Best Half Moon Garden Edgers
If you are looking for a gardening tool that can maintain your garden without taking up much space in your garage or shed, then, half moon garden edger might be a good fit for you.
To get the most out of a manual edger, you want something lightweight, durable, and easy to use.
After spending about 9.5 hour researching and evaluating different products, we share the best half moon garden edgers you can use for your yard work for optimum results.
In a hurry? Check our top 3 picks below:
Best Manual Edgers on the Market: Top 3 Picks
- Maintains sleek trims and edges in your garden.
- Lightweight design.
- Eco-friendly and easy to use.
- Unique footplate that offers a consistent cutting depth.
- Performs efficiently in straight lines and curves.
- Creates finished lawn edges along lawns, sidewalks and driveways.
- Suitable for edging gardens and walkways.
- Comes with a long shaft for easy edging.
- Lightweight design.
1. Radius Garden 206 PRO Carbon Steel Edger
The Radius Garden 206 PRO half moon edging tool is eco-friendly and durable. It can maintain sleek trims and edges in your garden. The garden edger offers more leverage for easy gardening.
- The Radius Garden 206 comes with a durable stainless blade that does not rust easily.
- It enhances a smooth and near cut on the edges of your flowerbed, garden, patio or lawn.
- It has an O-shaped handle for comfort. This will relieve you of hand, arm or wrist stress.
- It is eco-friendly and requires less maintenance
- The length of the manual edger is too short for tall people.
- Not ideal for hard soil types.
The manual edger comes with an extra-wide elevated forward step for a remarkable performance. The edger is comfortable and easy to hold. This will relieve you of hand, wrist or arm stress. The steel blades are durable and anti-rust.
This lawn edger operates efficiently on irregular edges. It is capable of maintaining a smooth and neat cut on the edges of your flowerbed, garden, patio or lawn. It has a lightweight design and requires minimal maintenance.
2. Fiskars 38.5 Inch Long-Handle Steel Edger
The Fiskars 38.5 Inch Long-handle steel edger is suitable for edging gardens, flowerbeds, walkways etc. It comes with a steel blade that can cut through dense turf.
- Comes with a dual-handle design for comfort and enhanced control.
- The Fiskars steel edger is eco-friendly.
- It is lightweight and easy to use.
- Its long shaft makes it easy for people to edge their gardens or walkways.
- Some users complained that the plastic handle is not durable.
Its large foot platform ensures an easy edging operation. With this, it becomes easy for the edger to maximize force with your body weight.
The long shaft makes it easy for anyone to edge. You don’t have to kneel or bend down to edge the borders of your gardens or walkways. The half moon edger is lightweight and sturdy.
The Fiskars 38.5 inch steel edger is also environmentally friendly. It comes with a dual-handle design to provide comfort and ultimate control.
3. Radius Garden 25602 Pro-Lite Carbon Steel Edger, Green
The Radius Green 25602 is an efficient half moon edger that can maintain sleek edges in your garden. The extra-wide elevated step offers more leverage.
- The Radius Garden 25602 steel edger requires minimal maintenance.
- The half moon edger is durable, easy to use, and eco-friendly.
- It comes with an extra-wide and elevated forward step for more leverage.
- The edger has a lightweight design.
- No drawback worthy of note.
The Radius Green 25602 edging tool helps you maintain your balance for maximum safety and performance.
The half-moon edger can create clean garden edges in a fast manner. It has a lightweight design. This makes it easy to use. Its O-shaped handle allows for an easy grip.
The Radius Green 25602 is backed by a lifetime manufacturer guarantee. The carbon steel blade requires minimal maintenance. You just need to clean it after use. The fiberglass shaft is suitable for heavy-duty digging operations.
The Radius Garden 25602 steel edger is eco-friendly compared to gas edgers. It can withstand tough obstructions in your garden without bending. The manual edger can also maintain your lawn, yard and flower bed.
4. AMES 2917200 Saw-Tooth Border Edger with T-Grip
The AMES 2917200 saw-tooth highly rated half moon lawn edger comes with a unique footplate that offers a consistent cutting depth. The edger operates efficiently in straight lines or curves.
- The AMES 2917200 comes with a T-shaped grip that enhances comfort and ultimate control.
- It performs incredibly well on tough grass such as Bermuda and St Augustine grass.
- It has a unique footplate that offers consistent cutting depth on your lawn.
- It comes with a 15-year warranty.
- The manual edger can be used on sod.
- Sharpening the blade might be a bit difficult.
