimmers, pressure washers, dethatchers, and hedge trimmers.
Sun Joe lawn mowers are quiet and environmentally friendly. They offer a wide variety of corded and cordless lawn mowers which are durable, versatile, and reasonably priced.
They are equipped with innovative features such as large wheels for easy maneuverability, a collapsible handle for easy storage, and user-friendly controls.
- Sun Joe MJ408E 12 Amp Electric Lawn Mower: The 12-amp motor lawn mower is easy to maneuver on lawns, thanks to its lightweight design. It does not require oil, gas, or tune-up. Get the Sun Joe MJ408E 12-Amp Electric Lawn Mower on Amazon.
- Sun Joe MJ401E-PRO Electric Lawn Mower: The electric mower features a 14-inch steel blade design for precise cuts on lawns, a collapsible handle for easy and compact storage. Get the Sun Joe MJ401E-Pro Electric Lawn Mower on Amazon.
- Sun Joe MJ401C Cordless Push Lawn Mower: The 28-volt lithium-ion battery mower can last up to ¼ acre per single charge. It is lightweight and quiet. Get the Sun Joe MJ401C Cordless Push Lawn Mower on Amazon.
About the Brand: Worx garden and lawn equipment & power tools are designed on a platform of great innovation and high performance.
Price Range: $252 to $560
Worx is a brand that is owned by the Positec Tool Corporation. Founded in 2004, the company is based in China. It has its North American headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina. They are popular for manufacturing lawn equipment, garden equipment, and DIY power tools.
Aside from lawn mowers, the Worx provides a wide variety of tools such as string trimmers, leaf blowers, hedge trimmers, power saws, and sanders. Their tools come with a two-year standard warranty. The cordless electric mowers run exclusively on batteries and they release zero carbon emissions.
- Worx WG743 40V 16” Cordless Lawn Mower: The mower has a patented intellicut technology that delivers more power while mowing dense grass. It can mulch or bag via the 2-in-1 option. Get the Worx WG743 40V 16” Cordless Lawn Mower on Amazon.
- Worx WG779 Cordless Lawn Mower: The cordless mower is ideal for cutting yards that are up to 5,500 sq. feet on a single charge. It has mulching and bagging capabilities for a well-manicured lawn appearance. Get the Worx WG779 Cordless Lawn Mower on Amazon.
- Worx WR165 Landroid S 1/8 Acre Robotic Lawn Mower: Perfect for lawns that are up to 1/8 acre, its brushless motor enhances more power and a longer lifespan than several lawn mowers with brushed motors. Get the Worx WR165 Landroid S 1/8 Acre Robotic Lawn Mower on Amazon.
8. Cub Cadet
About the Brand: Cub Cadet offers durable and high-quality products at reasonable prices.
Price Range: $300 to $8,199
The Ohio-based company was established in 1960. It has evolved to become one of the top-rated and popular manufacturers of outdoor power equipment. Cub Cadet walk-behind, riding lawn mowers, and lawn tractors are also sturdy and well-built. They have well-designed mowing decks and cutting systems.
They come with features such as pedal-speed control and cruise control for superb mowing performance. Cub Cadet lawn mowers are fairly simple to use and comfortable to drive.
- Cub Cadet Ultima ZT1 50: Marked by some features such as a 20-inch high back seat, 20-inch rear tires for excellent traction, and dual-LED headlights for visibility in low light conditions. These features are indicative of top-quality Cub Cadet products!
- Cub Cadet XT1 L46: It is equipped with a 46-inch cutting deck for effective and superb grass-cutting performance on medium and large-sized yards. The 16-inch turning radius ensures easy navigation around obstacles. Get the Cub Cadet XT L46 now
- Cub Cadet ZT1-54 Riding Lawn Mower: With a 54-inch cutting width, the zero-turn mower can mow up to 4 acres. It is suitable for mowing slight rolling hills and several obstacles. Get the Cub Cadet ZT1 54 now
About the Brand: Snapper has been producing efficient outdoor power equipment for more than seventy years.
Price Range: $277 to $1000
The company was founded in McDonough, Georgia in 1894. Then, it was known as Southern Saw Works before it transformed into a McDonough power company.
Due to a decline in business, William Smith purchased the company in the 1940s. Simplicity later acquired the ownership in 2002 before the recent takeover by KPS Capital Partners.
Snapper manufactures a wide range of outdoor equipment such as zero-turn mowers, walk-behind mowers, string trimmers, hedge trimmers, and leaf blowers. Snapper lawn mowers got their name from the unique character of their blades to snap at grasses, rather than slice them. They are backed by a three-year warranty.
- Snapper XD 82V Max Cordless Electric Lawn Mower: The top-rated cordless lawn mower runs on a Briggs and Stratton engine for an effective mowing operation. It delivers up to 90 minutes of runtime with (2) Briggs & Stratton 82V MAX 2.0 Lithium-ion batteries. Get the Snapper XD 82V Max Cordless Electric Lawn Mower on Amazon.
- Snapper 1687914 Self Propelled Mower: It has a 21-inch cutting deck with a 3-in-1 design that allows you to side discharge mulch or bag grass clippings. Get the Snapper 1687914 Self Propelled Lawn Mower on Amazon.
- Snapper HD 48V MAX Cordless Electric Lawn Mower: Equipped with a 20-inch mowing deck, load sensing technology for efficient grass cutting performance on lawns. Get the Snapper HD 48V MAX Cordless Electric Lawn Mower on Amazon.
10. John Deere
About the brand: Apart from its usual signature (deer logo and green color), John Deere is known for its exceptional mower design.
Price range: $1,599 to $5,999
The American company was established in 1837. They are very popular in the heavy-duty and lawn care equipment industry. John Deere is well-regarded for its excellent customer service and top-quality products.
With more than fifty years of producing riding mowers, John Deere has sold millions of outdoor equipment and these tools have played an important role in lawn maintenance. Their products are durable and quite powerful.
- John Deere S240-48 Lawn Tractor: It features a 21.5 HP V-Twin Engine, 46-inch Accel Deep Deck, 15-in open back seat, and K46 heavy-duty hydrostatic transmission for top-notch mowing performance. It is backed by a 3-year warranty.
- John Deere S120 Gas Hydrostatic Lawn Tractor: Its 42-inch deep deck design enhances superior cut quality on lawns. It has 13 cutting heights which can be adjusted from 1-4 inches to suit your mowing needs.
- John Deere Z345R Riding Lawn Mower: The riding mower comes with an 18-inch mid-back seat with armrests for comfort while mowing. It can also trim around trees, flower beds, and shrubs with ease.
The PowerSmart brand is owned by Amerisun Inc, which is a parent company from Itasca, Illinois.
They manufacture full-featured outdoor equipment that ranges from lawn mowers, snowblowers, yard cleanup tools, and generators.
This firm markets these tools for residential, agricultural, commercial, and public sector uses.
The company is committed to providing high-quality products for prices that an average homeowner can afford. In addition, they offer excellent customer service
Many PowerSmart lawn mowers are well-liked for their durability, lightweight design, easy storage, and innovative features to suit your mowing needs.
If you want to keep a neat and healthy lawn, getting the right lawn mower is important. After considering several mowers from the best lawn mower brands, the recommended mowing machines were chosen based on features such as height adjustment options, ergonomics, cutting power and performance, runtime, mulching, and bagging features.