Best Lawn Mower Blades For Thick Grass
If you are in the market for top-quality and efficient lawn mower blades for thick grass like Bermuda or Zoysia grass, then you are sure going to love our recommendations.
In this article, we review the most effective mower blades for thick grass available on the market, and how to pick the suitable one for your lawn mower.
In a hurry? Check our top three recommendations for top-rated mower blades for thick and long grass below:
Best Mower Blades for Thick Grass: Top 3 Picks
- Used on 48-inch decks.
- High-lift design throws the clippings better.
- Sharp and easy to install.
- Includes one mower blade for many 22 in. cut for Craftsman, Husqvarna and Poulan mowers.
- 5-point star center hole.
- Easy to install.
- Produces fine quality mulch
- Durable and easy to install
- One blade in the package.
1. Rotary Blades for Deck/ Craftsman/ Poulan/ Husqvarna
These mower blades are perfect for lawn mowers such as Husqvarna, Poulan or Craftsman models.
- The high-lift design helps to throw clippings better.
- The Rotary mower blades do not create much noise and work well for thick grass.
- They are very sharp for optimal cutting performance.
- They are made of top-quality material.
- The blades are a bit pricey.
- They do not have an extensive mulching feature.
They are well-liked for their sharpness. The dual serrated design ensures better handling of tasks in your garden. They are compatible with a limited range of models, especially those with 48-inch decks.
When it comes to cutting performance, these blades are very strong and they excel in all tasks that you put them in. They are also easy to install and use.
2. MaxPower 331740B Mower Blade for Thick Grass
The MaxPower 331740B blade is among one of the top rated lawn mower blades available on market today. Its design enhances a long lifespan and high performance.
- The MaxPower 331740B mower blade remains sharp for an extended period.
- The mower blade is long enough to cover a wide area.
- Its star-shaped mount allows for mounting on a wide variety of lawn mowers.
- It is made of a sturdy stainless-steel construction for increased durability.
- The Maxpower 331740B blade tends to struggle with suction issues.
- Not the most suitable for mulching.
The easy-to-install blade can be used alongside a wide range of lawn mowers because of its star-shaped center mount hole. It is a great choice for mowers such as Husqvarna, Poulan, and Craftsman.
It has a length measurement of 22 inches which provides it with a cutting area that is wide enough to tackle a wide range of sections in your lawn without you returning to the same section.
3. Toro Recycler 22” 59534P Mower Blade
The Toro Recycler 22’’ blade is meant to fit Toro lawn mowers more than other brands. It has a length of 22 inches which makes it longer than a lot of lawn mower blades out there.
- The Toro Recycler 59534P blade is affordable and resistant to rust.
- It is long enough to handle a large cutting area
- The mower blade produces a very fine quality of mulch.
- The 22-inch mower blade is durable and easy to install.
- It only works with Toro lawn mowers.
- A user complained that the blade is not of OEM quality.
The Toro Recycler 59534P mower blade is designed with a sturdy and sharp stainless material for efficiency and high performance when you mount it to the right mowing machine. It is also sharp enough to produce a fine quality of mulch.
4. MR Mower Blades 195-005 AYP Mower Blades
These mower blades are made specifically for AYP Sears, Craftsman, Husqvarna and Poulan riding lawn mowers. It is a great choice for homeowners who do not want to get OEM blades.
- The dual-bevel design helps to promote a highly-effective mulching process.
- It is made of high-quality material.
- The heavy-duty blades last for a long time.
- The blades can bend easily.
- These blades might get dull very quickly, especially under heavy use.
MR Mower 195-005 blades come in a dual-blade package for an optimal cutting performance. They also feature a dual-bevel design that improves the mulching process.
The blades are measured at 21 inches, creating a guarantee that their cutting area is among the largest that you can get. They are very easy to install thanks to their 5-star center holes.
5. USA AYP340BP Mulching Mower Blades
These blades are compatible with mowers such as Husqvarna, Craftsman, Ariens, AYP, Viking and Poulan mowers. They have a width of 2.2 inches, length of 21 inches and thickness of 0.06 inches.
- They are very good with light jobs.
- They are compatible with a wide variety of mowers.
- USA AYP340BP mulching mower blades are durable and easy to install.
- They feature a high-lift style design that gives a fresh-cut appearance.
- Not the most suitable for heavy-duty jobs.
- Some users complained that the blades get bent easily.
The mower blades provide a thorough cut and handle different types of grass in wet and dry conditions.
In addition, they are durable and easy to install plus they help to promote optimal output because they can fit in your mower securely.
The Rotary blades for Deck/ Craftsman/ Poulan/ Husqvarna are our top pick mower blades for thick grass because they rank #1 when it comes to easy installation, durability, efficiency, and performance.
The dual serrated design enhances better handling of tasks in your garden. They are perfect for a larger mower, especially if you own Husqvarna, Poulan or Craftsman models.
When it comes to optimal cutting performance, these blades are very strong and they excel in all tasks that you put them in. They are easy to install and use.
Factors to Consider Before Choosing Lawn Mower Blades For Thick Grass
If you are in the market for a versatile and durable mower blade for long and thick grass, there are some factors to consider. Here are a few of them:
Length of the Blade
The length of mower blades usually range from a minimum of 16.75 inches to a maximum of 22 inches.
Most of them are either 21 or 22 inches long. Regardless of the length that you choose, make sure that it fits your mower correctly. It will not fit perfectly if it is too wide. Also, if it is too short, it will not cut much of the area.
Width of the Blade
The blade width is also an important factor to consider while buying a lawn mower blade for thick grass. Ensure that you get blades that have a width that ranges from 2.25-3.5 inches.
Ensure that you take a closer look at the shape of the blade before getting your mower blade for long grass.
Check to see if it is parallel or perpendicular. To achieve optimal cutting performance, ensure that the mower blades match the shape.
Number of Holes in the Blade
Some blades have a 6-point opening while some come with a 5-point design.
Check the type of opening that your mower can handle. In addition, make sure that the size of the opening is compatible with your mowing machine.
It is advisable to go for durable mower blades that you will be able to use for many years to come.
Getting a durable mower for blades will enhance optimal mowing performance on tough grass for an extended period.
What mower blades are the most effective for thick grass?
High-lift Blades. High-lift mower blades are the most ideal for cutting long and thick grasses. This is due to the fact that they create a suction that discharges the cut grass at a higher angle. High-lift blades cut with precision and last longer than other regular mower blades.