When shopping for a commercial edger, certain factors such as cut quality, range, versatility, durability become more important.
If you don’t have the time to manually review all the commercial edgers out there before making a pick then you are going to like our article. We spent over 9.5 hours reviewing different commercial edgers on the market, and we present to you our list of 7 top-rated commercial edgers on the market right now.
By the time you are done reading, you will feel more confident in picking the right edger for commercial use.
In a hurry? Check our top 3 recommendations below:
Top 3 Best Commercial Edgers on the Market
- Precision cutter head makes clean cuts possible.
- Offers an unlimited range.
- Allows users to cut the edge vertically or horizontally.
- Uses cutting-edge technology for a perfect cut.
- Heavy-duty steel blades with serrated edges provide clean and straight lines.
- YEfficient, Versatile & Durable.
- Adjustable auxiliary handle offers perfect control.
- Integrated cord lock feature prevents accidental discharge.
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver.
1. WORX WG896 12 Amp 7.5” Electric Lawn Edger & Trencher
The WORX WG896 12-Amp 7.5” Electric Lawn Edger uses cutting-edge technology and a 12-amp motor system to give you professional-looking edges and lines.
- Users can look forward to a fast turnaround time, thanks to the edger’s powerful 12-amp motor system.
- The WORX WG896 12-Amp 7.5” Electric Lawn Edger and Trencher’s cutting line indicator serves as a cutting line guide for a straight cut.
- Its 3 cutting depth adjustments enable users to cut at different depths.
- There are a few complaints that the edger isn’t great on uneven terrains.
The WORX edger is powered by a 12-amp electric system. The edger’s blade is made of heavy-duty steel with serrated edges which help users to make straight and clean lines.
The machine also comes with a wear indicator through which you’ll know when the blade is due for replacement.
The lawn edger’s power system generates sufficient power to spin the blade at 4,700 revolutions per minute (RPM) and enables the operator to cover much ground quickly.
Its adjustable shaft makes it flexible to use by operators of different heights because they can find a comfortable length and position to work, thereby reducing the discomfort associated with using an ill-fitted edger.
Backed by a 3-year warranty.
2. Black & Decker 3-in-1 Lawn Mower, String Trimmer, and Edger
If you are looking for an edger with mowing and trimming capabilities, you might want to consider the multipurpose Black & Decker 3-in-1 lawn mower, string trimmer, and edger.
- Weighing just 16.6 pounds, it is lightweight and easily maneuverable.
- Switching from one form to another is stress-free, simply step on the switch lever and watch as it transitions in seconds.
- It comes with 2 batteries, a feature that allows you to edge your lawn without worrying about running out of power, especially if the batteries are fully charged.
- The batteries are slow charging.
The 3-in1 edger can easily be converted from one form to another, depending on the purpose you intend to use it for at a particular time.
It comes with an Automated Feed System (AFS) that ensures you can work continuously without stopping or bumping while its power drive transmission is a preventive measure against bogging down.
The Black & Decker 3-in-1 lawn mower, string trimmer, and edger is smooth running with an adjustable height deck for ease of use. Its pivoting handle provides an easy and comfortable way to hold it while working.
The multipurpose edger is backed by a 2-year limited warranty.
3. McLane 101-5.5GT-7 Gas Powered Lawn Edger
If you are looking for precision edging, the dual-purpose edger and trimmer might be exactly what you need to deliver an outstanding job.
- It is fast and efficient on medium to large sized yards.
- The McLane 101-5.5GT-7 Gas Powered Lawn Edger is versatile and can cut grass from different angles.
- The cordless edger offers a great edging range because you are not limited by the length of a cord.
- It is one of the most expensive edgers out there.
The McLane 101-5.5GT-7 Gasoline Powered Lawn Edger is motorized and can work conveniently and deliver a clean cut on most curbs, thanks to its precision cutter head and spring steel blade.
The edger is made of a heavy-duty steel frame that comes with dual cutter head bearings, one of the features you can leverage for smooth cutting.
The cordless gas-powered garden edger can cut your lawn’s edge horizontally or vertically so you can make it aesthetically appealing.
Backed by a 2-year limited warranty.
4. Southland SWLE0799 79cc Walk Behind Gas Lawn Edger
The Southland SWLE0799 79cc Walk Behind Gas Lawn Edger is a versatile edger with adjustable blades and multiple depth options that make for a good cut on lawns or sidewalks.
- The Southland SWLE0799 79cc Walk Behind Gas Lawn Edger is CARB and EPA compliant.
- Its curb hopping feature enables you to trim your curb’s edges conveniently.
- Its manual recoil easy start helps you start the edger effortlessly.
- A few users have reported that the Southland SWLE0799 edger sometimes leaks oil.
The Southland edger is powered by a 79cc OHV engine that fires its 9-inch blade to produce 3.5ft/pound torque.
The Southland edger is made of a metal frame while its blade guard protects the blade from hitting hard objects that may damage it.
Its easy pull recoil system makes starting the edger hassle-free, simply pull the rope and you’re good to go.
