If you are in the market for a high-quality and compatible mower blade for your Honda lawn mower, then you are going to love our recommendations.
In this article, we share efficient Honda lawn mower blades available on the market, and how to choose the right one for your Honda lawn mower model.
In a hurry? Check our top three recommendations for top-ranked blades for Honda lawn mower:
Best Honda Lawn Mower Blades: Top 3 Picks
- Solid steel construction enhances longevity and top-notch performance.
- Perfect for cutting thick grass.
- Has a circular center hole for easy installation.
- Offers outstanding value for your money
- Durable and easy to install.
- Mulches grass efficiently.
- Durable and easy to install.
- Double-sided design provides a smooth cut on lawns.
- Produces fine clippings for great mulching and bagging.
1. Honda HRX Blade Kit (1) 72511-VH7-000 Blade & (1) 72531-VH7-000 Blade
The Honda HRX blade kit is a durable and innovatively-designed product suitable for top performance on lawns.
- The Honda HRX blade kit is easy to use and install.
- It is built with sturdy and top-quality material.
- The blade kit performs well on thick grass.
- It is only suited for the Honda HRX217.
- Not well-balanced.
The mower blade comes as a set of two blades for upper and lower placement. It is only suited for HRX217 lawn mowers. In addition, it is perfect for cutting thick grass.
The Honda HRX blade kit has a circular center hole for easy installation. It is designed with solid steel construction to enhance longevity and top-notch performance.
2. Honda 08720-VH7-000 Mulching Blade Set
The Honda 08720-VH7-000 blade set is durable and easy-to-install. The blade set cuts well and leaves no shredded tips on the grass. In addition, it fits well for HRX mower models.
- The mulching blade set is durable and easy to install.
- Its double-sided design provides a smooth cut on lawns
- The blade mulches very well.
- It fits only the HRX mower models.
The Honda 08720-VH7-000 keeps your lawn fresh and lively and its double-sided design provides a smooth cut and fine clippings for great mulching and bagging.
3. Honda HRR216 Blade Kit, (1) 72531-VH7-000 Blade
The Honda HRR216 blade kit has a high-quality design for a superb grass-cutting operation.
- The HRR216 blade kit is well-balanced.
- It is easy to install.
- The blade provides nice cuts without tearing the lawn.
- Not the most suitable for soft grasses like Kentucky Bluegrass.
The Honda HRR216 blade maintains a nice cut to make your lawn look beautiful. In addition, it cuts your grass without bashing or tearing your lawn.
The blade kit is durable and easy to install. Furthermore, it offers you great value for your money. It is well-balanced to make cutting easier for you.
4. Honda HRR Blade Set 72531-VE2-020, 72511-VE1-020
The Honda HRR blade set comes with a double-sided blade design to fit Honda HRR models. It is durable and easy to install. The blade set helps to keep your lawn in peak condition.
- The blade set provides smooth cuts on lawns
- It produces fine clippings for great mulching and bagging.
- The Honda HRR Blade set is durable and easy to install.
- A user complained that the blades were not balanced and caused vibrations in the machine.
The twin blades provide a neat and smooth cut, along with fine clippings for great mulching and bagging. Some users attested that the blade is made of high-quality material.
5. Honda HRT Blade Kit 72531-VE2-020
The Honda HRT blade kit fits into Honda lawn mower models such as HRB215, HRB216, HRM215, HRM215K1, HRT216 and HRZ216. It is well-liked for its great value, durability, and easy installation.
- It mulches grass efficiently.
- The Honda HRT blade kit is easy to install
- It is well-liked for its great value and durability.
- A user complained that the blade does not cut cleanly like the original blades.
- Blades were not sharpened upon arrival.
A user attested that the blade worked well and came at a good price. It produces fine clippings for better mulching and bagging operations.
The Honda HRX blade kit is our top pick because it ranks #1 when it comes to durability, easy installation, and great performance.
The mower blade comes with a set of two blades for upper and lower placement. It is perfect for cutting thick grass.
The Honda HRX blade kit has a circular center hole for easy installation. It has a solid steel construction to enhance longevity and top-notch performance.
Also Read: Best Dethatching Blades
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Lawn Mower Blade
If you are in the market for a durable and sturdy lawn mower blade, there are some factors to consider:
Length of Blade
The first thing to look at is the length of the blade. The length of a blade usually falls between 16.75 inches to 22 inches long. Ensure that you pick the right length that will fit your mower properly.
It is also important to check the width of the blade before buying a lawn mower blade. The typical width of the blade falls between 2.25-3.5 inches.
A wider blade may not fit properly and at the same time, a shallow blade may not help you cut better. It is advisable to choose the size proposed by your lawn mower’s manual.
The holes in the blade refer to the latching holes that will grab onto the opening.
Most blades come with a five-point opening while some blades have a six-point opening. Make sure that you choose something that fits in perfectly within the openings of the blade hole and the machine.
It is also important to check the shape of the blade before getting one.
All you need to do is to check if the original blade has a parallel or perpendicular blade shape. You can now buy the one that will fit the shape of the blade that you presently have.
Make sure that you consider the material used to produce the blade.
Stainless steel is most preferred because it will help you in getting a sharp cut on lawns. In addition, it does not get rust easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Best Lawn Mower Blade For Honda HRX 217?
We recommend the Honda 08720-VH7-000 mulching blade set as the best blade to buy for your Honda HRX217 model.
It is made of high-quality steel material and cuts grass efficiently. It has a total of 20.75 inches in size. The mower blade comes with a triple-holed and groovy design for better grip.
The durable Honda 08720-VH7-000 model has a superb swift cutting action, thanks to its innovative design.
How Do You Take a Blade Off a Honda Lawn Mower?
The first step to take is to check the owner’s manual for the specific model. You will likely need a screwdriver to do so. Some models may require you to drain your fuel tank too.
How Often Should I Sharpen My Mower Blades?
You can sharpen your blade twice per season or after 25 hours of use to keep them in good shape.
Should Mulching Blades Be Sharp?
Yes, they are supposed to be sharp so that they can cut through leaves, grass and other debris.