The AMES 2917200 saw-tooth is equipped with a serrated 15-gauge steel blade that can cut through the turf in a single step. The T-grip feature enhances ultimate control. The edging spade is equipped with a solid steel handle for improved durability.
The half moon garden edger is a sturdy and ergonomic edger suitable for edging driveways, sidewalks and lawns. It is comfortable to use. The AMES 2917200 model performs well on tough grasses such as Bermuda and St. Augustine grass.
5. Yard Butler Manual Step Edger
The Yard Butler Manual Step Edger is an easy-to-use gardening tool for anyone looking to achieve a clean and neat yard. This manual edger comes with a unique long-handled design for easy edging.
- The Yard Butler manual edger comes with a serrated tooth for an in-depth cutting angle
- It offers an efficient deep clear-cut along the edges of patios, lawns, sidewalks and driveways.
- It comes with a strong handle that is long enough to carry
- The half moon edger has powder-coated steel to prevent rust
- This equipment is suitable for grooming around trees, flower beds and shrubs
- Quite heavy.
The foot bar offers extra leverage. The edger is equipped with cushioned hand grips for comfort. The Yard Butler Manual Step Edger is suitable for grooming around trees, flower beds and shrubs.
The steel is powder-coated to avoid rust which makes it more durable. It is perfect for making a deep clear-cut along the edges of patios, lawns, driveways and sidewalks. The foam casing on its T-shaped handle provides a soft grip while applying pressure to the edger.
The Radius Garden 206 PRO Garden Stainless Steel half moon edger is our top pick because it ranks #1 when it comes to efficiency, durability, and comfortability.
The manual edger is backed by a lifetime manufacturer guarantee. It can withstand tough gardening challenges and requires minimal maintenance.
The lawn edging tool is lightweight and eco-friendly. The Radius Garden 206 can maintain a clean and neat edge in a garden or lawn. This might be a good fit for homeowners.
Benefits of Using Half Moon Garden Edgers
Here are some of the benefits of half-moon garden edgers offer:
Half moon garden edgers are cheaper than gas-powered edgers. You do not need to spend extra bucks on gas. It is built to last long so you won’t need to worry about getting a replacement anytime soon.
Half-moon edgers are simple tools that require minimal maintenance. They are easy to clean and steel coated to prevent rust. You just need to wipe the edger blade and you are set for your yard work. No batteries to charger, no oil to change.
Garden tools like manual edgers are easy to store as they don’t take up much storage space. You can simply hang it in your garage.
They are eco-friendly and don’t release harmful emissions. Unlike gas or electric-powered lawn edgers, you can easily edge your garden without disturbing neighbors with noisy edgers.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Half-moon Garden Edger
If you are in the market for an efficient and durable half-moon garden edger, there are some factors to consider. Here are a few of them:
If you are trying to purchase a half moon edger, ensure that you get a suitable one for your height. You can get a half moon lawn edger that has features such as a rubber or soft-grip over the handle.
Handle grip will enhance greater comfort. In addition, it will protect your hands from blisters and strain. T-shaped handles offer more leverage. O-shaped handles can also serve as an ergonomic alternative.
Size of the Lawn
The size of your garden will determine the type of manual edger that is the most suitable for your needs. Half moon garden edgers are suited for smaller lawns. It can be really exhausting using a manual edger on a large lawn.
The blade design is one of the important factors to consider before buying a half moon garden edger. It is advisable to choose one with stainless steel blades because they are more durable, easy to clean and resistant to rust.
- Edger Shaft
Most edgers come with a shaft that is 35-40 inches long. Ensure that you pick an edger that has a long shaft length. It should be above your waistline. This provides you with more leverage when exerting pressure on the ground. The shaft should be made of wood or steel.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is an edger important?
A: It is important for some reasons. A Lawn edging tool ensures smooth, neat and accurate edges around the plant beds. It can also edge between driveways, walkways, lawn or patio.
In addition, they save your trimming time. Edgers increase curb appeal and prevent invasive grasses from entering the flowerbeds. A lawn edger is an important tool for any landscaping project.
Are there types of manual edgers?
A: Yes, there are three types of manual edgers. They can be used for different functions. They include spade, standard and rotary edgers.
What type of edger do I need?
A: It depends on your lawn, its size and the type of results you want. If you have a yard that has a lot of aspects such as walkway, driveway, patio, it is suitable to use a standard edger.
If you just want to edge a driveway and sidewalk, a rotary edger is better. You can choose the standard edger when you have lots of roots of grass and weeds to cut.
What is the difference between an edger and a trencher?
A: The simple difference between the two is the depth. An edger creates more shallow cuts while a trencher creates deeper canals in the earth.