The Southland SWLE0799 79cc Walk Behind Gas Lawn Edger is versatile. Its 5 adjustable positions offer up to a 2.5-inch deep cut. With an adjustable blade that you can adjust 15 degrees right or left, the lawn edger’s bevel edging capabilities makes a clean cut possible.
Comes with a 2-year warranty.
5. EGO Power + MHC1502 Multi Combo Kit: 8-Inch Edger
The EGO Power MHC1502 Multi Combo Kit: 8-Inch Edger is in a class of its own with its water-resistance capability and its powerful 5.0AH battery.
- The edger is backed by an impressive 5-year limited warranty.
- The edger’s 8” attachment is equipped with an easy depth adjustment for smooth edging around the driveways and sidewalks.
- The edger is lightweight and supports easy maneuverability
- The plastic parts are not durable.
The edger is designed with advanced battery technology for a long-lasting mowing session, without the fuss, noise, and fumes that accompany gas edgers.
The EGO Power MHC1502 Multi Combo Kit: 8-Inch Edger package comes with an edger head, a string trimmer head, a power head, a standard charge, and a 5.0AH battery, everything you need to give your curb or sidewalk a befitting cut.
The battery-powered edger 15” string trimmer with rapid reload head helps you cruise through the edging session while the adjustable edger attachment makes it quite easy to adjust from 2.5-inches to 4-inches as required.
The EGO Power MHC1502 Multi Combo Kit: 8-Inch Edger comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
6. Wild Badger Power 4-in1 Multi-Function Tool
If you are looking for an environmentally friendly, multi-functional, and fuel-efficient lawn edger, the Wild Badger Power 4-in-1 Multi-Function Tool is worth taking a look at.
- Easy handling makes edging fun and less stressful.
- It is a multifunctional tool that saves you time and money.
- The edger is lightweight and to maneuver.
- The edger’s assembly instructions aren’t clear enough.
TheWild Badger lawn edger comes with a full crank for emission reduction so you’ll have environmentally friendly equipment to work with.
With the aid of the link-on connect system, the multifunctional edger can easily convert into a hedge trimmer, grass trimmer, or brush cutter.
The Wild Badger Power 4-in-1 Multi-Function Tool is powered by a grade 26cc full crank 2-cycle engine that provides sufficient power to trim a curb or a driveway’s edges with ease.
Its soft-grip handle is another feature that increases its overall performance because you can comfortably handle the edger, even when working for hours.
Backed by a 3-year limited warranty for commercial use.
7. GreenWorks 12-Amp Electric Corded Edger 27032
The GreenWorks 12-Amp Electric Corded Edger 27032 offers added control and prevents accidental disconnect.
- The front wheel is supported with a spring to provide several blade depths and versatility.
- You can use the edger without running the risk of the cord disconnecting accidentally.
- It will be better off with a thinner blade.
The GreenWorks edger is equipped with a 7.5” double-edged blade for robust edging capabilities while its adjustable auxiliary handle offers you extra control and comfort.
Its integrated cord lock feature keeps the extension cord in place and prevents it from disconnecting accidentally.
The Greenworks edger is powered by its 12-amp motor system that delivers enough power for impressive edging capabilities.Weighing 17.82 pounds, the Greenworks edger isn’t too heavy to move around.
It is backed up by a 4-year warranty.
The McLane 101-5.5GT-7 Gas Powered Lawn Edger is our top pick. It is versatile, highly durable, and offers unlimited range and cutting capabilities.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Commercial Lawn Edger
Here are few things to pay attention to when shopping for a commercial edger to make the right selection:
Commercial edging comes with a heavy workload. You can save valuable time and money by going for a versatile and multipurpose edger. Consider going for a model that can edger, mow and trim. This will allow you to serve different homeowners with varying needs.
The heavy-duty use that the edge will be subjected to requires that you get a lawn edger that can withstand the pressure and workload. Find a product with sharp and robust blades that won’t cave in under pressure. Go for a product with an angled blade for professional use because it is more efficient.
Weight and size
As a lawn care expert, you’ll move around a lot and you must carry your lawn care tools along with you. If you buy a heavy and big edger, transporting it around may be challenging. It’s advisable to buy one that is lightweight and easy to carry, although you shouldn’t sacrifice efficiency as well.
Commercial vs. Standard Lawn Edger
Standard and commercial lawn edgers serve the same purpose: they help keep the edges of a lawn well-trimmed. Here are some differences between the two types of lawn edgers:
The power source of a commercial lawn edger determines its price while the price of a standard edger is dependent on its quality.
Commercial edgers are multifunctional edge trimmers while the standard counterparts are most often designed for a specific purpose.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do edgers last?
A: With proper maintenance, a lawn edger should last for three years or more.
How frequently should I maintain my lawn edger?
A: Maintain your lawn edger regularly. Use a soft towel to clean the outside while you can keep the door glass in top shape with warm soapy water. Use a microfiber cloth to dry the lawn edger after cleaning.
What factors should I consider when shopping for an edger for commercial purposes?
A: When shopping for a good commercial edger, consider the ease of use, versatility, materials, weight, and size.