A lawn mower belt is an essential component of your machine. Without one, you won’t be able to cut the grass with even the most powerful engine.
In the market for the right lawn mower belt for your Craftsman lawn mower? We want to make that decision easy for you.
That’s why we have spent 9 hours combing through different online stores and reading customer reviews.
In this article, we share some top-rated Craftsman lawn mower belts available on the market right now.
In a hurry? Check our top 3 picks:
Best Craftsman Lawn Mower Belts: Top 3 Picks
- Easy to install
- Turns the transmission pulley to move the tractor.
- Sturdy and reasonably priced.
- Offers an outstanding value for your money.
- Designed with high quality materials.
- Easy to install.
- Designed to meet or exceed OEM specifications.
- Smooth-running and flexible.
- Ensures consistent transfer of radial torque to the mower’s transmission shaft.
1. Craftsman Husqvarna 140294 Lawn Tractor Ground Drive Belt
The easy to install Craftsman 10294 deck belt turns the transmission pulley to move the tractor.
- The Craftsman 140294 is sturdy and reasonably priced.
- It is easy to install.
- The drive belt enhances flexibility and smooth-running operation.
- A user complained that the belt shreds easily.
The deck belt is made of high-quality materials for optimal mower performance. Some users liked the fact that it is sturdy and reasonably priced.
2. Craftsman 144959 Replacement Deck Belt
The Craftsman 144959 replacement deck belt is designed to meet or exceed the OEM belt specifications.
- It is easy to install
- The belt enables the wheels and lawn mower blades to move efficiently.
- The Craftsman 144959 ensures consistent transfer of radial torque to the mower’s transmission shaft.
- Some users complained that the belt is not durable.
- The belt is short and can easily break.
The belt measures ½ by 95/5 inches long and it is made with quality materials. It has high-anti wear properties and it is resistant to sources of belt damage.
The Craftsman 144959 model is easy to install. Furthermore, it enables both wheels and blades to move efficiently.
Some users commented that the replacement belt is perfect for several Craftsman mowers such as LT 1000 and LT 2000 models.Apart from Craftsman, the belt also works with Ariens, Poulan, Husqvarna, and Sears lawn mowers.
3. Craftsman Replacement Belt Made with Kevlar Poulan 405143
The Craftsman 405143 makes use of Kevlar inner coring for added strength. The belt enables the cutting deck to cut well and it is durable.
- The Craftsman 405143 offers a better grip for pulleys
- Its Kevlar reinforcement provides better performance and ensures longer life
- It is durable and easy to install.
- The belt enables your lawn mower to cut efficiently.
- The belt stretched out too quickly.
- The outer sheath frays too easily.
A user commented that the mower belt lasted for seven years. The replacement belt is backed by a one-year warranty.
Its Kevlar reinforcement offers longer life and better performance. The easy-to-install Craftsman replacement belt offers a better grip for your pulleys, enabling the mower to work well.
4. Craftsman 125907X Lawn Tractor Drive Belt
The Craftsman 125907X lawn tractor drive belt is a replacement made for Craftsman, Poulan, and Husqvarna. The easy-to-install drive belt is made of high-quality material and can hold up very well.
- The Craftsman 12507X belt is made of top-quality material.
- It enables your mower to engage in forward and reserve better.
- It is easy to install.
- The belt can shred quickly.
- Some users complained that the belt size does not fit in with their mower.
The drive belt enables the lawn mower to engage in forward and reverse better. In addition, it offers an outstanding value for your money.
5. Craftsman Husqvarna 161597 Lawn Tractor Ground Drive Belt
This drive belt helps to turn the transmission pulley to move the tractor. It is a perfect fit for Craftsman, Poulan and Husqvarna models.
- It lasts long and is made of high-quality materials.
- The Craftsman drive belt offers good value for your money.
- It is a perfect fit for different mower brands such as Craftsman, Husqvarna and Poulan models.
- Not easy to install.
- Some users complained about the durability of the belt.
Some individuals attested that the drive belt is top-quality and lasts long. The Craftsman 161597 drive belt is rated as a rugged and superb drive belt for its price.
When it comes to performance, compatibility and easy installation, the Craftsman 10294 deck belt is our top pick.
The Craftsman 10294 deck belt helps to turn the transmission pulley to move the tractor. Apart from Craftsman lawn mowers, it is also compatible with Ryobi and Poulan brands.
The deck belt is made of high-quality materials for optimal lawn performance. It is also sturdy and reasonably priced.
How To Replace The Drive Belt On A Craftsman Lawn Mower
Here are some steps to replace the drive belt on your Craftsman mowing machine:
- Place your lawn mower on a flat level surface with the parking brake engaged so that it won’t move.
- Disconnect the battery by disconnecting the power and spark plugs.
- Seal the fuel tank in case you want to tilt the mower. Sealing it will prevent fuel loss during work.
- Press the rear handle downward to lift the front wheels upwards. Ensure that you put a wooden block between the front deck and the cutter area. To make the work easier, you may raise the mower. You can also use a lawn mower lift to lift the machine.
- Remove the deck with a screwdriver and wrench so that you can have access to the drive belt.
- Use a cleaning brush to clean the deck and shaft.
- Bring out the crankshaft pulley.
- After removing the deck, blades and crankshaft pulley, replace the old drive belt with a new one.
- Replace the crankshaft pulley in its previous location by rotating the bolt clockwise. Tighten it carefully with a new drive belt.
- Reattach and tighten up the blade before re-installing the deck.
- Lower the lawn mower by removing the wooden block.
- Unseal the fuel tank.
- Reconnect the battery and spark plug. Start the mower and run it for five to ten minutes to check if it is working properly.
You may need the following tools for a belt replacement:
- A replacement Belt
- A wooden block
- A pair of work gloves.
- A new drive belt
- Protective goggles
- A socket wrench
- A cleaning brush
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Belts Does a Craftsman Lawn Mower Have?
The Craftsman lawn mower has two drive belts (primary and secondary).
How Long Do Belts Last on a Riding Lawn Mower?
Under ideal conditions, a mower drive belt should be able to last between three to four years.
What is The Ground Drive Belt on a Craftsman Riding Mower?
The ground drive belt connects the engine crankshaft pulley to the transmission pulley, enabling the lawn mower to drive.
What size belt is 144959?
The size belt measures ½ X 95.5 inches.