Choosing the right battery for your Greenworks lawn mower can ensure hassle-free and efficient mowing operation.
But the question is, considering a wide range of power ratings and sizes available on the market, how do you pick a Greenworks battery that is most suitable for your Greenworks lawn mower model?
After spending 8 hours combing through experts and real users’ reviews, we reveal the top-rated Greenworks mower battery available on the market today.
In a hurry? Check our top 3 recommendations below:
Best Greenworks Mower Batteries: Top 3 Picks
- Lithium-ion technology delivers maximum performance.
- Rapid charge of 1 hour to full capacity
- Ideal for a larger yard.
- Delivers fade-free power to enable you to complete the job at hand.
- Rapid charge of 30 minutes to full capacity.
- Onboard LED lights fuel indicator for on-demand reference of remaining power.
- The solid casing feature protects the battery from falls and rough treatments.
- Rugged and durable design.
- It can last up to 2000 charge cycles.
1. Greenworks Pro 80V Lithium-Ion Battery GBA80400
The Greenworks PRO 80V provides adequate power to run your garden tools and machines for at least an hour. In addition, the lithium-ion battery is ideal for a larger yard.
- The Greenworks GBA80400 battery model has a longer runtime of one hour
- It can be used on all Greenworks 80-volt tools.
- It delivers fade-free power for maximum performance.
- The battery is powerful for mowing operations.
- The Greenworks battery is a bit pricey.
Like other Greenworks batteries, it comes with an onboard LED fuel indicator which provides your remaining power on demand.
It has a 60-minute recharge time and provides fade-free power for maximum performance on lawns.
2. Greenworks 40V 2.0 Ah Battery, 29462ement Set
The Greenworks 40V is compatible with G-Max 40V tools. It delivers fade-free power with no memory loss after charging.
- The Greenworks 40V battery is eco-friendly and can last up to 2,000 charge cycles.
- The lithium-ion battery features a simple snap-on and off design for ease of use.
- It delivers fade-free power with no memory loss after charging.
- It is rugged and durable
- It has short battery life.
- The Greenworks 29462 model has a flimsy battery housing.
The Greenworks 40v battery has a quick time of 60 minutes while its lithium-ion technology ensures remarkable performance on small yards.
The lithium-ion battery comes with an onboard indicator that shows you the battery’s runtime.
In addition, it informs you about when to recharge the battery or not. Its solid casing protects it from rough treatments and can last up to 2,000 charge cycles.
3. Greenworks 29472 G-MAX 40V Li-Ion Battery
The Greenworks 29472 Li-ion battery has a quick charge time of 20 minutes.
- The Greenworks 29472 40V battery is lightweight, easy to use and environmentally friendly.
- It can last up to 2000 charge cycles.
- The G-MAX battery delivers consistent fade-free power during its entire runtime.
- A user had issues with its battery indicator lights
- A user noted that the battery does not last long.
Its one battery system offers a complete yard work solution. Furthermore, the Greenworks battery is lightweight, eco-friendly, and easy to use.
The Li-Ion battery also offers fade-free power throughout its entire run cycle. It has a longer runtime than Nicad batteries.
4. Greenworks PRO 80V 5.0Ah Lithium-Ion Battery, GBA80500
The Greenworks Pro 80V battery features a lithium-ion technology that delivers maximum performance on lawns.
- The Greenworks GBA80500 battery comes with lithium-ion technology that offers maximum performance.
- It has a durable and rugged design.
- It is powerful and easy to change.
- It is a bit pricey.
Its onboard LED lights indicator provides an on-demand reference of remaining power.
It is compatible with a GCH8040 80V charger model. The GBA80500 battery model has a rapid charge of 90 minutes to its full capacity.
5. Greenworks Pro 80V 2 Ah Lithium-Ion Battery, GBA80200
The Greenworks GBA80200 battery has a rapid charge of 30 minutes and offers a 40-minute working time.
- The Greenworks GBA80200 battery is easy to change.
- It is powerful and fast to recharge.
- The battery is durable and rugged for optimal performance.
- It has the same run time as the 40V 4Ah battery.
- Some users complained about its battery life.
The Greenworks Pro 80v battery comes with a durable and rugged design for maximum performance.
The lithium-ion battery can get your landscaping job done at a lower cost of operation. It provides enough charge which makes it ideal for a one-acre yard.
6. Greenworks Pro 60-volt Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery
The Greenworks Pro 60V battery is compatible with all Greenworks 60V tools, including lawn mower, blower, trimmer, backpack blower, and hedge trimmer.
- The Greenworks Pro 60-volt rechargeable battery is durable and long-lasting
- The lithium-ion battery is fairly quick to charge.
- It holds its charge very well.
- It has short battery life.
- A user commented that it is expensive.
The rechargeable lithium-ion battery charges in 75 minutes.
It comes with an onboard battery fuel indicator that allows for on-demand reference of remaining power. A user commented that the Greenworks lasts long and can hold its charge very well.
The Greenworks PRO 80V GBA80400 battery is our top pick because it ranks #1 when it comes to power, runtime, and performance.
It has a 60-minute recharge time and it provides fade-free power for maximum performance on lawns.
It comes with a superb onboard indicator and can run your garden power tools for at least one hour.
How Long Should a Greenworks Battery Last?
The lifespan of a Greenworks battery is measured in charge and discharge cycles. Greenworks mower batteries have a high charging cycle capacity and can last for up to 2000 cycles.
Factors to Consider Before Buying Greenworks Mower Battery
If you are in the market for a durable and powerful Greenworks battery for your Greenworks mower, there are some factors to consider. Here are some of them:
The higher the voltage rating, the more torque and power your machine or tool will have. For optimal performance, it is advisable to look out for batteries that range from 40 to 80 volts.
Most Greenworks batteries come with an onboard battery life indicator. Ensure that your battery has this feature because it gives you an idea of how much runtime is left.
The quality of the material is an important aspect when choosing a battery for your Greenworks mower.
Check if the battery is made of heavy-duty materials or not. You also need to look at the casing of the battery to be sure if it can handle vibrations and shocks.
Ensure that your Greenworks battery can withstand a harsh outdoor environment. It should be able to resist vibrations, water and high temperatures.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a 4Ah battery instead of 2Ah?
Yes, you can use it as far as it has the same voltage rating and it is built to fit your machine.
Are Greenworks 40V batteries interchangeable?
Yes, these 40V batteries are interchangeable if they are designed for that particular tool.
What is the difference between a 2.0Ah battery and a 4.0Ah battery?
The main difference between them is that the 4Ah battery lasts 2X longer than the 2Ah battery. It is important to note that other factors may also affect the battery’s runtime.