We spent 9 hours going through experts’ and real users’ American Lawn Mower Company 1204-14 reviews. Here is what the majority of users and experts think:
10 Reasons to Buy
- It is quieter than several lawn mowers out there.
- The American Lawn Mower 1204-14 has durable blades which provide a neat and scissor-like cut.
- The push reel lawn mower provides outstanding value for your mowing needs.
- It requires minimal maintenance.
- It is easy to assemble. You don’t need to hire an expert to help you with its assembly.
- It is budget-friendly and easy to operate.
- Its lightweight design makes mowing a lot easier.
- The push reel lawn mower is inexpensive.
- It enables easy and smooth maneuverability on lawns.
- The American lawn mower company 1204-14 has a sturdy and solid construction.
4 Reasons NOT to Buy
- It is not efficient on long and wet grass.
- It is not ideal for large lawns.
- It does not come with a clipping management system. Thus, you will need to leave them on one side or rake them after you have finished mowing.
- Some users complained that the cutting height of the blades is too low.
The American Lawn Mower Company 1204-14 Product Specifications
|Brand||American Lawn Mower Company|
|Mower Type||Manual Push|
|Cutting Width||14 inches|
|Maximum cutting height||1.75 inch|
|Minimum cutting height||0.5 inch|
|Additional Information||4-blade reel, 8.5-inch diameter high impact and polymer wheels, three-spider ball bearing assembly, an adjustable blade height, cutting reel axle shaft, 14-inch cutting deck.|
The American Lawn Mower Company 1204-14 Review
The push reel lawn mower comes with four blades which enhance a smooth and nice cut. The American lawn mower company 1204-14 has a cushioned handle that provides balance and comfort while mowing. Plus a high-grade quality build-up.
The 8.5” polymer wheels enhance easy and smooth maneuverability while mowing. They also have an integral molded tread for improved traction on your lawn.
The three-spider ball bearing assembly delivers a scissor-like cut with just a gentle push. One of the downsides of the mower is its 14-inch cutting deck which is quite small compared to other lawn mowers.
This reel mower does not have a power source to make the blades spin. All you need to do is just push. It produces a low-level noise emission.
You can mow at any time of day without disturbing those around you. One of the noticeable flaws of this mower is that it takes more effort to push than gas or electric lawn mowers.
It performs incredibly well on most turf grasses, especially rye, fescue and bluegrass. It is also capable of cutting grass up to 4 inches tall. Its height adjustment levers allow you to adjust the cut between 0.5-1.75 inches for a nice and smooth cut on a small yard.
For optimal cutting performance, mow frequently during the growing season. Another major drawback of the American Lawn Mower 1204-14 is its unsuitability for wet and long grass.
Ease of use
The manual push lawn mower is easy to assemble. Users claimed that they assembled the parts in ten minutes. You only need to attach the handle.
The mower’s lightweight design comes in handy when working on even and uneven terrains. It is small and lightweight, making it easy to store in your garage or shed.
In addition, it does not require fuel or oil checks, which makes it quite easy to maintain. Furthermore, the cutting reel has three height options which make it easy to cut the grass to an ideal height.
Price and Warranty
The American Lawn Mower 1204-14 is inexpensive. And it comes with a 90-day warranty.
It supports a host of accessories such as an 8.5” wheel kit, 14” handle kit, grass collection bag,14” roller assy kit to ensure an improved mowing operation.
One of the flaws about this reel lawn mower is that some accessories such as grass collection bags, gear and pawl kits are sold separately.
Based on the feedback from several users, the American lawn mower company 1204-14 works incredibly well on small yards. It combines its unique design, ease-of-use and cutting power to deliver a nice and well-cut lawn.
If you are looking for an affordable and efficient reel mower for your small yard, the American Lawn Mower Company 1204-14 might be a good choice.
American Lawn Mower Company 1204-14 Mower
- Mower Type: Manual Push
- Cutting Width: 14 inches
- Maximum cutting height: 1.75 inch
- Warranty: 90 days
- Power Source: Manual
- Weight: 20lbs
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the American Lawn Mower Company 1204-14 made in America or China?
The mower is made in the United States of America.
Can you get a new wheel?
Yes you can. You will need to buy it from the MFG
Do the handles fold for easy storage
No, it doesn’t
Does it come assembled?
No, it does not come assembled, but it is easy to set it up
What is the warranty?
It comes with one-year limited warranty service.
How much does it weigh?
It weighs 20lbs.
How high does it cut grass?
The maximum cutting height for the manual push mower is 1.75 inches.
What is the warranty?
The push reel lawn mower comes with 90-day warranty service.
- Lubricate cutting surfaces at periodic intervals
- Store the mower in a clean and dry place.
- Clean mower after use.
- Check for damaged or defective parts before use.
- For remarkable results, sharpen the cutting blades.
- Ensure that the bolts and nuts of the mower are tightened.